IPhone 6 takes call from Android Wear Moto 360!

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
What if your iPhone could be linked to both the upcoming Apple Watch AND to top Android smart watches? More options are always better, right? Well, it's already in the works. Here's a link to the Youtube video showing an iPhone taking calls from and linked to a Moto 360 running Android Wear: http://youtu.be/D2pkyHp8HN0

The developer behind this software is excellent, so I expect great things from this effort!

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Big whoop... The Moto thing can use a Bluetooth iPhone speaker/headset profile... Wow... What a feat.

We don't know how far this project can go, but the dev wrote that iOS 8's actionable notifications are supported due to the nature of the API used. He also tweeted about finding some iOS-related code within Android Wear while working on the project. That's pretty exciting to me...

Android OEMs are going to push wearable tech just like they did in smartphones. For example, Sony's smartwatch is waterproof and Samsung's has a new UV sensor--making iPhones compatible with these devices would give users all kinds of new options, features, and price points, right? I'm smiling at the possibilities...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711