Good morning from the UK
    Tolulope Obe likes this.
    04-10-2015 01:21 AM
    I read Apple will release an update to up performance, anyone knows how do you upgrade the watch softwear? Using the phone?
    04-10-2015 01:23 AM
    Watched the latest Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode last night....really impressed how this season improved from last season
    No spoilers, please! As of now, extreme busyness has kept me from getting past Love In The Time of HYDRA.
    Space gray Watch sport. Seems to be the popular choice.
    I'm thinking of going with the Space Black casing/Black sports band combo at launch. What do you guys think about adding a Milanese Loop to the Space Black casing later on? Look ok?
    OK everybody lets reiterate our choices but use the following format:

case size = reason why

case type = reason why

band choice = reason why

I'll start it off

38mm = using the official size chart shows the 42mm will look rather unwieldy on my 190mm wrist

sport silver = the anodized black coat is likely to scratch and show the silver underneath anyhow plus it doesn't look as good with other bands

white band = the black is exclusive to the space gray apple watch for now and the other colors are silly lol
    04-10-2015 01:24 AM
    I read Apple will release an update to up performance, anyone knows how do you upgrade the watch softwear? Using the phone?
    Probably....that's how Pebble gets it's updates, through the iPhone app.
    That'd mean something to me if a) I watched The Flash or Arrow (Sorry, DC. Marvel all the way!) and b) I actually watched TV shows live.
    My point is still valid. You can still watch Agents of Shield a few hours before we do. You east coasters definitely have your advantages. My advantage is that Apple is less that four hours north of me .
    AMCTheaters likes this.
    So Australia can do the watch 15min testing on Apple store but can't buy the watch yet?
    No spoilers, please! As of now, extreme busyness has kept me from getting past Love In The Time of HYDRA.
    This is a spoiler free zone.
    AMCTheaters likes this.
    04-10-2015 01:25 AM
    I'm thinking of going with the Space Black casing/Black sports band combo at launch. What do you guys think about adding a Milanese Loop to the Space Black casing later on? Look ok?
    Not sure if the black will clash with the silver of the milanese loop band or not. I actually wondered that, myself.
    I believe they will combine shipments

They have with other stuff I have ordered before.
    How long do you think the ordering process will be? I'd like to get at least SOME sleep tonight!
    My point is still valid. You can still watch Agents of Shield a few hours before we do. You east coasters definitely have your advantages. My advantage is that Apple is less that four hours north of me .
    True. I guess I'll have the TV show advantage once I manage to have the free time to watch them as they air.
    04-10-2015 01:26 AM
    Waiting patiently - watching F1 practice in China . Hour and half to go ... Space Grey or Blue sport 42mm
    04-10-2015 01:26 AM
    So Australia can do the watch 15min testing on Apple store but can't buy the watch yet?
    Yup. Benefits of being on the opposite side of the world. They didn't even have to set an appointment as the appointment reservation system doesn't go live for another hour and 35 minutes.
    04-10-2015 01:27 AM

case size = reason why

case type = reason why

band choice = reason why

I'll start it off

38mm = using the official size chart shows the 42mm will look rather unwieldy on my 190mm wrist

sport silver = the anodized black coat is likely to scratch and show the silver underneath anyhow plus it doesn't look as good with other bands

white band = the black is exclusive to the space gray apple watch for now and the other colors are silly lol
    for me 42 mm because i've been wearing the Pebble watch so I'm used to the large size

same sport silver (stainless is too expensive for something that should improve yearly) and gray I'm afraid will show scratches or wear away like my previous anodized black watch

white band because I think it will be flashy, blue would be my second non black choice but I think that will look childish - will probably get a black band eventually especially if the white shows wear/dirt
    I think the Apple Watch App will download the update, stage it, push it to the Apple Watch.
    Shadowxpr likes this.
    So I have watched a bunch of online reviews and hands on. Still sticking with black sport with black band. Keeping it simple.

Also while I was chilling I decided to keep myself busy and upgrade my Verizon DVR system. Only thing is it will be here before my watch lol.

The night is still young!!!
    Here is the first round of winners!

iMore coffee mug
    carlsimmons81
    jenkman91
    wittstock
    Tolulope Obe
    jalexand007

iMore t-shirt
    shawn_k
    Jean Sagarese
    Scoov

$25 iTunes gift card
    Rainwater50
    isaac watkins3

Congratulations! I'll be emailing everyone to get shipping info etc tomorrow.

Everyone else, stay tuned for more giveaways, including that $400 Apple gift card!
    04-10-2015 01:28 AM
    I'm here! Going with the 42mm steel in space black! Excited can't wait 😁👍👌
    JStaggie likes this.
    case size = 42mm I like bigger watches

case type = Sport. Honestly, I'm being "cheap". I'll probably upgrade in a year or two to a stainless steel model

band choice = Sport band. Again, being "cheap". I'll wait and see what 3rd parties offer. Color pref in order white, blue, green.
    How many of you are coming from a Pebble, Android Wear, Microsoft Band, or other "smart watch". I'm excluding fitness trackers such as the Fitbit and Nike Fuel Band from this poll.

I currently have the Pebble (red).
    this actually worked as a size reference- now i know the 38m will be too small for my wrist- though its the size of my casio which i love- 2 year buddy, for a screen i will be touching and tweeting on, its too small- 42mm sport watch green band is my pick now Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!-fullsizerender.jpg
    04-10-2015 01:29 AM
    do post a link to the website when you find it- it sure is genius
    There's a post on iMore with a list of 3rd party bands etc that has the link to it.
    Tolulope Obe likes this.
    04-10-2015 01:29 AM
1,578 ... 2425262728 ...