Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5PM Pacific, 8PM EST

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Watch online pre-orders begin at midnight Pacific time. Now being I'm Canadian that means 3AM my time. I've got a 1 year old so now I have to set my alarm for 3AM and try not to wake my son as I roll out of bed to try and order one before the masses descend. So I was just thinking why does the pre-order have to be at that time? What if it started during the evening. When most people are already home from work or are in front of a computer and can easily make an order. So which would you prefer?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You know Canada does have other time zones right? I have friends who live in Vancouver. ;) lol

Anyways I agree 1000% it should be earlier, but I think Apple like's the drama, of having people wait till midnight (their time), and the long lines that form at stores on release day. You can't buy publicity like that!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's always going to be Apple time, but I wish they staggered it across the world and set up a certain amount of preorders for each time zone for a specified amount of time.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You know Canada does have other time zones right? I have friends who live in Vancouver. ;) lol

Anyways I agree 1000% it should be earlier, but I think Apple like's the drama, of having people wait till midnight (their time), and the long lines that form at stores on release day. You can't buy publicity like that!
Yeah I know but for the poll I didn't want to do all the other time zones. I'm just lazy that way lol.

I'd prefer it to be sometime while I'm naturally awake, but since apple likes to launch at the same time worldwide, someone is always going to get screwed. And doing the launch at say 7pm local in each time zone would cause inventory nightmares, I imagine.

I don't agree with this though. I understand what you're saying but starting at say 5PM Pacific I think would end up with most time zones being during the day. Sure there will be some timezones that are at night time but it will end up with a larger group of timezones during daytime than the current midnight PSTdoes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods