Will you be getting a screen protector for the Apple watch?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I will remove my watch and put it on the table, and my toddler takes it and plays with it and throws it when she is done. My current watch has ended face down on the floor multiple times. So I will definitely be getting a screen protector. I prefer tempered glass, if there is an option. What about you? Will you be getting a screen protector?

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I will remove my watch and put it on the table, and my toddler takes it and plays with it and throws it when she is done. My current watch has ended face down on the floor multiple times. So I will definitely be getting a screen protector. I prefer tempered glass, if there is an option. What about you? Will you be getting a screen protector?

Won't that mess with the Force touch thing?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Nah, not on the watch. I'll just get Apple Care for it and be on my way. I slam my Pebble Steel against things all the time and there are only a couple small scratches on the screen. So as long as Apple takes care for that, it won't need one. While I don't do construction, I do work on a construction site.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Won't that mess with the Force touch thing?

I don't believe it would. People put them on phone all the time and the touch is not impacted, and that crazy clicky screen blackberry storm worked fine with a screen protector. Also I had a screen protector on my OnePlus One which has many screen gestures, and on my BB10 devices and they all work fine. I'm sure that is/was considered during design.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think I would, and got the Sapphire face. After seeing the Speigen options, though, I think I'll get a clear and a lightweight black. Just in case, for outdoor activities. I'd hate to faceplant and smash it.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
It's useless to put a film on the sapphire screen. It's virtually indestructible. Only diamond or another sapphire could scratch it, and any force likely to shatter the screen is going to destroy the watch casing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2