I downloaded Apple Watch because I thought it would be helpful on my iPhone, it's not. Should I get rid of it?

I

iMore Question

I downloaded Apple Watch because I thought it would be helpful on my iphone.

AW is a separate thing it looks like. Should I just get rid of the app? Is it taking up unnecessary space?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: I downloaded Apple Watch because I thought it would be helpful on my iphone.

Nope it's not separate and you can't delete it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: I downloaded Apple Watch because I thought it would be helpful on my iphone.

AW is a separate thing it looks like. Should I just get rid of the app? Is it taking up unnecessary space?

You can neither "download" nor delete the Watch app. It's baked into iOS 8.2.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you're not going to buy the Watch , you can just hide that app in a folder and keep it way over on the last screen page. You may have other unused apps to put in that folder.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you downloaded an Apple Watch app separate from the iOS 8.2 update, I recommend you delete it. Better yet, do a clean install of the latest iOS version just in case. That's what I would do. ;)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

If you mean the Apple Watch app that was installed as part of iOS 8.2 then just put it in a folder with the other baked in apps you don't use. Personally, I don't use News Stand, Stocks, Games Center, iTunes Store or Compass and they all just get shoved into a folder called "Not Used" and relegated to the last page of my home screens.

If you downloaded a third party Watch app from iTunes, you can delete it.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

I call that folder Crapple!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR