Anyone planning on waiting on the second generation Apple watch before buying?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't decided. I did think about it though but I think I want it now. I waited for the 2nd iPad and was please, so maybe....

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Na, it'll be replaced more like the iPad (every three -four years) than the iPhone (every year). So I got one this year. Dropped the min entry ($400) to see if I like it. If I do, in a few years I'll shell out the $600-$1000.

orella

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I wil wait, it's always better to wait for next generations. First watch won't have many things, until 2nd or 3rd they won?t make a good watch. First gen is to watch what fails and what they have to do to make next gens better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wil wait, it's always better to wait for next generations.
Not always. VHS vs Beta vs Laser Discs comes to mind...;)
First watch won't have many things,
How many things do you expect it to have or be able to do?
until 2nd or 3rd they won?t make a good watch.
Seriously?
First gen is to watch what fails and what they have to do to make next gens better.
you're assuming that Apple doesn't have a roadmap already in place.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wil wait, it's always better to wait for next generations. First watch won't have many things, until 2nd or 3rd they won?t make a good watch. First gen is to watch what fails and what they have to do to make next gens better.

I contemplated it a for a minute but I think once I get in store and try it on I'll have to have one.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't gonna get the first gen, but I did anyway.
Went with the 42mm Space Gray Sport, will get stainless steel probably 3rd gen

akanne

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I live in a country which isn't in the first release wave so just like the original iPad which took ages to get here it probably makes sense for me to wait. With the way the exchange rates have gone lately traveling to a country where the watch is available also isn't as attractive as it might have been otherwise (if the watch had been available for walk-in purchase).

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I already ordered one, but I'll be getting a second version when they launch. If fact, I'll probably purchase one for my wife at that point, too.

The sad thing is, I buy a new iPhone every year, and now I'll have to purchase a watch in addition to the phone. So, Apple, let's do this watch thing every other year, okay?

It's a good thing my wife doesn't care about having the latest or greatest.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait. My original thought was go cheap, then upgrade in a later generation. But I so love the SS band...I wonder if it will be like my old faithful first gen iPad. Still going strong. Never replaced. Only problem will be when we get cut off from software updates. I also hope the $450 watch band will transfer to future generations.

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
After a while thinking I'm going to wait for a later updated watch. Only as I know the battery will be improved and I would like it to last a bit longer than a few hours. The price of them I'd rather not have to buy one every year it's updated. I already do that with my iPhone and let's face it, the watch is in no way as important as owning the latest iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would wait to see how useful a smartwatch would be in daily use and my normal activities. After trying out a different smartwatch this past week, I am now sold on the benefits. Used my smartphone less, was able to drive hands free, and take calls or manage notifications all on my wrist.

One thing that was holding me back from taking the Apple Watch plunge was limited connectivity. I thought that the Apple Watch only had Bluetooth to stay in sync with the iPhone. Now that I see that the Apple Watch also has WiFi, the connectivity options are greatly extended, and now I see the device being much more capable, useful and flexible.

Having used iPhones for many years, and knowing how well Apple simplifies (yet adds value) to the overall interaction and usability - I'm fairly confident that the Apple Watch will not be an exception - and be an enjoyable and useful compliment and extension to the iPhone and overall Apple ecosystem.

So, just ordered the basic model (Sport) this morning. Looking forward to June :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2