Great this storm knocked out my internet. I hope my LTE connection holds out.
    04-10-2015 02:13 AM
    If ordered on the EPP site as an employee you can get 50% of either the Apple Sport or the Apple Watch. The site is supposed to be live at the same time per HR

I'll have my Mac prepped just in case. Was going to order through the app, but will check both
    if you knew what EPP you wouldn't make smart comments. I work for a company that Apple gives discounts on, i have done it in the past with other products!

If you were an employee you would know. 50% discount. Only available on the 24th if even available.
    47 minutes to go!

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    I am excited about this watch but my only concern right now is the server holding up to the mass ordering flood that will be at 3:01a. I hope it goes smooth and we all get what we want. I did have a question though once you place your order will the watch be shipped to your home address or is it shipped to the Apple Store near you and we have to go there to pick it up?
    Hopefully, Apple has implemented its new FoundationDB to support the Apple Online Store -- and can handle the load with ease.

The nearest stick and stucco Appe Store is 35 miles away -- I order from the Apple Online store all the time & they ship direct to your home (with an option for in-store pickup).

On another forum, someone suggested that they will configure each pre-order watch/band combo in China and ship directly from there ...
    04-10-2015 02:14 AM
    I was thinking the same thing, so I charged my iPhone all the way.
    How many can you order per apple ID? Need to order four for my entire family!!!!!
    I think 1. We won't know for sure until 3.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    no thunder here yet (Bowling Green, KY) but I can see the storms getting ever closer on RadarScope I have my iPhone set to cellular only in case the power goes out...decided to leave the iPad on cellular. Planning on using the Apple Store app to place my order, have several 'favorited' for quick order.
    i think the next generation will have a camera though- but 2 years out- i even think 6 months out- its a new line of devices not the dying out iPod lineup
    Who thinks the next gen is 2 years off?
    No way. I just don't think people would be willing to wait that long. Possibly longer between generation 2 & 3, but with this being a 1.0, and the news that Apple was not able to do everything they wanted with this version, I just think it will be sooner rather than later.
    As many as you want lol
    Incorrect. 2 at most.
    04-10-2015 02:15 AM
    Incorrect. 2 at most.
    Based on what??
    04-10-2015 02:15 AM
    If you were an employee you would know. 50% discount. Only available on the 24th if even available.

Edit: Sorry, did not everyone get the memo?
    EPP covers different affiliated companies & the initial reports suggested that 50% was for specific Apple employees.
    04-10-2015 02:16 AM
    I have a feeling Apple might have let that cat out of the bag so more people might splurge on the Stainless. $400 vs $700 is a lot easier to justify every year...
    Who thinks the next gen is 2 years off?
    Probably
    Apple Employees can get 50% off a watch for personal use. But the EPP stores are stores for companies who have employee purchase programs (similar to the education store); I'd be surprised if they offer any discount this soon on the watch.
    I personally do
    I think it has a better chance at being two years rather than one year because Apple might not feel like they can successfully take more money out of a lot of people to make the product a success, as many have a hard time justifying the cost of an iPhone. Some can barely pay for a watch, and is not as much of a necessity as the phone.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    Do they really need to do the "we'll be back" on the store? Or is that marketing? I don't know of any other site that does that.
    04-10-2015 02:17 AM
    i do hope it will be possible to try on watches at apple stores in London, and it isn't restricted to just the US for now
    I think it has a better chance at being two years rather than one year because Apple might not feel like they can successfully take more money out of a lot of people to make the product a success, as many have a hard time justifying the cost of an iPhone. Some can barely pay for a watch, and is not as much of a necessity as the phone.
    I agree
    Assuming there will be future Apple Watch iterations, do you think Apple will continue to use the proprietary Watch Band changing mechanism?

Conversely would it be worthwhile for consumers to invest in multiple Apple Watch bands now with the possibility of Apple abandoning the currently used proprietary Watch Band changing mechanism in future Apple Watch iterations?

My response to the first question is simple, I dont think stainless steel, leather, sapphire, cubic zircon, glass, aluminum and gold are materials that are bound by the constraints of losing interest over the ongoing years. In other words, anything that the Apple Watch is made out of (especially the precious metals) cannot be outdated over the years save for the electrical components that actually power the Apple Watches; so in my mind, assuming that Apple chooses to keep this proprietary Watch Band changing mechanism for future Apple Watch iterations, the ONLY thing consumers will need to upgrade will be the Apple Watches themselves! I like to think that Apple knows this.

As far as the last question is concerned, I personally dont think Apple will alienate Its users with different Watch Band incompatibilities within different Apple Watch generations. Just like how traditional Watches are able to swap out Bands with different Watches (provided the size is the same), I expect this same trend to continue with Apple Watches regardless of the Apple Watch generation.

It's really hard to tell these days lol!
    Wooo! Can't wait! I will be consuming a LOT of coffee today!

I could sure use some of that coffee about now.
    its feedback, its customer care- i personal think its really nice they put it up
    Do they really need to do the "we'll be back" on the store? Or is that marketing? I don't know of any other site that does that.
    04-10-2015 02:18 AM
    Tim Cook's email that was sent earlier, look it up
    Based on what??
    Based on what??
    Everything I've read says 2 orders per person.
1,578 ... 3334353637 ...