Agree, but seems they only did it to avoid a lawsuit, and only after people brought the lawsuit to the table, otherwise people still probably wouldn't be able to OTA on low storage models. Not to mention the apps on Apple take up storage just like they do on android. Just because you put them in a folder doesn't make them free up space. It's similar to disabling apps on android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't say putting them in a folder frees up space, though. I'm saying that since there isn't that many pre-installed apps that take up as much space as the bloat on Android devices do, the iPhone apps tend to have a "Just hide them and don't be reminded of them again" effect. It creeps up in Android because of storage problems.
    03-14-2015 02:01 PM
    I didn't say putting them in a folder frees up space, though. I'm saying that since there isn't that many pre-installed apps that take up as much space as the bloat on Android devices do, the iPhone apps tend to have a "Just hide them and don't be reminded of them again" effect. It creeps up in Android because of storage problems.
    That makes no sense. It only "creeps up" on low storage models, same way it would on IOS.
    03-14-2015 02:17 PM
    That makes no sense. It only "creeps up" on low storage models, same way it would on IOS.
    No. Because it isn't as much bloat. It makes a lot of sense.

It's my point to when people start yelling about this. You call this bloat? Get yourself a carrier branded Android flagship phone.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-14-2015 02:38 PM
    I dont mind the app being there. Of course its some marketing involved and that's cool. Like I said it can haunt you till you buy a watch.

Apple let people marinate on the watch since last Sept and poured some more juice on you last week to let you marinate some more and the app is a little tease for those unsure if they want the watch. Look at the images when you launch the app. They're beautiful. Its brilliant what they do.

03-14-2015 05:44 PM
    I personally dislike having apps on my phone that I can't delete. Yes, I have them a in a junk folder now, which is taking up space on my screen, and not very organized. I don't have a junk drawer at home or my office for the same reason. I'm tidy and organized and I don't have what I don't use. Even BlackBerry is doing this now though. Used to be able to hide icons on BlackBerry but no longer. Annoying to me. I agree with the OP!
    Last edited by Chrisy; 03-14-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-14-2015 06:31 PM
    K
    I wish I was you. If this is the biggest problem in your life, count yourself lucky.

He never said this was his biggest problem in Iife. Just like it's not mine. I'm surprised at how people jump to Apple's defense if someone suggest they would like a change. "I would like iPhone have cut and paste, would be handy!" "Apple didn't include it, never will and you shouldn't want it! Apple said so!"Geez. If they took away copy and paste now would you all defend that too?

The ability to hide apps would be nice. I'm sure there's an app for that, but like mentioned above, it's not so much of a concern that I'll research that. However, if Apple included that ability, you bet I would utilize and appreciate it. As would many of you yelling to just put apps in Your junk folder would use it. To me Apple is very zen in their design approach. At least Jobs approach. the junk folder doesn't jive with that.

I'm sure we can't hide apps for a specific, business, reasons. It's usually a case of follow the money to know why. Either way, this condemning a person for making a suggestion outside of Apple's box is crazy on this forum.

Are the big iMore ads your biggest problem in life? http://forums.imore.com/imore-com-si...e-app-ads.html
    Whiner.

I also would like an LED
    Last edited by Chrisy; 03-14-2015 at 06:49 PM.
    21stNow and anon8656116 like this.
    03-14-2015 06:39 PM
    Either way, this condemning a person for making a suggestion outside of Apple's box is crazy on this forum.

I also would like an LED
    Suggestions are fine by me. But making a thread extremely sarcastic like it was the biggest problem in his life seemed a bit over the top
    03-14-2015 06:50 PM
    More bloat for everyone. Yet they will say its not that bad, yet if it was an android phone/app it would make a front page story ha. But it is apple, so yeah, not going to let you uninstall the app. I think it would have been better to make it an app in the app store that those with an apple watch could go and download, but such is life lol.
    A standalone app would go great for everyone except Apple and all the people that didn't know you need an app on the iPhone for the watch. That will be in the millions and many of those people will want that Apple Watch to work immediately and will be disappointed when it doesn't becuase they didn't know they needed an update and now they can't get a connection or have to wait until they do.

Anyway, Apple must choose between these people whining about a 35MB app they didn't ask for and their customers who just bought the new Apple Watch and want a seemless experience. I wonder who they will choose?
    03-14-2015 06:54 PM
    Suggestions are fine by me. But making a thread extremely sarcastic like it was the biggest problem in his life seemed a bit over the top
    Maybe you interpreted that way. You inferred it was his biggest problem in his life. That mistake is on you. Was your ad thread indicative of your extreme upset? I dunno. To me both threads just seemed to make a point and suggestion. I didn't find this one to be threading or aggressive. OP didn't say he was sueing Apple or leaving iPhone or crying over it. Seems to just be a statement. No big whoop.
    03-14-2015 06:55 PM
    Apple may have made the decision to force the app on every iPhone due to the way the app and watch will integrate into the entire system.

On the other hand, I also use a Note 4 and own a Gear S watch. Samsung did not force the Gear manager app to be installed on every phone by default. I had to install it and was told I needed it when purchasing the watch at T-Mobile. I have respect for Samsung for not force installing the app.
    Chrisy, Premium1 and 21stNow like this.
    03-14-2015 07:02 PM
    I like the app, I've never thought about needing a smart watch until I looked at the pics in the app and thought Damn, that is kinda cool looking!

Sent from my  6+
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:04 PM
    I like the app, I've never thought about needing a smart watch until I looked at the pics in the app and thought Damn, that is kinda cool looking!

Sent from my  6+
    Bingo!
    21stNow likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:14 PM
    Maybe you interpreted that way. You inferred it was his biggest problem in his life. That mistake is on you. Was your ad thread indicative of your extreme upset? I dunno. To me both threads just seemed to make a point and suggestion. I didn't find this one to be threading or aggressive. OP didn't say he was sueing Apple or leaving iPhone or crying over it. Seems to just be a statement. No big whoop.
    I had no problem with what the OP posted until I read his "i can't control what's on my phone." That wasn't a point nor a suggestion. That was, in essence, "crying" over it.
    Reparkable likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:17 PM
    I had no problem with what the OP posted until I read his "i can't control what's on my phone." That wasn't a point nor a suggestion. That was, in essence, "crying" over it.
    Why? The statement is correct. We all know Apple is a "walled garden." This provides benefits as well as providing us with less options. However it also makes Apple more secure, fluid, cohesive and just work well together. But OP is right in that we don't have total control over our phone. Like I said I would love to simply have the option to "hide" apps. Seems a small request. Just for aesthetic and organization reasons. There's many apps I do not use. I do not like my junk folder. Am I whining or crying? No, I am making a statement and explaining it.
    03-14-2015 07:23 PM
    I personally can't believe how much time has been wasted on this topic.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-14-2015 07:23 PM
    I personally can't believe how much time has been wasted on this topic.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Could be said about the entire forum I suppose. Guess people late to waste their time on whatever they want. I don't come here much, so I see others "wasting" much more time on here than others! Whatever floats their boats! What's important to some, isn't to others. Lots of people wasting time discussing games. Something I don't get. (Actually I do).
    03-14-2015 07:27 PM
    Why? The statement is correct.
    It's his opinion. Not just a statement. I happen to disagree with the notion that we somehow can't control what we want on our iPhones. It sounds very over exaggerated.

I assume the OP is an enthusiast just as the rest of us here. Why would he not know stuff about the "walled garden" (as you put it) before making the purchase? Just because it's cool for someone to come here and make a statement of some sort doesn't mean that the person shouldn't receive opposing points of views. And I happen to think his view on this issue is quite frankly ridiculous and is tantamount to "why won't Apple give me an LED! They don't give us choices!". If it bothers you this much, stop buying the products.
    kch50428 and Reparkable like this.
    03-14-2015 07:54 PM
    The way I see some people coming here complaining about what the iPhone has that they don't like and/or what the iPhone doesn't have and they want is tantamount to going to McDonalds every day in hopes of getting a Whopper... Makes me smh in utter disbelief.
    03-14-2015 08:00 PM
    The way I see some people coming here complaining about what the iPhone has that they don't like and/or what the iPhone doesn't have and they want is tantamount to going to McDonalds every day in hopes of getting a Whopper... Makes me smh in utter disbelief.
    Guess there's a few kinds of people. Some of us make suggestions and give feedback. I often email companies or use feedback forms. I'm generally positive and back up my suggestions. Then there are those that take whatever they're given and do not care to think anymore about it. Both types are ok. Probably every product I own I see where improvements can, and oftentimes are, made. It's called innovation and progress. I take part in that process. Apple offers a place to offer suggestions as well, which I have utilized.

I agree that these forums are not the place for that kind of discussion simply because many "enthusiasts" are linked emotionally to the product they bought. In my opinion there's always room for improvement, changes and innovation. Heck, even the Whooper has changed over the years.

I will always be one to see how things can be improved. Even so far as to make things myself. Engineering is fun, improving is fun. I made great additions to my camp stove for example.

Never say never. Apple has said it will not include many features and it lacked features that were eventually added. We may have the option to hide apps, may have an LED. Look at the history of the product here.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-14-2015 08:06 PM
    Apple exercises control over its devices. That's the advantage and annoyance of Apple.

Don't mind the Watch app. Do mind not being able to downgrade OSes on devices so that they remain useable. That's the one aspect where Android devices have an edge -- I could downgrade my Nexus 7 to KitKat when Lollipop turned out to be a slow mess.

But being able to get the new iOS update within hours of its launch? That's one of the great things about Apple. Even when that means we get new apps we can't delete.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-2015 08:13 PM
    Samsung did not force the Gear manager app to be installed on every phone by default. I had to install it and was told I needed it when purchasing the watch at T-Mobile. I have respect for Samsung for not force installing the app.
    so let me get this straight, Samsung forces a sea of bloatware on everyone, but gets respect from customers because they don't add a watch app to that infinitely long list of crap. Apple give away brand new music from one of the world's most famous artist for free and decides to release one additional app for the home screen, an app that does not in the slightest impact the performance of the device and that can be stowed away wherever the user wants, and they cop flak big time?
    People are funny.
    03-14-2015 11:13 PM
    so let me get this straight, Samsung forces a sea of bloatware on everyone, but gets respect from customers because they don't add a watch app to that infinitely long list of crap. Apple give away brand new music from one of the world's most famous artist for free and decides to release one additional app for the home screen, an app that does not in the slightest impact the performance of the device and that can be stowed away wherever the user wants, and they cop flak big time?
    People are funny.
    The difference is with Android, you can root and remove what you don't want. With Apple, you can jailbreak when there is a jailbreak but can't always remove what Apple forces on you.

You can even get rid of TouchWiz completely on Android.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-2015 11:18 PM
    The difference is with Android, you can root and remove what you don't want. With Apple, you can jailbreak when there is a jailbreak but can't always remove what Apple forces on you.

You can even get rid of TouchWiz completely on Android.
    If having those hidden apps on your device bothers you that much, it may be that the iPhone is not the phone for you. Again, it's a nit, IMO.
    03-14-2015 11:23 PM
    If having those hidden apps on your device bothers you that much, it may be that the iPhone is not the phone for you. Again, it's a nit, IMO.
    I agree. I'm not the one complaining. I'm still on 8.1 because I am jailbroken and 8.X isn't worth losing that.
    03-14-2015 11:25 PM
    Based on the iOS EULA. We as the users are just being licensed to use iOS. Apple owns iOS. When we click on "I Agree" we are agreeing to whatever Apple does with iOS. So I would think the  Watch app falls under the agreement.
    So if the app is there as a temptation or annoyance Apple is within their rights to annoy or temp the user with the app.
    This is another reason why this app or any other app that can't be deleted doesn't bother because I agreed to it.

03-15-2015 01:14 AM
95 1234