Thanks for the app I can't delete

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally can't believe how much time has been wasted on this topic.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Could be said about the entire forum I suppose. :) Guess people late to waste their time on whatever they want. I don't come here much, so I see others "wasting" much more time on here than others! Whatever floats their boats! What's important to some, isn't to others. Lots of people wasting time discussing games. Something I don't get. (Actually I do).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Why? The statement is correct.

It's his opinion. Not just a statement. I happen to disagree with the notion that we somehow can't control what we want on our iPhones. It sounds very over exaggerated.

I assume the OP is an enthusiast just as the rest of us here. Why would he not know stuff about the "walled garden" (as you put it) before making the purchase? Just because it's cool for someone to come here and make a statement of some sort doesn't mean that the person shouldn't receive opposing points of views. And I happen to think his view on this issue is quite frankly ridiculous and is tantamount to "why won't Apple give me an LED! They don't give us choices!". If it bothers you this much, stop buying the products.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The way I see some people coming here complaining about what the iPhone has that they don't like and/or what the iPhone doesn't have and they want is tantamount to going to McDonalds every day in hopes of getting a Whopper... Makes me smh in utter disbelief.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The way I see some people coming here complaining about what the iPhone has that they don't like and/or what the iPhone doesn't have and they want is tantamount to going to McDonalds every day in hopes of getting a Whopper... Makes me smh in utter disbelief.

Guess there's a few kinds of people. Some of us make suggestions and give feedback. I often email companies or use feedback forms. I'm generally positive and back up my suggestions. Then there are those that take whatever they're given and do not care to think anymore about it. Both types are ok. Probably every product I own I see where improvements can, and oftentimes are, made. It's called innovation and progress. I take part in that process. Apple offers a place to offer suggestions as well, which I have utilized.

I agree that these forums are not the place for that kind of discussion simply because many "enthusiasts" are linked emotionally to the product they bought. In my opinion there's always room for improvement, changes and innovation. Heck, even the Whooper has changed over the years.

I will always be one to see how things can be improved. Even so far as to make things myself. Engineering is fun, improving is fun. I made great additions to my camp stove for example.

Never say never. Apple has said it will not include many features and it lacked features that were eventually added. We may have the option to hide apps, may have an LED. Look at the history of the product here.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple exercises control over its devices. That's the advantage and annoyance of Apple.

Don't mind the Watch app. Do mind not being able to downgrade OSes on devices so that they remain useable. That's the one aspect where Android devices have an edge -- I could downgrade my Nexus 7 to KitKat when Lollipop turned out to be a slow mess.

But being able to get the new iOS update within hours of its launch? That's one of the great things about Apple. Even when that means we get new apps we can't delete.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Samsung did not force the Gear manager app to be installed on every phone by default. I had to install it and was told I needed it when purchasing the watch at T-Mobile. I have respect for Samsung for not force installing the app.

so let me get this straight, Samsung forces a sea of bloatware on everyone, but gets respect from customers because they don't add a watch app to that infinitely long list of crap. Apple give away brand new music from one of the world's most famous artist for free and decides to release one additional app for the home screen, an app that does not in the slightest impact the performance of the device and that can be stowed away wherever the user wants, and they cop flak big time?
People are funny.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
so let me get this straight, Samsung forces a sea of bloatware on everyone, but gets respect from customers because they don't add a watch app to that infinitely long list of crap. Apple give away brand new music from one of the world's most famous artist for free and decides to release one additional app for the home screen, an app that does not in the slightest impact the performance of the device and that can be stowed away wherever the user wants, and they cop flak big time?
People are funny.

The difference is with Android, you can root and remove what you don't want. With Apple, you can jailbreak when there is a jailbreak but can't always remove what Apple forces on you.

You can even get rid of TouchWiz completely on Android.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The difference is with Android, you can root and remove what you don't want. With Apple, you can jailbreak when there is a jailbreak but can't always remove what Apple forces on you.

You can even get rid of TouchWiz completely on Android.

If having those hidden apps on your device bothers you that much, it may be that the iPhone is not the phone for you. Again, it's a nit, IMO.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Based on the iOS EULA. We as the users are just being licensed to use iOS. Apple owns iOS. When we click on "I Agree" we are agreeing to whatever Apple does with iOS. So I would think the  Watch app falls under the agreement.
So if the app is there as a temptation or annoyance Apple is within their rights to annoy or temp the user with the app.
This is another reason why this app or any other app that can't be deleted doesn't bother because I agreed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
People are funny.

The U2 album was utter garbage. So let's not get that confused that with Apple altruism. There's a reason it was free. Bloat ware is bloat ware regardless of the os.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What is bloatware? Is it every stock app, carrier apps, and manufacturers apps that can't be deleted? Apple has 30 undeletable apps. But most of those are actually used by most users. The "unused" folder will vary from one to another. Most will include apps like Newsstand and Stocks. Out of the 30, only 7 apps are totally useless for me. That scenario would look a lot different with an Android phone. There would be a whole lot more I would consider useless. To me, that's the difference.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The U2 album was utter garbage. So let's not get that confused that with Apple altruism. There's a reason it was free. Bloat ware is bloat ware regardless of the os.

Your opinion. Personally I loved the album.

Your opinion doesn't equal fact.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Bono and U2 have been tied to Apple for years. Apple released a special edition U2 iPod back in 2004 as a cross-promotion with their How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb album. U2 sells a ton of albums and are quite popular. Just because you don't care for U2's music doesn't make Apple's gifting of their latest album a bad move. Perhaps if you started your own cellphone line, you could dictate what is and is not included. Of course, many would probably be criticizing your product at that point.

Moving on...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People love to b*tch for the sake of b*tching...bottom line. Apple could make an app that you can't delete off your device that gives you $1 free every day for use on the app store/iTunes store, and someone would complain about it because you can't delete it or that it wasn't $2 free.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
People love to b*tch for the sake of b*tching...bottom line. Apple could make an app that you can't delete off your device that gives you $1 free every day for use on the app store/iTunes store, and someone would complain about it because you can't delete it or that it wasn't $2 free.

Very true remember the 12 Days app and how people complained because they didn't get the Free stuff they wanted so Tim decided if you want to look a gift horse in the mouth he's not gonna offer it anymore

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Love how the OP just fled the scene because he couldn't defend his position on this.

If people here are going to start threads then at least have the decency to stick around with the discussion instead of high tailing it out of town because you can't take the heat.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Very true remember the 12 Days app and how people complained because they didn't get the Free stuff they wanted so Tim decided if you want to look a gift horse in the mouth he's not gonna offer it anymore

To be fair though, that promotion was really to get new iOS users in the app store and spending money, and my guess is the discontinuation had more to do with the fact that it probably didn't make a huge difference as far as influx of business vs. people being ungrateful for what was given...I'm going to guess that Apple, as big as it is, could care less if people were unhappy about the freebies, lol!

Love how the OP just fled the scene because he couldn't defend his position on this.

If people here are going to start threads then at least have the decency to stick around with the discussion instead of high tailing it out of town because you can't take the heat.

Typical of these hit and run type posts...sensational content that doesn't hold water, and then a quick exit before the flame suit let's the heat in too terribly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen