Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Going to be an interesting night.

I've done enough of these late night Apple pre-orders that I think I have many of these things down.

To compensate for the 1 Watch per Apple ID limit I'm having the wife stay up with me so she can order her own.

Considering there will be two unusual transactions being charged from two different accounts to the same bank account I picked up two Apple Store gift cards today. This should hopefully also help with Credit Card servers getting slammed.

Plan for tonight is order 38mm and 42mm White band SS, and schedule an appointment tomorrow for the band fittings. We'll need a sports band either way so this works out. We'll get our normal bands as a side accessory. I expect the sports bands to be in high quantity

elmo0629

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
A lot of the reviews I've read said it is pretty low. I'm not sure if you can raise the volume. I know you can mute from the settings, but not sure if there's on screen volume controls similar to control center.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Apple ever confirmed that you could order it online and pick it up in the local Apple Store

The rumor mill has been spinning about this question all day. There is a firm belief in some places that you will not be able to purchase with in store pickup. I'm planning for that outcome and if I can go get it without waiting for delivery then it'll be an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I know a couple people doing it. I was considering selling my Macbook Pro and getting the new Macbook. The performance numbers though are off-putting to me though. Can't justify it with the first iteration with work.

Was so incredibly close though...

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed... Hope Apple servers will hold and be ok.... Because the iPhone 6 launch was such a mess...

Still trying to decide if I'll go with blue or green band....

I think Apple care + is a great deal for the sport.... Not too expensive... And will help u to sell the watch when generation 2 is coming....

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
i think so because it is glass! if it doesn't completely hinder force touch it will handicap it a lil- form iPhone screen protector experience - the touch response is lot better without a screen protector than with one- and the watch protector at this link will surely disturb -
Amazon.com: Apple Watch Case, LUVVITT? STEEL Case for Apple Watch 42mm | Includes TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector - Front Apple Watch Cover and Screen Protector for Apple Watch | Stainless Steel Case for Apple Watch 42mm - Stainless Steel: Cell Phone

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I just watched an Australian Apple store try on video and the black band sport with the space gray looks amazing. The white stood out too but he compared it to a Sony watch that currently is available. I actually had seen that connection in a previous blog posting about a week ago.

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
i really do hope the freebie from this Pajama party pays for my apple watch and if I do win it, hoping also the goody bag containing the $400 gift card or sort comes in early enough for to pre-order the apple watch.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
At least for the iPhone, AppleCare is the standard warranty - 12 months manufacturer warranty and 90 day phone support. AppleCare+ is the extended warranty that give you 2 years manufacturer warranty, 2 years phone support and 2 incidents (for an additional fee) for physical damage replacement.

I will rephrase: Applecare+ is a little different that Applecare Protection Plan...

Since the original post was talking about buying "AppleCare" at a date later than the preorder, I took it as shorthand for "AppleCare Protection Plan" since there is no need to purchase the warranty and phone support that already come with he device purchase.

And technically AppleCare+ comes with one year of additional warranty, two years of accidental damage coverage (2 incidents at $79 for repair and possible device replacmemt) and one year, nine months of phone support.

But who cares about that. I still can't decide between silver Sport or silver stainless steal!

wittstock

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Going to be an interesting night.

I've done enough of these late night Apple pre-orders that I think I have many of these things down.

To compensate for the 1 Watch per Apple ID limit I'm having the wife stay up with me so she can order her own.

Considering there will be two unusual transactions being charged from two different accounts to the same bank account I picked up two Apple Store gift cards today. This should hopefully also help with Credit Card servers getting slammed.

Plan for tonight is order 38mm and 42mm White band SS, and schedule an appointment tomorrow for the band fittings. We'll need a sports band either way so this works out. We'll get our normal bands as a side accessory. I expect the sports bands to be in high quantity

Apple Watch pre-orders open up this Friday at 12:01 AM Pacific Time. In anticipation of what might very well be staggering demand, Apple has reportedly limited pre-orders of the device to just one per customer as it pertains to in-store pickup. Presumably, users who order the device to their homes can order more than one at a time.