Strange question I know, but on the Apple web site, the space grey Apple Watch Sport looks black. (Seems I don't have a high enough post count to post the link, but it's not hard to find.)

But my "space grey" iPhone 6 is a much lighter, silver-grey colour. It looks completely different.

I haven't been able to find any clear pictures of the space grey sport other than Apple's.

Does anyone know what the colour really looks like?
    03-14-2015 01:59 PM
    Expect in real life, to the eye to look like the color of the iPhone... until you see one for real, and it looks different...
    Bifurcated likes this.
    03-14-2015 02:33 PM
    Space grey well...Space grey.
    03-14-2015 07:45 PM
    The thing is the Space Grey on the phone is totally different from that of the watch. Space Grey is a very loose term given.
    03-14-2015 10:57 PM
    Strange question I know, but on the Apple web site, the space grey Apple Watch Sport looks black. (Seems I don't have a high enough post count to post the link, but it's not hard to find.)

But my "space grey" iPhone 6 is a much lighter, silver-grey colour. It looks completely different.

I haven't been able to find any clear pictures of the space grey sport other than Apple's.

Does anyone know what the colour really looks like?

Best way to describe it..

Bifurcated and LCW like this.
    03-15-2015 01:15 AM
    Well dang, that looked positively black to me, again completely unlike the silver-grey on my iPhone 6.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I can see one in a store.
    03-15-2015 01:37 PM
    Well dang, that looked positively black to me, again completely unlike the silver-grey on my iPhone 6.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I can see one in a store.
    That's probably a good idea...historically, the heavily saturated marketing videos that show the products kind of skew the color of the devices. When the 5S was first shown in gold, it looked REALLY gold...but upon actual encounter with the color in real life, the color was much more subtle.

I think this picture gives you a good idea that it definitely is NOT "black", but actually space grey like the iPhone's/iPad's we've had for a few years now...

What colour is space grey?-screen-shot-2015-03-15-3.52.28-pm.png
    03-15-2015 03:53 PM
    Kinda reminds me of charcoal, at least on the Watch. On the iPhone, it looks like charcoal that's been in a lit grill for about a half-hour. At least to me.
    03-15-2015 04:01 PM
    It makes me think of Ernest describing the color of the "Beigefoot" indians ...
    03-16-2015 11:49 AM
    That's probably a good idea...historically, the heavily saturated marketing videos that show the products kind of skew the color of the devices. When the 5S was first shown in gold, it looked REALLY gold...but upon actual encounter with the color in real life, the color was much more subtle.

I think this picture gives you a good idea that it definitely is NOT "black", but actually space grey like the iPhone's/iPad's we've had for a few years now...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 3.52.28 PM.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	78709
    So this image from Apple shows the problem. See how different the colour for the iPhone 5S is from the iPhone 6 colour, although both are allegedly space grey. And see how different they both are from the image of the phone above. The iPhone 6 image is actually pretty close to how my phone looks.

What colour is space grey?-screen-shot-2015-03-16-12.21.09-pm.png
    03-16-2015 12:23 PM
    I just looked up the difference in color between the two phones...there is NONE...you choose a bad picture comparison.

What colour is space grey?-1.png
    Bifurcated likes this.
    03-16-2015 01:02 PM
    Nice one. So the watch is probably also that silver grey, not the very dark grey in the image you posted above. Thanks.

(Just to be clear, on my display, the watch image looks almost black, and the phone image looks silvery-grey. Maybe we are not seeing the same thing.)
    03-16-2015 01:14 PM
    Not black..... *tears*
    03-16-2015 01:59 PM
    Compare to Space Black.

Space Grey isn't black, alas. But it's still nice.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-16-2015 05:49 PM
    Nice one. So the watch is probably also that silver grey, not the very dark grey in the image you posted above. Thanks.

(Just to be clear, on my display, the watch image looks almost black, and the phone image looks silvery-grey. Maybe we are not seeing the same thing.)
    You're screen is not showing you the colors properly...the pictures i posted above show the two phones in identical color. In some pictures space grey seems darker, just like the watch, but it will be the same color as the iPhone's and iPad's that are out right now.
    03-16-2015 06:19 PM
    So this image from Apple shows the problem. See how different the colour for the iPhone 5S is from the iPhone 6 colour, although both are allegedly space grey. And see how different they both are from the image of the phone above. The iPhone 6 image is actually pretty close to how my phone looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 12.21.09 PM.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	520.3 KB 
ID:	78742
    All I know is this: The Space Grey color on my iPhone 5 is noticeably darker than that of my iPhone 5S, and the color of my iPhone 5S is almost on par with that of my iPhone 6 Plus. It's "slightly" darker.
    03-16-2015 07:28 PM
    All I know is this: The Space Grey color on my iPhone 5 is noticeably darker than that of my iPhone 5S, and the color of my iPhone 5S is almost on par with that of my iPhone 6 Plus. It's "slightly" darker.
    Remember the 5 didn't have "space gray". I forget what they called it but it was a much darker slate gray color. Then there was the issue of it getting scratched up to easy, so the 5S was the lighter space gray.
    03-16-2015 08:33 PM
    Remember the 5 didn't have "space gray". I forget what they called it but it was a much darker slate gray color. Then there was the issue of it getting scratched up to easy, so the 5S was the lighter space gray.
    Ahhhh. True indeed........Thanks for the reminder.
    03-16-2015 08:37 PM