Good Article - Apple Watch Elevator Pitch: Forget the Sublime. Focus on the Mundane

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/apple-watch-elevator-pitch-forget-sublime-focus-mundane-john-c-abell

A good point made:

"But unlike the iPad, which didn't solve any obvious problems on its way to re-creating demand in a dormant product and selling considerably more more than 200 million units, Apple Watch has an established reason to exist, even if it requires a bit more than an elevator pitch, and even if Apple buried the lede.

Here it is: Apple Watch gives you back time Apple's iPhone steals from you constantly."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that article! I agree, 1st world problems, but the author makes good points. Apple is showing its moxy with the bets it is placing on the Apple Watch, and it is betting on an iPhone sized win rather than an Apple TV sized ho-hum. I look forward to not just what Apple does with it, but also what people do with it and how the competition heats up. Apple may not have nailed a one-size-fits-all elevator speech, but I don't get the feeling that they ever intended to.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Did you really think Apple is going to cast its baby (iphone) in any kind of negative light? Yeah, get the watch so you can you use the iphone less. Make no mistake. 10k watch or not, iphone is much the king. It's to be protected at all costs.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In many ways smartwatches are to smartphones as wrist watches are to pocket watches.

The ability to triage notifications with the watch as opposed to digging your phone out of your pocket or purse will be a godsend to many. Others, not so much.

If you are the latter... dont buy one and be happy too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox