I spent the past week selling all kinds of old gadgets on ebay to offset the cost of an Apple Watch (including a Garmin Vivosmart from Xmas).

I battled the same decision as many others about Sport vs. Collection and it boiled down to investing as little $ as possible to see how the watch will fit into my lifestyle. As someone who hasn't worn a watch in over 12 years, I'm a little hesitant to get back into something that takes up this much real estate on my wrist.

But after using the vivosmart band for the past few months, I have come to love the benefits of notifications on my wrist (emails/phone calls/messages) and this was one of the biggest incentives for me to buy the watch.

Notifications, combined with the remote control capabilities for Apple TV, music on my iPhone, and the rumored integration of HomeKit into new Apple TV hardware/software later this year has me pretty excited about the possibilities.

I'm shooting for the Space Gray 42mm Sport and if I'm still enamored with the watch after a couple months, that should be enough time for 3rd party bands to hit the market which will provide some great options for more formal looking bands beyond what came with the Sport model.

Cheers - and good luck tonight, everyone!
    04-10-2015 12:11 AM
    I could totally use some free stuff
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:12 AM
    Anyone selling there Michael Kors watches on eBay?
    Does anyone know if you can purchase Apple Care after you pre-order?? i.e. take it to the store and add it on the 24th?
    No word on that yet. But if it's anything like APP+ for iPhone, you should be able to do that.
    I'll bet the servers hold up. Most folks I know are sleeping in, then in the a.m. making a reservation at a Store to try on a couple later next week, still plenty of time before the 24th.
    My Dog has been on his death bed for three days and today he turned around and now I am getting an apple watch! What a difference a day makes
    04-10-2015 12:13 AM
    Does anyone know if you can purchase Apple Care after you pre-order?? i.e. take it to the store and add it on the 24th?
    Typically, you can purchase AppleCare+ any time in the original warranty period (1 year). It may be subject to inspections and/or remote testing. At least that's how it works for the iPhone.
    a tempered glass screen protector is an unrequited accessory for the watch- it will hinder the force touch feature of the watch.
    Been trying to sell a garmin fenix for a month now ...
    My two year old is refusing to sleep tonight. He must feel my excitement and want to stay up and order with me. That or he just sees an excuse to not go to bed.
    04-10-2015 12:14 AM
    Space grey stainless steel for me

i forgot to pre input my payment method on  store before it went down hope i have no issues
    04-10-2015 12:14 AM
    Awesome the Apple Store app is down. Getting excited
    04-10-2015 12:15 AM
    Can I ask: what happened to Zen and Tech? Loved that show.
    When the prizes are giving out how do we know who wins? Do we have to stay up and watch every post?

Good question! And the answer is nope. I'll announce names here, but I'll also email the winners.
    iamtone and MrKheiser like this.
    I thought you could take calls on it
    I Thought you could only through speaker though
    Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1428639327.010453.jpg
    Nope. No ability to take/make phone calls on the watch.
    That is not true. The calls are routed through the iPhone, but the watch has a speaker and microphone. "Use the built-in speaker and microphone for quick chats, or seamlessly transfer calls to your iPhone for longer conversations. To mute an incoming call, just cover Apple Watch with your hand."
    a tempered glass screen protector is an unrequited accessory for the watch- it will hinder the force touch feature of the watch.
    Why do you think it would hinder it? If it is measuring actual pressure put onto the screen, that would translate through a protector. And if it is measuring an increasing touch point, that would work also through a screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 12:16 AM
    Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1428639342.567107.jpg

So this is a lie
    04-10-2015 12:16 AM

Good question! And the answer is nope. I'll announce names here, but I'll also email the winners.
    Great now I can get some sleep since I have to be up at 4 am for work
    04-10-2015 12:17 AM
    Space grey stainless steel for me

i forgot to pre input my payment method on  store before it went down hope i have no issues
    My CC got hacked a few months ago and I hadn't updated the Apple Store info. Luckily I remembered to do that before it went down...(WHEW!)
    Speaking of Apple Watch generations - the next gen Apple watch better have a front facing camera of some sort, it will be majorly required by snapchat users for posting snaps else a Watch version of the Snapchat app will be only for viewing snaps and that is rather depressing -
    There absolutely is the ability to take and make phone calls via the watch, as long as your iPhone is somewhere within range.
    So who had the first gen iPhone? My wife and I purchased two on eBay the weekend it came out and drove to downtown Chicago to get them! It was EPIC!!
    Well this is exciting!... Fighting... the... urge... to... preorder... ugh! Maybe I shouldn't fight it?
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    Typically, you can purchase AppleCare+ any time in the original warranty period (1 year). It may be subject to inspections and/or remote testing. At least that's how it works for the iPhone.
    Applecare+ is a little different that Applecare because it covers accidental damage. This is why it was only available at time of purchase originally (or with inspection by a Genius within 30(?) days). I believe that timeline has been extended to 60 days now.
    wittstock likes this.
    04-10-2015 12:18 AM
1,578 ... 1617181920 ...