I'm always skeptical of new members who's second post is a long drawn out bash of a product thats not even on the market yet. I don't know it seams kind of like a trollish move to me ...
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-17-2015 10:45 AM
    I'm always skeptical of new members who's second post is a long drawn out bash of a product thats not even on the market yet. I don't know it seams kind of like a trollish move to me ...
    I agree. The watch is not the best looking one, but far from ugly. Personal preference I guess.
    03-17-2015 11:31 AM
    Strange enough, I didn't have a thought about the design. Not before and not now. Either I'm going to get it or I'm not; the design doesn't matter much.
    Just_Me_D and Not Quite Right like this.
    03-17-2015 11:32 AM
    Strange enough, I didn't have a thought about the design. Not before and not now. Either I'm going to get it or I'm not; the design doesn't matter much.
    It's hard to argue with that logic.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-17-2015 11:55 AM
    I don't think it's ugly at all. I obviously haven't seen one in person but judging by the pictures I've seen, I think it's a very nice looking accessory.
    03-17-2015 01:39 PM
    I don't think you know what bashing is, if you think what I wrote is bashing. Bashing would involve phrases like "sheeple" "expensive crap" "is all marketing hype" "just copying Samsung" "tax dodger" "slave labor" etc etc. That's the kind of crap I read whenever the subject of Apple comes up on other forums.

But yeah it's obvious nobody bothered to read what i wrote. My bad for leading with a trigger title.
    03-17-2015 10:51 PM
    It's boxy like the first-gen iPad was boxy.

The second gen will be sleeker with better batter life, but you can't be among the first with the second gen. Trade-offs. Life is full of trade-offs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    The iPhone 1 is thick and clunky compared to the iPhone 3, but not to the other phones at the time because there were no other phones like it at the time.

It's a little different when you are not first mover.
    03-17-2015 11:30 PM
    The iPhone 1 is thick and clunky compared to the iPhone 3, but not to the other phones at the time because there were no other phones like it at the time.

So what's a good looking Smart Watch to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-18-2015 12:40 AM
    Well, a thinner watch is easier to hold and use and ... Oh wait, it's strapped to wrist. Well it should be lighter. I buy this to work out and holding a weight would ..umm...make it harder to work out and I wouldn't feel the burn. So yeah, it should be lighter. No wait, it should be round. That looks better even if the screen is square. A square in a round hole always works.

Oh heck with it. I can't afford it. Therefore it's ugly.
    03-18-2015 07:10 AM

The other watches are like hockey pucks on the wrist.

The only one that's nicer and lighter, IMHO, is the Pebble Time. I may go with that and skip a generation.
    03-18-2015 08:23 AM
    I don't think you know what bashing is, if you think what I wrote is bashing. Bashing would involve phrases like "sheeple" "expensive crap" "is all marketing hype" "just copying Samsung" "tax dodger" "slave labor" etc etc. That's the kind of crap I read whenever the subject of Apple comes up on other forums.

But yeah it's obvious nobody bothered to read what i wrote. My bad for leading with a trigger title.
    On the contrary I know exactly what bashing is, I read your entire post, and I have a pretty keen eye for someone just trying to stir the pot.
    03-18-2015 10:32 AM
    It looks good to me from the pics I have seen. I am sure some will love it and others will not like it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    03-18-2015 10:59 AM
    It looks good compared to most of these Android watches. The only issue is the battery life, and it's expensive.
    03-18-2015 11:30 AM
    Ugly as sin. They could have at least pretended they were making a fashion accessory, and not a calculator watch from two decades ago

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    03-18-2015 02:29 PM
    I could not read you first your entire post Op sorry, but to answer your question no I don't think it is ugly just not my style for a watch I think in another post I called it a chunky bar Hehe, but now I'm having second thoughts on it for the tech side of things. I think it would compliment my iP6 nicely and then My 6s Plus when its released. Thats right I'm going to go with the 6 plus i know I said in the past I would not, but hey.
    03-19-2015 06:17 AM
    Oh GOD it's gorgeous. Put it on the arm of a gorgeous, minimally dressed man (as in the only thing he's wearing is the watch) and that's just the icing on the cake. Leave you to decide what's the icing and what's the cake.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    03-19-2015 08:01 AM
    Oh GOD it's gorgeous. Put it on the arm of a gorgeous, minimally dressed man (as in the only thing he's wearing is the watch) and that's just the icing on the cake. Leave you to decide what's the icing and what's the cake.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 10:30 AM

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    You're Naughty ...
    Does anyone else think the Watch is ugly?-chest08g.jpg
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    03-19-2015 11:13 AM
    03-19-2015 11:31 AM
    most of the models i'd say are not my tastes at all. The ones that are closer to my tastes cost thousands and even then it's still not actually my tastes. They just look the best out of something that i don't really find attractive.
    04-03-2015 05:38 AM
    I personally don't like the aesthetics, then again I don't like the aesthetics of any smartwatch so far except the Moto 360 (too thick however).

I must say an Apple watch edition in gold should retain it's value very well. Most watch collectors or "snobs" collect high end watches knowing the watch probably cost 1/10th or less to manufacture/market. They also don't buy their watches for horological excellence in terms of function. They often buy it for non intrinsic values, such as prestige, brand history, cost, etc.

I have little doubt the Apple watch will sell, a lot. I will refrain from buying one until I start seeing more real world benefits to my lifestyle from a smartwatch.
    04-05-2015 08:36 AM
    As much as I love my phones, I'm just not into Smart Watches frankly I don't even know why they are coming back? It seems Apple & Samsung has ran out of ideas.

IMO they are just an OVERPRICED Notification Wrist Bands.

It is ugly but I have no doubt Apple will get it right. Regardless, they will sell Millions!

Samsung's first attempts with the Gear & Gear Live was ugly but I love the Gear S with curve screen.
    04-05-2015 10:38 AM
    I now actually think the watch is striking looking. It's like the iPhone 6, which I initially thought ugly and now think beautiful.

Jony Ive pushes boundaries, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    04-05-2015 11:13 AM
    Yup, I also think it's not the prettiest watch ever made, but it's not completely hideous. It's just that there are better-looking options out there hehe
    04-08-2015 11:27 AM
    Yes,it's ugly.
    ^^^ this
    04-08-2015 11:31 AM
59 123