Sooooooooo now I have an Apple watch app on my phone. That I will never use. That I don't want. That I can't delete.

First they put the worst album in the history of music with that Bono fella on my phone that I couldn't delete without and act of God and now this?

If they sent the watch that's one thing, but "hay! Here's an app you'll never use that you dont need! Yay you!"
    Chrisy and denster1 like this.
    03-13-2015 11:44 PM
    It's not that bad.. Tuck it away in a folder and never deal with it again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-13-2015 11:50 PM
    Stick it in a folder with stocks and compass and contacts. Problem solved.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    03-13-2015 11:50 PM
    Here come the whiners...*facepalm*
    03-14-2015 12:01 AM
    No, not whining. At all really.

My bad for thinking I get to control what goes on my phone.

Thanks for the feedback on the bloatware though!
    Last edited by baseballbert; 03-14-2015 at 12:39 AM.
    03-14-2015 12:15 AM
    The  watch app greets me every time I launch it! Lmao
    03-14-2015 12:44 AM

There are several apps that I will never use and that I can't delete- Stocks, Compass, newsstand. Just stick them in a folder and move on. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.
    reeneebob, kataran, pr1nce and 1 others like this.
    03-14-2015 12:50 AM
    Like this:
    Thanks for the app I can't delete-imageuploadedbytapatalk1426312579.343169.jpg

Nest it deep!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-14-2015 at 01:57 AM.
    kataran, Speedygi and offdahglass like this.
    03-14-2015 01:01 AM

You always have the option of selling the phone and using something else you can "control".

Seriously, just tuck the god damn app in a folder and forget about it like the rest of us have.
    03-14-2015 03:13 AM

Send feedback to Apple.
    You do know its there to haunt you until you buy a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kataran and Chrisy like this.
    03-14-2015 03:25 AM
    If this issue causes someone to have a conniption then some folks lead charmed lives.
    I'm happy for a platform that offers me native apps to my heart's content.
    Any core app I don't want I put in a folder.
    And the album I've played a million times. Love that Bono fellow and his band. Thank you Apple for the free music!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    03-14-2015 05:33 AM
    I wish I was you. If this is the biggest problem in your life, count yourself lucky.
    pr1nce and Coachbulldog like this.
    03-14-2015 06:43 AM
    If you want to feel better about the few apps the are baked into iOS, buy an Android from one of the carriers and deal with all that bloatware. I have 6+ and a Note 4. The at&t Note 4 is LOADED with bloat that can't be deleted. Fortunately Android has a disable feature for many apps (not all), but the disabled app is still on the device. Android bloat is one of the reasons I now prefer iOS to Android.
    03-14-2015 08:03 AM
    Hmm I think you get a free watch with the app just check your mailbox
    shief24 and CK#CB like this.
    03-14-2015 08:13 AM

But you ARE clearly whining...A LOT. The album they added was easily deletable for those that wanted to, and this tiny little app can be put away in a folder where you'll never see it again if you so choose.

This isn't the catastrophe you're making it out to be...nor is it some insurmountable annoyance that Apple has stricken you with.

It's a small app...put it in a folder...move on with life.
    03-14-2015 10:35 AM
    Does anyone know the size of the app? I think they should have made it come pre-installed but deletable like their productivity apps. However I just tuck it in a folder and never use it again.
    03-14-2015 10:47 AM
    Does anyone know the size of the app? I think they should have made it come pre-installed but deletable like their productivity apps. However I just tuck it in a folder and never use it again.
    It can't be much. My storage capacity would have reflected it if it were huge. The biggest stock app we have is iBooks. It's only about 42 mb. All others are very small. I suspect the  app is very small.

03-14-2015 11:25 AM
    Like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426312579.343169.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	78647

Nest it deep!

Nice!
    03-14-2015 11:32 AM
    Weeeeee bit of an over reaction by the more faithful. My bad for saying apple did something that I didn't like!
    Premium1, 21stNow, shief24 and 1 others like this.
    03-14-2015 12:19 PM
    Weeeeee bit of an over reaction by the more faithful. My bad for saying apple did something that I didn't like!
    The overreaction here is yours... It doesn't take much to hide the freakin' Watch app... or, develop the wherewithal to simply ignore it.
    reeneebob and miketko like this.
    03-14-2015 12:27 PM
    No, it's not that you don't like something Apple did. We can all find something Apple does or has done that we don't like or agree with. It's that this issue is insignificant and not worth fretting over. If it were an app like Pages, that took 300 mb of space, then it would be significant. Just stick it in your unused folder, move the folder way over on the last screen page by itself and forget about it.

03-14-2015 12:30 PM
    Sooooooooo now I have an Apple watch app on my phone. That I will never use. That I don't want. That I can't delete.

First they put the worst album in the history of music with that Bono fella on my phone that I couldn't delete without and act of God and now this?

If they sent the watch that's one thing, but "hay! Here's an app you'll never use that you dont need! Yay you!"
    More bloat for everyone. Yet they will say its not that bad, yet if it was an android phone/app it would make a front page story ha. But it is apple, so yeah, not going to let you uninstall the app. I think it would have been better to make it an app in the app store that those with an apple watch could go and download, but such is life lol.
    Highrisedrifter and 21stNow like this.
    03-14-2015 12:54 PM

I know what you mean but there is substantially less bloatware on an iPhone than there was on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I had 32 apps that could not be deleted at all and NONE of them were carrier apps as the phone was bought unlocked.

At the end of the day, we all have apps we use and don't use, across all devices and platforms and basically we all just have to suck it up, stick them in a folder and forget about them. On my Android phone, I could hide the folders/apps I don't use if I install an aftermarket launcher (Nova Prime FTW) on the iPhone I can't. I long ago learned not to let it bother me and I stick any new apps I am unlikely to use in my "Where are they now?" folder.
    03-14-2015 01:07 PM
    More bloat for everyone. Yet they will say its not that bad, yet if it was an android phone/app it would make a front page story ha. But it is apple, so yeah, not going to let you uninstall the app. I think it would have been better to make it an app in the app store that those with an apple watch could go and download, but such is life lol.
    That's because Android bloat is what makes the OS truly bloated. Like when you get a 16GB device and you have 7GB available from the get-go because of the carrier and manufacturing bloat. Apple does a good job in how it manages the storage on the small storage devices. The fact that they freed up space in I believe what was 8.1 or maybe a point update after that shows that they're aware of the problem and care enough to free up space. On Android you can't just hide the bloat. It takes up space. On iPhones, the bloat (Apple apps) is there, but once it's hidden it literally has no effect on your storage.
    03-14-2015 01:57 PM
    That's because Android bloat is what makes the OS truly bloated. Like when you get a 16GB device and you have 7GB available from the get-go because of the carrier and manufacturing bloat. Apple does a good job in how it manages the storage on the small storage devices. The fact that they freed up space in I believe what was 8.1 or maybe a point update after that shows that they're aware of the problem and care enough to free up space. On Android you can't just hide the bloat. It takes up space. On iPhones, the bloat (Apple apps) is there, but once it's hidden it literally has no effect on your storage.
    Agree, but seems they only did it to avoid a lawsuit, and only after people brought the lawsuit to the table, otherwise people still probably wouldn't be able to OTA on low storage models. Not to mention the apps on Apple take up storage just like they do on android. Just because you put them in a folder doesn't make them free up space. It's similar to disabling apps on android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-14-2015 01:59 PM
95 123 ...