Southpark pretty much nailed this topic,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NexusGirlX and Chrisy like this.
    03-15-2015 01:27 AM
    so let me get this straight, Samsung forces a sea of bloatware on everyone, but gets respect from customers because they don't add a watch app to that infinitely long list of crap. Apple give away brand new music from one of the world's most famous artist for free and decides to release one additional app for the home screen, an app that does not in the slightest impact the performance of the device and that can be stowed away wherever the user wants, and they cop flak big time?
    People are funny.
    The U2 album was utter garbage. So let's not get that confused that with Apple altruism. There's a reason it was free. Bloat ware is bloat ware regardless of the os.

Chrisy likes this.
    03-15-2015 01:29 AM
    03-15-2015 11:11 AM
    What is bloatware? Is it every stock app, carrier apps, and manufacturers apps that can't be deleted? Apple has 30 undeletable apps. But most of those are actually used by most users. The "unused" folder will vary from one to another. Most will include apps like Newsstand and Stocks. Out of the 30, only 7 apps are totally useless for me. That scenario would look a lot different with an Android phone. There would be a whole lot more I would consider useless. To me, that's the difference.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    melbsteve likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:20 AM
    The U2 album was utter garbage. So let's not get that confused that with Apple altruism. There's a reason it was free. Bloat ware is bloat ware regardless of the os.

Your opinion. Personally I loved the album.

Your opinion doesn't equal fact.
    kch50428 and melbsteve like this.
    03-15-2015 11:30 AM

Bono and U2 have been tied to Apple for years. Apple released a special edition U2 iPod back in 2004 as a cross-promotion with their How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb album. U2 sells a ton of albums and are quite popular. Just because you don't care for U2's music doesn't make Apple's gifting of their latest album a bad move. Perhaps if you started your own cellphone line, you could dictate what is and is not included. Of course, many would probably be criticizing your product at that point.

Moving on...
    kch50428 likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:49 AM
    People love to b*tch for the sake of b*tching...bottom line. Apple could make an app that you can't delete off your device that gives you $1 free every day for use on the app store/iTunes store, and someone would complain about it because you can't delete it or that it wasn't $2 free.
    03-15-2015 12:31 PM
    People love to b*tch for the sake of b*tching...bottom line. Apple could make an app that you can't delete off your device that gives you $1 free every day for use on the app store/iTunes store, and someone would complain about it because you can't delete it or that it wasn't $2 free.
    Very true remember the 12 Days app and how people complained because they didn't get the Free stuff they wanted so Tim decided if you want to look a gift horse in the mouth he's not gonna offer it anymore
    reeneebob likes this.
    03-15-2015 01:39 PM
    Love how the OP just fled the scene because he couldn't defend his position on this.

If people here are going to start threads then at least have the decency to stick around with the discussion instead of high tailing it out of town because you can't take the heat.
    03-15-2015 01:57 PM
    Very true remember the 12 Days app and how people complained because they didn't get the Free stuff they wanted so Tim decided if you want to look a gift horse in the mouth he's not gonna offer it anymore
    To be fair though, that promotion was really to get new iOS users in the app store and spending money, and my guess is the discontinuation had more to do with the fact that it probably didn't make a huge difference as far as influx of business vs. people being ungrateful for what was given...I'm going to guess that Apple, as big as it is, could care less if people were unhappy about the freebies, lol!

Love how the OP just fled the scene because he couldn't defend his position on this.

If people here are going to start threads then at least have the decency to stick around with the discussion instead of high tailing it out of town because you can't take the heat.
    Typical of these hit and run type posts...sensational content that doesn't hold water, and then a quick exit before the flame suit let's the heat in too terribly.
    03-15-2015 03:49 PM
    The difference is with Android, you can root and remove what you don't want. With Apple, you can jailbreak when there is a jailbreak but can't always remove what Apple forces on you.

You can even get rid of TouchWiz completely on Android.
    In practice, not every Android device can be rooted as easily, you do need to find the right tool for it and hope that it doesn't screw anything up. My mum has a special edition ASUS tablet and it wasn't quite as straightforward to root it. Not to mention that rooting has repercussions for your warranty in some countries. I think jailbreaking and rooting are more ‘alike’ than some people would like to admit and it's difficult/risky/bothersome enough for most people to not even attempt it. For all practical purposes, you're stuck with the preloaded software on Android, not to mention that removing system-level applications (which are also hardware-related) are not as easy to disable and replace, unless you install a completely different distro of Android, like Cyanogenmod.
    03-15-2015 06:45 PM
    Im going to go ahead and say they're using the app for advertising. I seriously doubt that an app that allows you to setup  watch, is going to be permanent forever. This will be a setting soon. Its purely for advertising, at this point.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    03-15-2015 10:41 PM
    Im going to go ahead and say they're using the app for advertising. I seriously doubt that an app that allows you to setup  watch, is going to be permanent forever. This will be a setting soon. Its purely for advertising, at this point.
    I like to think that the marketing folks at Apple know what they're doing. I'm confident the decision to release an app was well thought out and they went for it in spite of the backlash they must have foreseen from some corners of the internet. Surely they're aware that pulling the app just after the watch release and suddenly integrating the set-up into the settings app would backfire even worse. They can't be that thick. Therefore I disagree with you. The app won't go anywhere anytime soon.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:08 PM
    Surely they're aware that pulling the app just after the watch release and suddenly integrating the set-up into the settings app would backfire even worse. They can't be that thick. Therefore I disagree with you. The app won't go anywhere anytime soon.
    I believe it to be an attempt to get through to people that this thing is more than just a timepiece, but a companion device to be used in tandem with your iPhone to expand it's capabilities past what's been possible with the iPhone in it's current form factor.
    kataran and melbsteve like this.
    03-16-2015 11:26 AM
    I have at least 11 apps that have been installed by Apple that I will never use. Yes I tucked them into a folder so I do not see them but they are still taking up space on my phone. It is good to know that apple is just like the rest of they platforms when it comes to adding apps some could care less about.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:19 PM
    Attachment 78993uu
    I have at least 11 apps that have been installed by Apple that I will never use. Yes I tucked them into a folder so I do not see them but they are still taking up space on my phone. It is good to know that apple is just like the rest of they platforms when it comes to adding apps some could care less about.
    03-23-2015 03:47 PM
    You DON'T have to use Apple devices, if you find the "bloat" to be egregious.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    03-23-2015 04:03 PM
    I don't mind the app, personally. However, when I originally saw it I wondered why they didn't integrate the Watch settings into the iPhone settings. But I do agree, this is for marketing as well. I don't use all the apps included, but they're there... Maybe one day I'll find them useful.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    03-23-2015 10:05 PM
    It amazes me that Newsstand is still on the iPhone. Everyone I know and everyone I've heard of do not use it. Everyone tucks it in a folder. So why is it still there? It must be lucrative for someone.

03-23-2015 10:41 PM
    First world problems.
    phreddyl likes this.
    03-23-2015 11:13 PM
    For me, I don't mind the pre-installed apps as long as I can unistall them at my free will or deactivate them or move them to a folder. I can understand though why it can be annoying to do it all over again after a phone reset...or if there are too many. Annoying yes, but not the end of the world.
    03-23-2015 11:40 PM
    First world problems.
    It's no problem with me. But I do get curious at times.

03-24-2015 09:52 AM
    It's no problem with me. But I do get curious at times.

I use it everyday on both phone and iPad.
    03-24-2015 02:01 PM
    It amazes me that Newsstand is still on the iPhone. Everyone I know and everyone I've heard of do not use it.
    I use Newsstand for magazine subscriptions. There goes your meme...
    03-24-2015 02:05 PM
    I use Newsstand for magazine subscriptions. There goes your meme...
    So, it's you!

03-24-2015 02:19 PM
95 1234