Is anyone not buying an Apple watch because it is made in China?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally to me it doesn't matter, but I have friends and relatives who insist on not buying anything made in China. What about you? Does the fact that it is made in China stop you from buying an Apple watch?

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
They specifically don't buy anything from China?

I bet if they looked around their house TONS of things would be made in China. It always surprises me how much is made there

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah. most things are made in china so its hard to fight the majority of things. i personally dont think that the idea of anything made in china will deter the vast majority of people.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
No. Unless you plan on avoiding almost all consumer electronics and appliances there is way to to avoid things made in China.

They try not to. Obviously some things can't be avoided. But like clothes...they will look at the tag and avoid stuff made in China.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Personally to me it doesn't matter, but I have friends and relatives who insist on not buying anything made in China. What about you? Does the fact that it is made in China stop you from buying an Apple watch?

I feel like there are far worse things to worry about than if something is made in China.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I thought we were living in 2015. What's with the 18th century mentality with people??

I think that the problem is that there are a number of low quality items made in China. Apple products aren't one of them, but some people have the mentality that made in China = Bad, regardless. Of course, I have had low quality products made in the USA too...