Apple Watch Return / Exchange Policy

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I want the Space Grey Sport with black band like most everyone else. I have a medium wrist size and don't know if the 42mm will be too big and if i need to stay with the 38mm.

I want one on 4/24, but I'm afraid I will Preoreder the wrong one. 50 / 50 chance I guess.

What do you guys think the exchange / return policies will look like for the apple watch's?

Thanks, Cody

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet that it will be the same as the iPhone and iPad's exchange and return policies. I think it will probably be easier to exchange it a few days after launch than on that day but Apple usually does a good job of handling those exchanges and returns in store.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I never had to do a exchange or return. Never really had more than one option before that I wasn't 100% sure if before the purchase. Was there a restocking fee or anything like that?

The size of the phone in my pocket was an easy choice compared to the size of a watch on my wrist.

My gut has been telling me to go with the 42mm and I will either get use to the extremely large size (if that's what it turns out being), or pay the restocking fee and wait for the 38mm to get back in stock.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Cody

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The return policy is great. No restocking fee that I am aware of. Order both return one within the 14 days

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
The return policy is great. No restocking fee that I am aware of. Order both return one within the 14 days

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

With no restocking fees, what's keeping everyone from doing this? You could put it on a credit card and not even have to pay for the items your returning.

Heck, you could just get a new watch every 13 days, a different one each time, and never actually have to pay for the watch. They wouldn't have to do the "try it on" appointments because you could just ordered it and have a lot longer than the 15 minutes the appointment is given you.

Weird to hear $0 restocking fee, but I like it.

Cody

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure they'd modify their return policy just for you once they picked up on your scam. The store managers have a lot of flexibility with satisfying customer issues, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be difficult to flag your AppleID if they wanted to, not to mention word got around in the local store about your "creativity."

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I'm sure they'd modify their return policy just for you once they picked up on your scam. The store managers have a lot of flexibility with satisfying customer issues, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be difficult to flag your AppleID if they wanted to, not to mention word got around in the local store about your "creativity."

I'm not saying I would ever do it. I was just pointing out reasons to HAVE a return policy.

I HATE returning things. I would also hate to get the large 42mm and have it feel TOO BIG on my wrist. I would hate to get small 38mm and have the band too small for my wrist. The 38mm band maximum wrist size is 200mm which is my wrist size.

I'm just afraid I'm going to order something on 4/10 that won't fit.

Not trying to be deceitful in anyway. With the space grey black band sport being the most popular, I'm just afraid I'm not going to be able to swap it in stores on spiral 25th.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The sport watches come with two bands, a small/medium and a medium/large (140-210mm). I'd guess that will cover everyone who doesn't have really outsized wrists. And, of course Apple will cheerfully accept legitimate returns. I'd just not expect them to be so cheerful the second time you show up to do a swap.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
The 38mm watch offers two bands that cover 130-200mm wrists.

Correct. I want the 38mm because I think a big watch looks funny, but my wrist is 200mm exactly.

Do I order the 38mm and hope it fits, or get the 42mm and get over the weirdness of it looking too big?

Only I can really answer that. I was just curious about "what if I'm wrong" with my question about return policies.

Thanks everyone for the replies. No restocking fee makes me feel better about pre ordering and taking the chance.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the watches are smaller than they appear. When my spouse and I printed out actual size paper copies and placed them on our wrists, we both decided on the 42mm size. The 38mm watch is tiny. The thickness makes them appear larger.

asanatheist

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

If you are returning items too often they will stop taking them back or stop you from buying Apple products from that Apple store. I saw this in person when getting my iPhone 5. I fully understand their decision to not provide service, the customer was very unreasonable and I would have kicked him from my fam's business as well.

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to make a big guess that they'll be less generous about returns on things you wear, since they won't be able to resell them. (I'm thinking the bands, if nothing else.)

Mscatinboston

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, Apple is great! When my aunt bought her iPad, she decided she did not want the keyboard she bought. She received her money back and did not need to return the keyboard. So I am sure, Apple will be great with any returns.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad this was asked because I'm hoping to get one on preorder. I've got a gig planned that should provide me with all the cash but incase it falls through I was hoping I'd be able to send it back. I've done it before with my MBP when I wasn't sure whether to go with a larger hard drive or more RAM. I though with the watch though things might be a little different.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the watches are smaller than they appear. When my spouse and I printed out actual size paper copies and placed them on our wrists, we both decided on the 42mm size. The 38mm watch is tiny. The thickness makes them appear larger.

Agree. I looked at them through the apple app, and the 38 seemed really small. Leaning more towards 42mm as of late.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are returning items too often they will stop taking them back or stop you from buying Apple products from that Apple store. I saw this in person when getting my iPhone 5. I fully understand their decision to not provide service, the customer was very unreasonable and I would have kicked him from my fam's business as well.

Lots of stores do this. Best Buy even has a sign near the return lines stating this. People try and work the system and it only ruins it for everyone else who actually is within the bounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro