Does anyone wish that there was a camera?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a camera on my gear and gear 2 and used it occasionally. Though my gear fit and currently my LG G Watch do not have cameras. It is nice especially when you want to take pictures discreetly, though not a deal breaker. What about you? How much do you care about a camera on a smart watch?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
NO! lol that's just personal but I find the camera on watches stupid. I hated that in the commercial for the Samsung watch. A camera for FaceTime calls feels like the future but battery life means that's years away.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not really, just seems awkward and little too James Bond. I would also not be able to wear it at work. I'm surprised they allow phones due to the cameras. It's all secrety hush hush where I work.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not really miss it on my current watch, but it's always cool to have extra features. I feel it would make this one too bulky though (like it was with the Gear), but most of all, I'm concerned about the amount of creeps that would use a camera in their watches for a whole different purpose than impromptu pictures :S hahaha

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple will keep the camera for the next upgrade of the iwatch... ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised if it came in a later generation. I think, as watches become more mainstream, and if someday, the watch could work on it's own without an iPhone;

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a camera on my gear and gear 2 and used it occasionally. Though my gear fit and currently my LG G Watch do not have cameras. It is nice especially when you want to take pictures discreetly, though not a deal breaker. What about you? How much do you care about a camera on a smart watch?

Not really.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Not really. I'm getting sick of so much coming out these days with everybody carrying a phone with a camera and shooting video. My goodness you can't do anything without fear somebody just happens to have a camera.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Not really. I'm getting sick of so much coming out these days with everybody carrying a phone with a camera and shooting video. My goodness you can't do anything without fear somebody just happens to have a camera.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing...I think it keeps people more in check.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, the pin connector on the bottom band holder suggests there may be something like that. If Samsung had kept the camera on their galaxy gear's watch band, I would've bought one.