Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I am excited about this watch but my only concern right now is the server holding up to the mass ordering flood that will be at 3:01a. I hope it goes smooth and we all get what we want. I did have a question though once you place your order will the watch be shipped to your home address or is it shipped to the Apple Store near you and we have to go there to pick it up?

Hopefully, Apple has implemented its new FoundationDB to support the Apple Online Store -- and can handle the load with ease.

The nearest stick and stucco Appe Store is 35 miles away -- I order from the Apple Online store all the time & they ship direct to your home (with an option for in-store pickup).

On another forum, someone suggested that they will configure each pre-order watch/band combo in China and ship directly from there ...

Scoov

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
no thunder here yet (Bowling Green, KY) but I can see the storms getting ever closer on RadarScope :( I have my iPhone set to cellular only in case the power goes out...decided to leave the iPad on cellular. Planning on using the Apple Store app to place my order, have several 'favorited' for quick order.

Dadman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
No way. I just don't think people would be willing to wait that long. Possibly longer between generation 2 & 3, but with this being a 1.0, and the news that Apple was not able to do everything they wanted with this version, I just think it will be sooner rather than later.

aaronpbrown

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling Apple might have let that cat out of the bag so more people might splurge on the Stainless. $400 vs $700 is a lot easier to justify every year...

JStaggie

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple Employees can get 50% off a watch for personal use. But the EPP stores are stores for companies who have employee purchase programs (similar to the education store); I'd be surprised if they offer any discount this soon on the watch.

EndriL

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I personally do

I think it has a better chance at being two years rather than one year because Apple might not feel like they can successfully take more money out of a lot of people to make the product a success, as many have a hard time justifying the cost of an iPhone. Some can barely pay for a watch, and is not as much of a necessity as the phone.

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it has a better chance at being two years rather than one year because Apple might not feel like they can successfully take more money out of a lot of people to make the product a success, as many have a hard time justifying the cost of an iPhone. Some can barely pay for a watch, and is not as much of a necessity as the phone.

I agree

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro