Hi all

My biggest concern about the Apple Watch is the screen's ability to resist scratches. Well saying that, I know the alloy and stainless steel chassis will prone to scratches. I managed to get my hands on a 38mm Apple watch screen and carried out a simple test on the screen. If your interested, the video can be found below. Your comments appreciated as I may be in the market for the watch when it arrives here in the UK.

http://iphonefixed.co.uk/apple-watch...honefixed.html

Cheers
    04-08-2015 11:27 AM
    I believe the screen is sapphire if I'm not mistaken which is resistant to scratches. More resistant that current iPhones which I've yet to scratch.
    04-08-2015 11:51 AM
    Personally I would get a tempered glass screen protector and not worry about it. But admittedly I am a bit clumsy.
    04-08-2015 12:18 PM
    The sapphire crystal of the steel and edition watches should be almost impossible to scratch. I think the only thing harder than sapphire is a diamond. The Sports watch should be about as scratch resistant as the iPhone.
    04-08-2015 12:39 PM
    Remember these?
    Attached Thumbnails How well does the Apple Watch screen resist scratches?-1428513052482.jpg  
    04-08-2015 01:10 PM
    The sapphire crystal of the steel and edition watches should be almost impossible to scratch. I think the only thing harder than sapphire is a diamond. The Sports watch should be about as scratch resistant as the iPhone.
    The Sport doesn't have sapphire?
    04-08-2015 07:03 PM
    The Sport doesn't have sapphire?
    Nope.
    04-08-2015 07:03 PM
    Nope.
    I guess that makes the price difference between it and the Steel more palatable.
    04-08-2015 07:25 PM
    Hi all

My biggest concern about the Apple Watch is the screen's ability to resist scratches. Well saying that, I know the alloy and stainless steel chassis will prone to scratches. I managed to get my hands on a 38mm Apple watch screen and carried out a simple test on the screen. If your interested, the video can be found below. Your comments appreciated as I may be in the market for the watch when it arrives here in the UK.

[video]http://iphonefixed.co.uk/apple-watch-screen-scratch-test-by-iphonefixed.html[/url]

Cheers
    I wear a watch of some sort everyday and I rarely get any scratches on any of them so I highly doubt I'd scratch up an  Watch.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:34 PM
    Nope.
    The Sport model has a Gorilla glass crystal (like the iPhone) and a composite (plastic) back around the sensor array. The stainless steel and gold models have sapphire crystals (which won't scratch, but may shatter if struck hard against a pointy metal object) and ceramic backs.
    kikazz69 likes this.
    04-09-2015 03:20 AM
    Definitely the largest purchase driver for my purchase is sapphire vs. the gorilla glass. Would've loved to seen the scratch test for the gorilla glass crystal.
    04-09-2015 08:16 AM
    i dont think that people that are going to be wearing these watches are generally going to be plumbers/lineman/mechanics etc... i feel that i barely hit my watch to even warrant a scratchless screen. i also think that there will be protectors for them so that may save some also. i think the majority of phone screen scratches are from pulling them in and out of your pocket with stuff like change and whatnot and also from putting the phone down or up to your ear with earrings on. i personally dont think many people will suffer from crazy scratched screens myself.
    04-09-2015 08:59 AM
    The Sport model has a Gorilla glass crystal (like the iPhone) and a composite (plastic) back around the sensor array. The stainless steel and gold models have sapphire crystals (which won't scratch, but may shatter if struck hard against a pointy metal object) and ceramic backs.
    I believe the Apple Watch Sport has Ion X - glass. I think it is less durable than gorilla glass but I'm not sure
    04-09-2015 10:30 AM
    which is why I want to get a tempered glass screen protector. so hopefully the screen protector would break, but the watch is ok.
    04-09-2015 11:49 AM
    I think the sapphire screen is going to resist scratches pretty well. The Ion X glass on the other hand may get the same micro scratches that we see on the iPhones.
    04-12-2015 06:21 PM
    This is thread 2 about the Watch screen. I've never damaged a watch screen before. And I'm 62. Been around the block a few times with a watch on. Maybe a Timex got a tiny scratch 50 years ago.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-12-2015 10:07 PM
    False... I'll be wearing mine everyday... Until work gets to crazy. I'm an electrician.
    04-13-2015 01:39 AM
    I'm wearing mine at work and running. Speigen has very nice shells if you're worried in a particular environment. I got the stainless watch, but there's a cool black shell (or gold!) that would totally change the look with a sport band. There's also a clear flexible shell. Cheap, too.
    04-13-2015 07:39 AM