Apple Watch orders have been cut in half from 3 million units to 1.5 million units.

Apple cutting Apple Watch shipments - Business Insider
    03-23-2015 08:05 PM
    Business Insider == National Enquirer
    mmcfly23, ladyc0524, Les74 and 1 others like this.
    03-23-2015 08:06 PM
    Business Insider == National Enquirer
    Pretty much! Op you should be more worried about blackberry's ability to stay alive in the handset business. I'm expecting horrible sales results from their upcoming quarterly report.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    03-23-2015 08:13 PM
    Pretty much! Op you should be more worried about blackberry's ability to stay alive in the handset business. I'm expecting horrible sales results from their upcoming quarterly report.

I'm hoping they turn out good but if not, oh well.
    03-23-2015 08:16 PM

But that also has nothing to do with the Watch order cuts lol
    03-23-2015 08:17 PM
    But that also has nothing to do with the Watch order cuts lol
    True. I don't believe that article one bit. Just find it odd that a bb fanboy/girl would post the article without adding his/her 2 cents.

ladyc0524 and Not Quite Right like this.
    03-23-2015 08:19 PM
    True. I don't believe that article one bit. Just find it odd that a bb fanboy/girl would post the article without adding his/her 2 cents.

They had direct contact from within Apple and I'll be more than glad too add my 2 cents. I find it strange how they can't get enough screens made yet they made how many screens for the Ipad and Iphone? In my opinion, I think the survey that was taken scared Apple in a way. 69% of Americans don't want an Apple Watch which is a high number. I feel that Apple is jumping the gun on the watch like BlackBerry did with the Z10. Look how that turned out to, not good.
    03-23-2015 08:29 PM
    They had direct contact from within Apple and I'll be more than glad too add my 2 cents. I find it strange how they can't get enough screens made yet they made how many screens for the Ipad and Iphone? In my opinion, I think the survey that was taken scared Apple in a way. 69% of Americans don't want an Apple Watch which is a high number. I feel that Apple is jumping the gun on the watch like BlackBerry did with the Z10. Look how that turned out to, not good.
    I'll be sure to revisit this thread once Apple post massive sales for the first week.
    03-23-2015 08:55 PM
    Crap rumors like the OP posted about come out prior to every device Apple has released at least since I started paying attention with the release of the iPhone4 on Verizon... Every one is rumored to be doomed to fail. We all know the reality. And in all likelihood, the watch will leave detractors like the OP nonplussed.
    03-23-2015 09:00 PM
    Crap rumors like the OP posted about come out prior to every device Apple has released at least since I started paying attention with the release of the iPhone4 on Verizon... Every one is rumored to be doomed to fail. We all know the reality. And in all likelihood, the watch will leave detractors like the OP nonplussed.
    News in news no matter what and if Apple sells a ton of watches, congrats! But either way, everyone needs to know the full news.
    03-23-2015 09:03 PM
    News in news no matter what and if Apple sells a ton of watches, congrats! But either way, everyone needs to know the full news.
    we do...and will. Without any "help" from you...
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-23-2015 09:06 PM
    we do...and will. Without any "help" from you...
    Will then post the negatives too! Without my help.. what ya gonna do, ban me? All I'm trying to do is make a post about a rumor and I still get hated.
    03-23-2015 09:20 PM
    You have a view of "negative" that's in a class by itself. Any ol' rumor will get you wee-wee'd up to run here and post... I'll stick to reality.
    Last edited by kch50428; 03-24-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
    03-23-2015 09:28 PM
    Personally, I was psyched about the watch from the moment I saw it, and I plan on getting one, so I'm not a "hater". But I do have my worries about how well this product will do.

The mid-range watches are very expensive. The watch doesn't extend the market, but is looking for extra funds from people who already had to buy an expensive phone. It has a feel of self-indulgence - hundreds of dollars to save you having to pull your phone from your pocket. And young people have literally zero interest.

And here's another killer problem: you don't want to wear exactly the same watch as everyone else. It's embarrassing. And Apple solved this brilliantly by having dozens of styles. But then they priced the mid-range models so incredibly high, that almost everyone is looking at the same black-strap entry model.
    03-23-2015 10:43 PM
    Apple Watch orders have been cut in half from 3 million units to 1.5 million units.

Even if true, I think Apple will still sell plenty and surpass all total sales of any competitor before it. Even if 10% of existing Apple users buy the watch, it would still be a success. China alone would be enough...we will see.
    03-23-2015 11:53 PM
    So 31% of 300 million initially want an Apple watch. 93 million sales scares Apple? I think that they will take those numbers initially. At that isn't even counting overseas sales.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    03-24-2015 07:53 AM

They've got a habit of doing that here. Drive by postings.
    mmcfly23 and Highrisedrifter like this.
    03-24-2015 11:17 AM
    I'll be sure to revisit this thread once Apple post massive sales for the first week.
    Subscribed.
    03-24-2015 11:18 AM

Click Bait posted as News by a troll... Oh thank you kind troll for opening my eyes.
    03-24-2015 11:53 AM
    Some folks are claiming a typical Apple artificial scarcity marketing strategy to hype up the Watch, and if true, I think it is a brilliant idea to keep consumers interested on a 6 months release.
    03-24-2015 12:33 PM
    I'm not terribly sold the Apple Watch in either of It's editions (no pup intended) will create extremely high demand. I think there's simply too many combinations and the product is simply not proven. It's the first Apple product EVER to absolutely not be advertised as a necessity save for maybe the Apple TV.
    03-24-2015 08:13 PM
    So 31% of 300 million initially want an Apple watch. 93 million sales scares Apple? I think that they will take those numbers initially. At that isn't even counting overseas sales.
    It would take BlackBerry around seventeen years to sell that many Quasim....er.....Passports......
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    03-25-2015 01:20 PM
    I'm not terribly sold the Apple Watch in either of It's editions (no pup intended) will create extremely high demand. I think there's simply too many combinations and the product is simply not proven. It's the first Apple product EVER to absolutely not be advertised as a necessity save for maybe the Apple TV.
    Most tech is unnecessary. New tech is nearly universally unnecessary.
    03-25-2015 01:22 PM
    Calling this "full news" would be like me making a blog entry online randomly saying "Apple distributing HIV with every iPhone sold..." and calling it the "full news". You've defined your existence within this community...don't be surprised when 99% of the members here laugh or scoff at your pitiful attempts at spreading this drivel as "news".
    kch50428 likes this.
    03-25-2015 02:03 PM
    LOL!!!!!! I needed something to read while at the metro platform so I finally clicked on this set of world class hard hitting Pulitzer award winning "News" and I had a good time with the last paragraph:
    " It's unclear if UDN Mobile's report is correct, but even if it is accurate, supply chain activities aren't always a clear indicator of Apple's plans for future products. Taiwanese publications like DigiTimes frequently publish reports like these that don't always reflect factual information about Apple's products.*"
    Translation-we wrote this as something you could read while in the loo. We've got nothing factual to base it on and the source has been wrong before.
    mmcfly23 likes this.
    03-26-2015 06:51 AM
28 12