I've seen quite a few threads asking about and listing battery life as a reason not to get the watch. I think that this is because with smartphones and tablet devices that is what we have learned to prize most battery life. When I think about it though the Watch is an auxiliary device to the iPhone for now. It's functions are a sub set of what the iPhone can do. The only thing that the Watch can do that the iPhonoe can't is send your heartbeat to another watch and allow you to doodle and send little notes. If force press comes to the new iPhone I'm thinking the doodling might become possible but anyway that is not my point. What I'm thinking is that using the Watch to do some things that used to be done on the iPhone means that the battery on the iPhone should in theory last a lot longer. So when the Watch battery dies or is dying then switching to the iPhone means you can continue to do everything while the Watch charges. So really does the Watch battery life matter? Sure as time goes on and the Watch becomes more independent or at first when the novelty of using it hasn't worn off you'll want to use it all the time. I'm talking about in daily every day usage though. I think this is the idea that some are forming that will cause a certain set of people to return the watch. It's this idea that you'll be using the watch all the time. So if the battery life doesn't last long enough then what is the point of having it. Obviously you aren't going to be playing CandyCrush Saga or composing 3 paragraph emails on it. So I just think that battery life shouldn't be as big of a concern as many are making it out to be.
    04-09-2015 08:20 AM
    i think as long as its respectable then people wont mind. most people associate plugging a tech device in every 1 or 2 days but if the watch can go 3+ with its more active display then i dont see too many people complaining.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-09-2015 08:56 AM
    Missed notifications ( i know, i go on about that) would kind of suck given that's what I'm buying it for. So battery needs to last. I don't really plan on using the watch to complete tasks though other than communication, reminders, or to check the time. I'll most likely turn off the heart monitor sensor. If possible I'll turn off all of the health stuff. I work out, but I don't want to manage it or track it.

I don't want tweets or facebook, but maybe facebook messaging since it's just family. I don't really want work related things coming to the watch besides reminders and phone calls. Family and some friends for email or text.

I don't plan on using a lot of apps. The notifications that I do get don't need to be overwhelming which is what many of the apps would add like news headlines. Controlling my apple tv at home for example would just be wasting battery considering I got multiple other ways to control it...harmoney remote, phone, etc.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-09-2015 08:57 AM
    It matters to me always... lol
    Ipheuria likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:22 AM
    Missed notifications ( i know, i go on about that) would kind of suck given that's what I'm buying it for. So battery needs to last. I don't really plan on using the watch to complete tasks though other than communication, reminders, or to check the time. I'll most likely turn off the heart monitor sensor. If possible I'll turn off all of the health stuff. I work out, but I don't want to manage it or track it.

I don't want tweets or facebook, but maybe facebook messaging since it's just family. I don't really want work related things coming to the watch besides reminders and phone calls. Family and some friends for email or text.

I don't plan on using a lot of apps. The notifications that I do get don't need to be overwhelming which is what many of the apps would add like news headlines. Controlling my apple tv at home for example would just be wasting battery considering I got multiple other ways to control it...harmoney remote, phone, etc.
    valid point in this case it would def be a concern for you so I see where you're coming from.

It matters to me always... lol
    lol I don't think you're alone feeling that way and that is why there are many threads already

i think as long as its respectable then people wont mind. most people associate plugging a tech device in every 1 or 2 days but if the watch can go 3+ with its more active display then i dont see too many people complaining.
    Yeah I just feel like there will be people who turn every option on, take calls on it and talk for half an hour then complain that the battery only last so long. Then again regardless there will always be people that do that right.
    04-09-2015 09:26 AM