Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

aaronpbrown

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Less than one hour left! If I won the $400 GC I'd splurge for the Black Stainless instead of the Black Aluminum. Oh well by going for the Sport I can justify a new one every year ;)

Cool my post number is my birthday too, must mean I'm gonna get the gift card ;). Or atleast hopefully the order I want :D

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to add some insight to the Apple Care+ decision.

IF It's true that the Apple Care+ Prices of $59 for the Apple Watch Sport & $79 for the Apple Watch are legit (Apple Watch Edition will be excluded from this conversation for obvious reasons) I would like to point out the following realities:

Unlike Apple products that have come before the Apple Watch; this just may very well be the 1st time where getting Apple Care is an absolute no brainer; I would argue that no Apple Product up until this point has made the decision to purchase Apple Care so one-sided.

Apple Care for the iPhone and iPad is $99 (for this price you can jump an entire storage tier which is significant and causes decision conflicts).
Apple Care for the Apple TV is $29 (Apple TV's sit under entertainment centers are unlikely to warrant this cost).
Apple Care of iPods are $59 (arguably you can pay a little extra and pursue a newer generation iPod or storage tier).
Apple Care for iMacs and MacBook's are "special".

With the Apple Watch, this thing is worn on the body, exposed to the outside elements and even exposed to other individuals.

The price of the Apple Care for an Apple Watch won't clash (save for a $50 Sports Band) with anything an Apple Watch could offer (the price of upgrading to a different case tier is $200 when going from Sport to Stainless Steel).

So in my mind, given that there's LITERALLY nothing worthwhile to compete with Apple Care for an Apple Watch, we all mind as well take that plunge and get the Apple Care+

Let me know your thoughts community!

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
you awake trying to improve your fitness- activity monitor on the watch sure will keep you going
Just promised 3 days ago that I would change my habits and start sleeping earlier and wake up by 7am to go to the gym. Now I'm here awake awaiting for a (hopefully) 2-minutes-ordering-process. lol Life is tricky!

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
anyone attempting to order the watch as a EPP order? wonder if they are giving any discounts?

I was curious about that as well. I actually called the EPP line earlier & the rep said she wasn't sure, and that she would check, but came back and said it didn't look like it for the launch.

I'm going to try and look at the EPP site again!!! I like getting the EPP discount!!!

Tojasonhoo

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely going with stainless steel, but I can't decide between black sport and classic black leather buckle. Thoughts? I'm worried the sport band will fall of easily. I had issues with the Fitbit.
The buckle looks nice- more like a watch should look. However, the sport looks pretty secure with that peg and tuck under to hold it down. If the extra cost isn't an issue I would go buckle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner