New Apple Watch every year?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had an interesting talk with a few of my friends. We were talking about whether Apple really needed to put out a new iPhone/iPad every year. We went through all the permutations we could think about. Like having the devices launch on alternating years with a new iPad then iPhone then iPad etc. It would help people on contracts and also people who buy both. Now especially with the yearly OS and iOS releases it would help with the pressure on them. However if Apple's sales haven't slowed down why would they want to do it. It would give competitors a chance to catch up and it would cost them money. When the Apple Watch was debuted we had the same conversation. Since they have other devices selling like hotcakes do they or will they put out a new Apple Watch every year? Perhaps they might do it every other year. Especially when you consider the Watch Edition with it's high price tag.

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I really hope they don't do an upgrade every year but from past Apple first generation products they will most likely upgrade it before the first year like they did with the iPad 1st gen

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a funny feeling this will be a yearly thing. Launch these like Samsung launches gear watches. They have proven to be really well at continuing to sell year after year of a upgraded model.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a funny feeling this will be a yearly thing. Launch these like Samsung launches gear watches. They have proven to be really well at continuing to sell year after year of a upgraded model.

I'm still 50/50 on it. I think like all the other devices they would do it yearly. The prices of the lower models is not so crazy that it's out of reach for people. If there are improvements there are people who waited while others will skip years to upgrade. So I feel like there are great reasons to do it every year and no reason it wouldn't sell. Then another side of me just this gut feeling is that it's a new product and they are kind of feeling it out. Like it's new enough that they could potentially skip a year of hardware updates with only OS updates and with their other products have crazy numbers.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm still 50/50 on it. I think like all the other devices they would do it yearly. The prices of the lower models is not so crazy that it's out of reach for people. If there are improvements there are people who waited while others will skip years to upgrade. So I feel like there are great reasons to do it every year and no reason it wouldn't sell. Then another side of me just this gut feeling is that it's a new product and they are kind of feeling it out. Like it's new enough that they could potentially skip a year of hardware updates with only OS updates and with their other products have crazy numbers.
Yeah. I'm just going with the average tech trends. Anything over a year is obsolete haha

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods