Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
OK everybody lets reiterate our choices but use the following format:

case size = reason why

case type = reason why

band choice = reason why

I'll start it off

38mm = using the official size chart shows the 42mm will look rather unwieldy on my 190mm wrist

sport silver = the anodized black coat is likely to scratch and show the silver underneath anyhow plus it doesn't look as good with other bands

white band = the black is exclusive to the space gray apple watch for now and the other colors are silly lol

carlsimmons81

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
That'd mean something to me if a) I watched The Flash or Arrow (Sorry, DC. Marvel all the way!) and b) I actually watched TV shows live.

My point is still valid. You can still watch Agents of Shield a few hours before we do. You east coasters definitely have your advantages. My advantage is that Apple is less that four hours north of me :).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of going with the Space Black casing/Black sports band combo at launch. What do you guys think about adding a Milanese Loop to the Space Black casing later on? Look ok?

Not sure if the black will clash with the silver of the milanese loop band or not. I actually wondered that, myself.

AMCTheaters

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
My point is still valid. You can still watch Agents of Shield a few hours before we do. You east coasters definitely have your advantages. My advantage is that Apple is less that four hours north of me :).

True. I guess I'll have the TV show advantage once I manage to have the free time to watch them as they air.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
So Australia can do the watch 15min testing on Apple store but can't buy the watch yet?

Yup. Benefits of being on the opposite side of the world. They didn't even have to set an appointment as the appointment reservation system doesn't go live for another hour and 35 minutes.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

case size = reason why

case type = reason why

band choice = reason why

I'll start it off

38mm = using the official size chart shows the 42mm will look rather unwieldy on my 190mm wrist

sport silver = the anodized black coat is likely to scratch and show the silver underneath anyhow plus it doesn't look as good with other bands

white band = the black is exclusive to the space gray apple watch for now and the other colors are silly lol

for me 42 mm because i've been wearing the Pebble watch so I'm used to the large size

same sport silver (stainless is too expensive for something that should improve yearly) and gray I'm afraid will show scratches or wear away like my previous anodized black watch

white band because I think it will be flashy, blue would be my second non black choice but I think that will look childish - will probably get a black band eventually especially if the white shows wear/dirt

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
So I have watched a bunch of online reviews and hands on. Still sticking with black sport with black band. Keeping it simple.

Also while I was chilling I decided to keep myself busy and upgrade my Verizon DVR system. Only thing is it will be here before my watch lol.

The night is still young!!!

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is the first round of winners!​

iMore coffee mug
carlsimmons81
jenkman91
wittstock
Tolulope Obe
jalexand007

iMore t-shirt
shawn_k
Jean Sagarese
Scoov

$25 iTunes gift card
Rainwater50
isaac watkins3

Congratulations! I'll be emailing everyone to get shipping info etc tomorrow. :)

Everyone else, stay tuned for more giveaways, including that $400 Apple gift card!

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

case size = 42mm I like bigger watches

case type = Sport. Honestly, I'm being "cheap". I'll probably upgrade in a year or two to a stainless steel model

band choice = Sport band. Again, being "cheap". I'll wait and see what 3rd parties offer. Color pref in order white, blue, green.

Scoov

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
How many of you are coming from a Pebble, Android Wear, Microsoft Band, or other "smart watch". I'm excluding fitness trackers such as the Fitbit and Nike Fuel Band from this poll.

I currently have the Pebble (red).

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
this actually worked as a size reference- now i know the 38m will be too small for my wrist- though its the size of my casio which i love- 2 year buddy, for a screen i will be touching and tweeting on, its too small- 42mm sport watch green band is my pick now FullSizeRender.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro