Would you wear two?

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, not two Apple Watches (or if you've got the cash, well then by all means, flaunt the things!). Some of us live with two OS platforms in our lives. Currently, I have my Android Wear smartwatch, but am really curious to pit an Apple Watch against it.

But how can you pit the two of them if you have to switch watches. So, call me crazy, but if I get an Apple Watch, would it be bonkers if I wear it at the same time as my Android Wear one?

If you're as nuts as I am, where would you wear it? Side by side? One on each wrist? Or even a 'wrist sandwich', with one watch on top of the wrist and the other facing downwards?

Might be weird, but a week should be enough to make a good guess as to what each watch does better and lasts longer and what can one do that the other one can't and viceversa, right?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't. I enjoy having one watch on but 2 would just be crazy. I know one would break from the cluttered arm. Lol

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's why if I do get another one and do go on with this crazy idea I'd probably wear one on each wrist... I mean these aren't exactly the smallest devices in the world, right?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That's intense man lol. I wouldn't wear 2 non smart watches for the same reason I wouldn't wear 2 smart watches.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but sometimes you can't help but using two phones (or more!). Personal and Work phones are fairly common. Plus, I wouldn't wear two watches all the time... just for enough time to compare the two. Unless I really like having two watches at once, then I'd wear them. Maybe one as a watch and the other as a pocket watch. I saw the guys at AC did something really nice for the Moto360 and 3D-printed a 'case' to turn it into a pocket one. Might work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So you don't wear a watch at all? I feel weird now if I don't have 'something' on my wrist haha But I guess that's just me.

I can't stand anything on my arm or wrist. I don't even like wearing my wedding band. But if I don't....the doghouse!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to own two -- the Apple Watch and the Pebble Time.

Former for my personal iPhone, latter for my work Blackberry.

Won't wear both at once though. That'd be too much.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess I'll be the weirdo then if I get one haha. But I really want to see what each can do at the same time. Let's see.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but sometimes you can't help but using two phones (or more!). Personal and Work phones are fairly common. Plus, I wouldn't wear two watches all the time... just for enough time to compare the two. Unless I really like having two watches at once, then I'd wear them. Maybe one as a watch and the other as a pocket watch. I saw the guys at AC did something really nice for the Moto360 and 3D-printed a 'case' to turn it into a pocket one. Might work.

that's true. Unfortunately, I don't have a work phone, so it really isn't an issue for me, but I can see how it could for those in that situation.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to own two -- the Apple Watch and the Pebble Time.

Former for my personal iPhone, latter for my work Blackberry.

Won't wear both at once though. That'd be too much.

I already have 4 smart watches. But I don't really see myself wearing more than one at once.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow! 4??!! Hahaha Well, I guess if people have multiple 'normal' watches to accessorize their attire, why not multiple smartwatches? They really need to make switching watches and devices more easy, then.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I already have 4 smart watches. But I don't really see myself wearing more than one at once.

It's good to see that I won't be the only multiple watch owner.

Right now, I just have an original Pebble. But we're entering a new age of technology, and it's nice to jump platforms.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was over the top to have more than one phone, but now that I HAVE to, it doesn't seem so weird... Watches though, that miiiiight be going a bit too far.

But again, I don't plan on wearing two all the time, just until I make up my mind on which one better fits my needs and which one does what.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that is a little overboard. One watch is enough. Same as one phone at a time is enough

One phone at a time?! 21stNow goes to a corner and cries. :crying:

I don't want to wear two watches, though. But, I'm not saying that I would never do it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can't stand anything on my arm or wrist. I don't even like wearing my wedding band. But if I don't....the doghouse!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Damn that really makes me think. I don't like wearing anything on my wrists and I'm going to hate having a wedding band on my finger when I'm married.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR