So I mentioned in my other topic that I ordered a Pebble Time Steel. Did anyone else make this move? I ordered from Kickstarter late in the game but apparently their funding spiked during the Apple event. I think they needed around $500,000 to fund the project and ended up with over $20 million.

I wanted a stainless steel band to wear to work/out (I just didn't like the rubber band of the sport) and I couldn't justify the $1,000+ price tag. I think the Pebble Time will offer a lot of the same functionality while being much more affordable (not to mention 7-day battery life which is nice).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    04-08-2015 11:49 AM
    This is easy for me I've never liked the Pebble since day one. It's just personal but Watch for me
    04-08-2015 11:51 AM
    This is easy for me I've never liked the Pebble since day one. It's just personal but Watch for me
    Funny - I almost bought a Pebble years ago. A buddy of mine got one and I loved it. He got the original. I wanted a steel band (it always comes back to that) and when they launched their Steel line I almost took the plunge. Figured I should wait on Apple to see what they come up with. It worked out though. They announced the Pebble Time around the Apple Watch anyway.

04-08-2015 12:00 PM
    Funny - I almost bought a Pebble years ago. A buddy of mine got one and I loved it. He got the original. I wanted a steel band (it always comes back to that) and when they launched their Steel line I almost took the plunge. Figured I should wait on Apple to see what they come up with. It worked out though. They announced the Pebble Time around the Apple Watch anyway.

Yeah for me I've always just known. I don't only look at the technology and software behind it I have to like the design too. It's like back in the day when my friends owned Blackberrys and Nokias I had the Motorolla Ming. It had a stylus was touchscren and the minute I saw it I wanted that phone. They weren't available through regular stores in Canada so I had to drive a pretty good distance to get one. Then about almost a year after I got it the first iPhone was announced and I knew I didn't want any other phone. Again it was never available in Canada so I had to get my friend to hop across the border and pick me one up for full price. I'm an early adopter and love technology but when the Pebble came out it just never wowed me and I feel the same way today.
    04-08-2015 12:11 PM
    I actually ordered the Pebble Time, but since then I've been seriously considering getting the  watch. The Pebble's battery life is such an major selling point as I can totally see myself taking it with me for vacations and I love the concept of the smart straps and of course it is much more affordable . At the same time I feel that the  watch does a bit more and will integrate better with my iPhone. In addition, I've always been late when it comes to next generation technology so a first generation  watch might last me about 4 years before I think about purchasing another one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-08-2015 09:45 PM
    I actually ordered the Pebble Time, but since then I've been seriously considering getting the  watch. The Pebble's battery life is such an major selling point as I can totally see myself taking it with me for vacations and I love the concept of the smart straps and of course it is much more affordable . At the same time I feel that the  watch does a bit more and will integrate better with my iPhone. In addition, I've always been late when it comes to next generation technology so a first generation  watch might last me about 4 years before I think about purchasing another one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can totally understand where you're coming from. With pre-orders for the Apple Watch starting today, they keep looking better and better. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be sold on "wearables" so the Pebble Time should be a good trial run. If all goes well, I can always look at the next generation Apple Watch (whether that's next year or later on down the road).
    wildphoenix24 likes this.
    04-10-2015 10:52 PM
    I have a Pebble Steel but I think the Apple Watch will be a better fit. Especially considering my iPhone 6+ likes to keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my Pebble.
    04-11-2015 01:56 PM
    I backed the original Pebble and have been using it for the past year. It's done well by me, but I find the screen to be a big hindrance (though it does extend the battery life). I backed the Pebble Time too, mostly because I like having the extra competition in the space. The Apple Watch is a better fit for me since I live inside the Apple eco-system and the Pebble line will never be able to meet my needs in terms of notifications and integration with iOS.

I pre-ordered the Apple Watch. My girlfriend (who uses an Android phone) will get the Pebble Time.
    04-11-2015 05:01 PM
    I backed the original Pebble and have been using it for the past year. It's done well by me, but I find the screen to be a big hindrance (though it does extend the battery life). I backed the Pebble Time too, mostly because I like having the extra competition in the space. The Apple Watch is a better fit for me since I live inside the Apple eco-system and the Pebble line will never be able to meet my needs in terms of notifications and integration with iOS.

I pre-ordered the Apple Watch. My girlfriend (who uses an Android phone) will get the Pebble Time.
    Nice!! I think if/when 3rd party watch bands start coming out I would be more likely to switch to an Apple Watch. We'll see!

04-11-2015 06:54 PM
    Any other users pick up a Pebble Time instead of an Apple Watch?
    04-12-2015 02:32 PM
    No way!! Everything from the OS to the hardware on that watch is pure ugly! I'd buy a My Little Pony watch before I ever buy a Pebble.
    swarlos and blasted11 like this.
    04-12-2015 03:04 PM
    I second that.
    04-12-2015 04:11 PM
    That is too funny. . . . Thank you for the laugh.
    04-12-2015 04:11 PM
    No way!! Everything from the OS to the hardware on that watch is pure ugly! I'd buy a My Little Pony watch before I ever buy a Pebble.
    Plus there is way to much bezel on the Watch you can hardly tell there is any bezel.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Beyond Fire likes this.
    04-12-2015 04:13 PM
    Just before the Apple Watch came out, I bought the original Pebble for $79. I liked it so much that I decided to wait on the 2nd generation Apple Watch. Then I started getting problems with notifications that would stop coming to the Pebble from my 6 Plus. Re-pairing seemed to work until one day, I couldn't get it to do the LE pairing at all regardless of how much I wiped out the connections, reloaded the Pebble App, and rebooted the Pebble. So I took it back within my 30 day return window for a refund and have ordered an Apple Watch.

I saw the CNET review that said that sometimes notifications stop working on the Apple Watch too. I figure we are better off in the same eco system of Apple for possibility of notifications working better.

I haven't worn a watch in years but thanks to the Pebble, I realized how much I needed a smartwatch.

Anyone else having notification issues with their Apple Watch?
    04-12-2015 04:26 PM
    There is no way that I'd get a Pebble with the Apple Watch already being ordered. It seems like the ripoff version of what Apple would do in every way. Like some cheap knockoff. Ordered a stainless steel Apple Watch.
    04-12-2015 05:16 PM
    #iGnorance
    04-12-2015 05:18 PM
    #iGnorance
    Shoo fly don't bother me.
    04-12-2015 06:02 PM
    I have a Pebble Watch and preordered an apple watch. After playing with the apple watch in the store a little bit I can't wait to retire the Pebble. It was great for awhile, but seems pretty obsolete at this point.
    04-12-2015 06:20 PM
    Same
    04-12-2015 06:27 PM
    I've had my Pebble watch for nearly a year and a half. They're customer support is top notch but I'm disappointed to say I've needed it. Suddenly weak battery meant the watch was replaced and I've had 3 replacements with screen tearing (basically the screen looks messed up). Besides that I've loved the watch and if I ever leave the house with out it I instantly regret it. I've loved having notifications always present on my wrist and have had my phone on silent, no vibration for over a year. I've preordered an Apple Watch for the ability to take calls directly on my watch and the ecosystem integration. Plus I think the apps have endless possibility for use cases not even thought of yet on the Pebble.

That being said since the watch is only $79 new I'm clearly going to hold on to it and I've considered keeping it for 2 use cases and continuing to use it while I use my new Apple Watch. Use case 1 is sleep tracking. I find the ability to record how long I sleep and how much of it is deep sleep very beneficial when I look at my energy level, ability to work out and overall health. I would consider wearing it at night for that and for the morning alarm feature. I'm able to wake up with a silent vibrating alarm that allows my partner to remain in bed without being woken by an audio alarm.

Some people say it's uncomfortable to sleep with a watch on but I adjusted the first night.

The second use case will be when I go to the pool or vacations to the beach. Having a water proof and sand proof watch means I can leave my phone in a bag away from the elements and still not miss calls or notifications. Can't do that with the Apple Watch. I also wish I could wear the Apple Watch while showering. It's nice to see important messages and even hop out of the shower if you have an important call to answer.
    04-12-2015 07:34 PM
    I like the look of the new Pebble Time watches - however the interface does seem a little cartoony. I'm not sure how I'll feel about that. The only good thing will be this is my first wearable, so I'd rather step into something that was $250 instead of $400 if I'm not sure how I'm going to like it. I was honestly shocked that the Pebble Kickstarter made such a ridiculous amount of money (with huge spikes during the Apple Watch event).
    carrickfergus likes this.
    04-13-2015 10:32 PM
    I have the original Pebble. It is nice, but it has limited functionality. And I don't think I ever got 7-10 days battery life like they advertise it. I think the most I ever got was 5 days. Still nice... I loved it while I had it... But I think watch is way better in looks and functionality.
    04-13-2015 10:53 PM