Not as personal and all that

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not as personal add all that

I don't follow you. I'm talking about where it attaches to the watch.

There is a slot on the top and bottom of the watch. The sport band goes right into the slot (the blue band). The classic band has a metal hoop at each end and the hoop itself slides into each slot of the watch.

The pictures give an appearance that the bands attach to the watch differently, but they do attach the same.

Black.jpeg
Blue.jpeg

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure I agree with that statement - specifically the part about having no other choice.
I like a good debate, would love to hear your point of view, and maybe learn something along the way. For me, aside from the Pebble, what other choice would Apple consumers have for those who would like a smartwatch? I would think jumping to a completely new platform and relinquishing years of investment in the Apple ecosystem is unlikely, simply for a smartwatch, that an IPhone already can do much more. I suspect Apple purposely made the Watch limited to IOS to keep their consumers. Since they have such tight control on everything, they can be smart about it to jack up the price. I say good for them.

I just read that Apple is giving 50% discount of the entry level watches to their employees. Seems like a nice gesture, but some argue that Apple is using this method so their employees can cover some of the marketing cost of the Watch. Again, very clever. This is all my opinion of course, I am curious to hear your, and others, point of view.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I just read that Apple is giving 50% discount of the entry level watches to their emoloyees. Seems like a nice gesture, but some argue that Apple is using this method so their employees can cover some of the marketing cost of the Watch. Again, very clever. This is all my opinion of course, I am curious to hear your, and others, point of view.

I think its both... a nice gesture and marketing. And yes its very clever.

I might add that based on the many many Watch commercials I have seen on TV, I don't think Apple is relying on viral marketing alone.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

There is a slot on the top and bottom of the watch. The sport band goes right into the slot (the blue band). The classic band has a metal hoop at each end and the hoop itself slides into each slot of the watch.

The pictures give an appearance that the bands attach to the watch differently, but they do attach the same.

View attachment 79505
View attachment 79506

I see that now. Thanks!

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I think its both... a nice gesture and marketing. And yes its very clever.
Only Apple knows the cost to make the Watches, and I suspect the mark up is huge, so they would still be making a profit (although smaller) from their employees despite the 50% discount. It's a win-win for both sides. Their employees get a sense of a great deal, and they get another way to promote their new product. For me, it would be a genuine nice gesture if the Watch is offered to their employees for free (only to retail employees). 😄

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner