Is the watch not totally touch screen and you have to use that wheel thingy on the side ? I've watched the videos and they always use that wheel. Can you not do everything on the screen without it or are they just suggesting that's it's easier to use it ? Not a fan of it and it will probably be a deal breaker on whether I get one or not.
    04-05-2015 10:19 PM
    From what the videos show the wheel allows you to scroll without covering screen with your finger.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    04-05-2015 11:11 PM
    Is the watch not totally touch screen and you have to use that wheel thingy on the side ? I've watched the videos and they always use that wheel. Can you not do everything on the screen without it or are they just suggesting that's it's easier to use it ? Not a fan of it and it will probably be a deal breaker on whether I get one or not.
    It is called the Digital Crown, for navigating purposes like "pinch to zoom" for app selection, contact selection, picture selection, date/time selection, etc. Apple has always been so minimal and streamlined with its designs, so for me, the need for the Digital Crown is such a departure. My concern is the possibility of wear and tear, and it seems rather less efficient than voice commands, motion gestures, and swipes. However, these concerns are just based on what I have seen or read so far, having yet to play with it.
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 04-06-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    04-05-2015 11:16 PM
    The digital crown will be the only option for zooming in on some screens. The Apple Watch's screen is certainly a touch screen, and can detect two fingers touching it for the heartbeat message feature, but it has NO pinch to zoom capability.
    04-06-2015 02:02 AM
    #1 who the freak changed my title and post ?
    # 2 it's a scroll wheel ?
    Digital crown, wth is a digital crown.
    04-06-2015 10:21 AM
    I changed your title. Why? It's part of my duties. As for the Digital Crown, see the screenshot below.

Is the Watch completely touchscreen or do you have to use the digital crown?-screen-shot-2015-04-06-10.31.34-am.png

Source: https://www.apple.com/watch/technology/
    phreddyl, cardfan, swarlos and 2 others like this.
    04-06-2015 10:33 AM
    #1 Your title was horrendous
    #2 if you don't even know what the Digitial Crown is then perhaps the Watch isn't right for you
    Last edited by swarlos; 04-06-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    04-06-2015 04:49 PM
    #1 You're title was horrendous
    #2 if you don't even know what the Digitial Crown is then perhaps the Watch isn't right for you
    *Your

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-06-2015 07:44 PM
    *Your

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL. Good catch.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    04-06-2015 07:51 PM
    Wouldn't it be is? Because it's still there
    04-06-2015 10:36 PM
    Wouldn't it be is? Because it's still there
    The title has been changed so thus the past tense.

04-06-2015 11:19 PM
    Voice control and swiping are both things the Apple Watch does, so don't worry! The digital crown just actually makes things easier for times you don't want to block the screen. As for wear and tear there won't be much since the wheel part of the digital crown is the only mechanical part of the feature; the rest is electronic (or digital), hence the name.
    Danny Olivo likes this.
    04-06-2015 11:31 PM
    Voice control and swiping are both things the Apple Watch does, so don't worry! The digital crown just actually makes things easier for times you don't want to block the screen. As for wear and tear there won't be much since the wheel part of the digital crown is the only mechanical part of the feature; the rest is electronic (or digital), hence the name.
    Thanks for the great reply Micro, unlike the other small minded idiots and the corny moderator or whatever he/she is that changed my great title about this wheel thingy.
    04-07-2015 10:34 AM
    The title has been changed so thus the past tense.

Whoops wasn't paying attention
    04-07-2015 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the great reply Micro, unlike the other small minded idiots and the corny moderator or whatever he/she is that changed my great title about this wheel thingy.
    Post titles are modified for clarity and to make topics easier to search for by others... and be careful about using invective like "small minded idiots" as it can be more of an insight into who you are rather than your opinion of someone else.
    Eskemo30, Les74 and swarlos like this.
    04-07-2015 03:27 PM
    Post titles are modified for clarity and to make topics easier to search for by others... and be careful about using invective like "small minded idiots" as it can be more of an insight into who you are rather than your opinion of someone else.
    The OP calling the Digital Crown a "Wheel Thingy" pretty much says it all.
    Les74 and swarlos like this.
    04-07-2015 05:13 PM
    The OP calling the Digital Crown a "Wheel Thingy" pretty much says it all.
    LOL was just going to say the same thing. Also Micro told you basically what you could have found on the Apple website. You obviously didn't research much of the Watch or else you would have known it was called the digital crown. To Keith's point outing the other posters as 'small minded idiots' is indicative of yourself and calling 'D corny was just sad what he did was appropriate.

Les74 likes this.
    04-08-2015 01:41 AM