Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This is not precisely true. The sensors on the back are slightly different on the Sport, and the sensor pack itself is plastic and not ceramic so that will affect the function of the watch at least a tiny bit.

That's interesting. Hope that's not the case. At least didn't read about it anywhere except of course the sapphire and ceramic are more robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddyedr

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Preorder anticipation has me all worked up and pumped, first Muse releases two songs for it new album as a tease and now The Apple watch pre-order WITH an extra 2 weeks of wait time before I can get it on my wrist, ugh you can say I'm PUMPED.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure If this has been address. If we are pre ordering from the Apple Store app will there be an option to pick up in store? I know when I preorder my 6 plus I didn't see any option

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. Hope that's not the case. At least didn't read about it anywhere except of course the sapphire and ceramic are more robust.
I should clarify that I don't know for a fact that the sensors operate differently, just that they appear to be different (the Sport model sensors don't have that [liquid?] metal circle around them) and the sensor pack material *is* different, so logically, there should be *some* difference in function. Zirconia ceramic is usually chosen specifically for it's radio-transparent qualities, but Apple may have used it here just because of it's durability or whatever.

The only review I've read that mentions anything about this, said that the Sport models with the rubber bands fit more snugly on the arm, and therefore the reviewer thought that the heartbeat readings were actually *more* accurate than the steel watch. Who knows though? I'm sure the difference would be minimal at best, but they are different.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I should clarify that I don't know for a fact that the sensors operate differently, just that they appear to be different (the Sport model sensors don't have that [liquid?] metal circle around them) and the sensor pack material *is* different, so logically, there should be *some* difference in function. Zirconia ceramic is usually chosen specifically for it's radio-transparent qualities, but Apple may have used it here just because of it's durability or whatever.

The only review I've read that mentions anything about this, said that the Sport models with the rubber bands fit more snugly on the arm, and therefore the reviewer thought that the heartbeat readings were actually *more* accurate than the steel watch. Who knows though? I'm sure the difference would be minimal at best, but they are different.

Thanks for that info. I agree there is bound to be some difference. Even if it maybe minute. Well will come to know soon if something stands out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm checking in! Here until after the pre-order. I'm scared for this one. Apple site usually bugs out with iPhone pre orders and that's with multiple other retailers taking orders on their sites too. Ordering ONLY on the Apple site is going to be a nightmare. Good thing I'll have you fine people to keep me safe.

I'm still trying to decide between the Sport and SS Watch. Budget for the Sport is ready to go but in all honestly, I don't know how happy I'll be with aluminum and non sapphire screen helping to keep the thing in good shape.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Not sure If this has been address. If we are pre ordering from the Apple Store app will there be an option to pick up in store? I know when I preorder my 6 plus I didn't see any option

I've read that you will be able to pick up in store, but that this will be limited to 1 per person as a part of the new reserve & pick up service.

Also, for those here who are pre ordering, are you going to have it shipped directly to you or to the store?

I'm still debating. If it goes to the store, I know they'll help you set it up, but I feel like I've also read enough about it that I can do that on my own.

CylonJason

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any companies servers could stand up to possibly millions of orders at the same time, so I'm expecting to be disappointed, but will try anyway.

klipper421

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
You realise that people like you doing stuff like this are the main reason we have to pay so much for AppleCare in the first place, right?

Yep, I'm not the 1st one to think of having an "accident" before the AppleCare+ runs out and I won't be the last.

P.S. After buying an iPhone 3S & 4S and cracking the screens I decided to get AppleCare+ for my 5S so far no accidents. From my experience, if I buy an Apple product without AppleCare+ I have an accident. If I buy ApleCare+ no accidents. So if I buy AppleCare+ for my watch, I won't damage the watch. :biggrin:

Liz Vinals

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I think it depends mostly on how you are with your tech toys. Usually I can keep my gadgets safe, only to replace them once they've become obsolete. So, for me it wouldn't really be something I'd want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73