I know a couple people doing it. I was considering selling my Macbook Pro and getting the new Macbook. The performance numbers though are off-putting to me though. Can't justify it with the first iteration with work.

Was so incredibly close though...
    04-10-2015 12:25 AM
    am i the only person not ordering a watch but hoping to order the new macbook?
    Not ordering either. Just watching the show.
    04-10-2015 12:26 AM
    Seems like the space grey sport is the hot item tonight.
    04-10-2015 12:27 AM
    Not ordering either. Just watching the show.
    Must be very entertaining
    04-10-2015 12:27 AM
    Fingers crossed... Hope Apple servers will hold and be ok.... Because the iPhone 6 launch was such a mess...

Still trying to decide if I'll go with blue or green band....

I think Apple care + is a great deal for the sport.... Not too expensive... And will help u to sell the watch when generation 2 is coming....
    04-10-2015 12:28 AM
    i think so because it is glass! if it doesn't completely hinder force touch it will handicap it a lil- form iPhone screen protector experience - the touch response is lot better without a screen protector than with one- and the watch protector at this link will surely disturb -
    Amazon.com: Apple Watch Case, LUVVITT STEEL Case for Apple Watch 42mm | Includes TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector - Front Apple Watch Cover and Screen Protector for Apple Watch | Stainless Steel Case for Apple Watch 42mm - Stainless Steel: Cell Phone
    04-10-2015 12:28 AM
    I just watched an Australian Apple store try on video and the black band sport with the space gray looks amazing. The white stood out too but he compared it to a Sony watch that currently is available. I actually had seen that connection in a previous blog posting about a week ago.
    04-10-2015 12:29 AM
    I thought I was 100% sure about the silver with the white band, but now I'm thinking about the space grey!!
    Tolulope Obe likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:29 AM
    Too excited can't sleep
    04-10-2015 12:30 AM
    John Wick iTunes rental special-$.99
    Good movie while waiting.
    JStaggie and mtlscream like this.
    04-10-2015 12:31 AM
    i really do hope the freebie from this Pajama party pays for my apple watch and if I do win it, hoping also the goody bag containing the $400 gift card or sort comes in early enough for to pre-order the apple watch.
    04-10-2015 12:31 AM
    At least for the iPhone, AppleCare is the standard warranty - 12 months manufacturer warranty and 90 day phone support. AppleCare+ is the extended warranty that give you 2 years manufacturer warranty, 2 years phone support and 2 incidents (for an additional fee) for physical damage replacement.
    I will rephrase: Applecare+ is a little different that Applecare Protection Plan...

Since the original post was talking about buying "AppleCare" at a date later than the preorder, I took it as shorthand for "AppleCare Protection Plan" since there is no need to purchase the warranty and phone support that already come with he device purchase.

And technically AppleCare+ comes with one year of additional warranty, two years of accidental damage coverage (2 incidents at $79 for repair and possible device replacmemt) and one year, nine months of phone support.

But who cares about that. I still can't decide between silver Sport or silver stainless steal!
    04-10-2015 12:32 AM
    Does anyone know if Apple ever confirmed that you could order it online and pick it up in the local Apple Store
    You cannot.
    Fingers crossed... Hope Apple servers will hold and be ok.... Because the iPhone 6 launch was such a mess...
    I definitely agree. I don't think the servers will take the same beating they did back then.The demand shouldn't be nearly as high as the iPhone.
    iamtone and mtlscream like this.
    Going to be an interesting night.

I've done enough of these late night Apple pre-orders that I think I have many of these things down.

To compensate for the 1 Watch per Apple ID limit I'm having the wife stay up with me so she can order her own.

Considering there will be two unusual transactions being charged from two different accounts to the same bank account I picked up two Apple Store gift cards today. This should hopefully also help with Credit Card servers getting slammed.

Plan for tonight is order 38mm and 42mm White band SS, and schedule an appointment tomorrow for the band fittings. We'll need a sports band either way so this works out. We'll get our normal bands as a side accessory. I expect the sports bands to be in high quantity
    Apple Watch pre-orders open up this Friday at 12:01 AM Pacific Time. In anticipation of what might very well be staggering demand, Apple has reportedly limited pre-orders of the device to just one per customer as it pertains to in-store pickup. Presumably, users who order the device to their homes can order more than one at a time.
    I am the luckiest man alive! My totally awesome boss is paying for my Sport Watch in grey. I will bet the Black band, but eventually may get a Milanese Loop.
    Quackinup likes this.
    First time participating in the pajama party! Looks like everyone is having fun! 😜
    04-10-2015 12:33 AM
    I wish the app would refresh if you pulled it from the bottom. Have to scroll to the top the back down. 😜
    John Yester likes this.
    is it grey or black? i think its black- point is- with the sport edition and the regular watch- the black/ space grey is really sweet- but black sport ba- rather monochromatic
    I thought I was 100% sure about the silver with the white band, but now I'm thinking about the space grey!!
    Who is getting the Gold one?
    celebrities lol
    kikazz69 and tmadsen like this.
    I am the luckiest man alive! My totally awesome boss is paying for my Sport Watch in grey. I will bet the Black band, but eventually may get a Milanese Loop.
    Lucky. Can he get me one? 😜
    So jealous! That's awesome!
    04-10-2015 12:34 AM
    Im also excited about potential prizes! I'm going to be up till the pre order!! At least I have a couple of hours to make my final decision!
    My dainty wrists say "38 mm" but my late 40s eyes suggest "42 mm". ARRRRRGH!
    "Which model are you going to get?"

I've already got one.

("He says he's already got one!")

1,578 ... 1819202122 ...