Do you have any concerns that products like the Apple Watch, which will make it easier to pay for things, may be a sign of the end days?

Hear me out. The Cashless society is slowly becoming a reality. And in Revelation (if you are into that) it says that no one can buy or sell unless they have the "mark".

I like convienince, but are we turning a blind eye to what may be the start of something, foretold long ago, that will ultimately be our demise?

Yes you can turn off your smartphone, put away your smart watch now, but how far will we go? Will we embed chips into our hands? Have barcodes on our bodies.

Seems creepy. Thoughts?
    04-08-2015 01:03 PM
    Not yet.
    04-08-2015 01:05 PM
    Given that I'm an atheist, not at all worried about the end of days and Revelations.
    However, I would agree that current and future technical innovations can definitely have moral implications that humanity will have to wrestle with.
    04-08-2015 01:13 PM
    I think it isn't a bad thing as you say. There will still be ways to pay with cash, and most places don't accept apple pay yet anyway. I wouldn't think too deep into it... yet lol
    04-08-2015 01:39 PM
    I straight give up.
    Apple Watch represents the end of days.?
    I'm tapping out yo.
    Premium1, anon6040766 and circlez like this.
    04-08-2015 01:44 PM
    I straight give up.
    Apple Watch represents the end of days.?
    I'm tapping out yo.
    The apple watches are coming for you. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives hahah
    04-08-2015 01:57 PM
    The apple watches are coming for you. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives hahah
    Aww man all I could picture was Walking Dead zombies with the Apple Watch on.
    04-08-2015 01:59 PM
    This isn't the start, though. People were saying that credit cards (especially once the holograms were added) were the mark of the beast because it was a form of payment that most people held in their right hand. Some people even insisted that all of the holograms had the numbers 666 either above it or embedded in it.

Then, it was micro-chipping our pets that led people to say that humans would be next. While I have heard of some situations of humans having micro-chips inserted, the widespread use hasn't happened yet.

While these things may desensitize people to the past resistance to micro-chips and barcodes, they don't creep me out.
    04-08-2015 02:14 PM
    Do you have any concerns that products like the Apple Watch, which will make it easier to pay for things, may be a sign of the end days?

Hear me out. The Cashless society is slowly becoming a reality. And in Revelation (if you are into that) it says that no one can buy or sell unless they have the "mark".

I like convienince, but are we turning a blind eye to what may be the start of something, foretold long ago, that will ultimately be our demise?

Yes you can turn off your smartphone, put away your smart watch now, but how far will we go? Will we embed chips into our hands? Have barcodes on our bodies.

Seems creepy. Thoughts?
    The same things were said about the use of debit cards instead of cash. The cards have chips for the most part. Nothing to see here, folks... please move along.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-08-2015 02:58 PM