Any Guys going with the 38mm??? Any Ladies going with the 42mm???

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As much as I want to pre-order, I think I will have to try on both sizes of the watch.

I have small wrists for a guy and when using the watch size demo on the Apple Store App, I think it would be best for me to see how the 42mm feels before buying it. I am hoping it will fit me as I want the bigger screen if possible.

Ladies.. any of you going with the 42mm?

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been a little torn between the sizes but I have a pebble watch and it happens to be around the same size. Obviously not exactly the same size. I'll probably be going with the 42mm. I tend to like bigger watches. I recently cancelled my pebble time steel kickstarter backing which according to the dimensions was bigger but thinner than the  watch, so I'm pretty sure the 42mm is the one for me.

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to gauge which one would be best as well... my everyday watches are 47mm so i'm thinking 42 should be best bet.. (tried measuring my wrists - around 185 mm)

...should ideally try one on before but that may not be possible..

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say my wrist is in the middle but I hate large watches. I've been wearing a small, thin Casio for years. Think I'm going with the 38. If I don't want to wear it because it's too big that defeats the purpose of getting it. Will definitely be going to the store during that two week time period to try one on to make sure.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm a guy going with the 38mm.

I prefer the smaller watch and the after reviewing the size chart, that would be a better fit for me anyway.

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm a guy with small wrists and I will definitely preorder the 38mm version. Always wore a small Casio watch, too. So I'm going to order the 38mm with link bracelet.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It would be nice if we all post our wrist size, I have a small wrist ( 170 ) but I think I'm still going with the 42mm

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to gauge which one would be best as well... my everyday watches are 47mm so i'm thinking 42 should be best bet.. (tried measuring my wrists - around 185 mm)

...should ideally try one on before but that may not be possible..

Keep in mind that your 47mm watches are probably measured in diameter, the Apple watch is 42mm tall..but at 185mm wrist you should be fine with the 42mm

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea I was actually looking at its dimensions.... I don't like a huge watch face.. But from some of the watch videos I've seen online it looks fine

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My wrist size is about 171mm. I think I have small wrists but looking at the 38mm looks a bit too small for my tastes. Tried comparing the size to my pebble, seems like the 42mm would be just fine.

I would just go try it on April 10th but I'm impatient and hate waiting. I'll just try and preorder online on the 10th then try it on afterwards.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
the size of the screen will not make much difference on most human wrists ! But, the little mentioned fact both of the watches are supposed to be 21mm or over THICK should make everybody think twice !

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
the size of the screen will not make much difference on most human wrists ! But, the little mentioned fact both of the watches are supposed to be 21mm or over THICK should make everybody think twice !

Good point, that's why the size tool on the Apple Store isn't that useful since the feel of the watch might change dramatically when you try it on just because of how thick it is

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking $350 is too much for a watch.

I'm thinking that was not the question and you came here to troll.

as for the question; I'm inclined to go 38mm as well, provided I actually get the watch. As most I will pop in a store and try it on first.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can download ARWatch and see how the sizes look on your wrist. I was on the fence for the 42mm but after seeing it, it looked better than I thought

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been back and forth about which size to get. I've just recently printed out full mock ups of the sizes and wore each for about a half hour to see which one I liked more when looking down at it randomly. I'm liking the 38mm more! I thought I'd want the larger size for more screen real estate but when it came down to actually wearing and looking at the thing, the smaller made more sense on my wrist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro