What is the purpose of pre-order?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious of what pre-ordering on the 10th does for you.? The watch still won't ship until the 24th but on the 24th I can just walk into a store and buy one so what advantage is it?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In the case of the  Watch which is a wearable device it really doesn't make sense. I want to try on both sizes and gauge the fit before I buy

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I plan to visit the store on April 10th to check out the watches/bands, make my decision, and preorder on my iPhone before I leave the store, so I won't have to wait in line on the 24th. Of course, I may revisit the store on the 24th wearing my watch just to smile at the people in line!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Does a pre order mean I will have to still pick it up at a store or will they ship it to my house?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious of what pre-ordering on the 10th does for you.? The watch still won't ship until the 24th but on the 24th I can just walk into a store and buy one so what advantage is it?

You MIGHT be able to walk in to a store and buy one. Depending on the supply/demand.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. Does a pre order mean I will have to still pick it up at a store or will they ship it to my house?

Usually either/or. Not sure how this will work, but for most previous releases, you could choose to have it delivered or to pick it up in an Apple store.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I plan to visit the store on April 10th to check out the watches/bands, make my decision, and preorder on my iPhone before I leave the store, so I won't have to wait in line on the 24th. Of course, I may revisit the store on the 24th wearing my watch just to smile at the people in line!

the risk of doing that is not being able to get the watch on the 24th if you order a model that is in high demand, I will order as soon as pre orders hit and then walk into a store later that week to check them out

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
You read my mind. I've decided to preorder at midnight to assure my preferred configuration shipment gets in the queue. Then, I'll visit the store to confirm my pre-choice is ok. If it's not, I'll then cancel my preorder and try again.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just read that walk-ins (no pre-orders) will most likely not be able to buy an apple watch on April 24th. Only those who pre-order will be able to "reserve" to buy an apple watch if the demand is high. Apple is also keeping the inventory purposely low in order to better gauge the true demand of the watch on release date.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch)?Unlike other Apple product launches, there will be no long lines snaking around the block on April 24 when Apple Watch becomes available to consumers.

That is because Apple Inc. will only sell them through reservations, according to CNET.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Seems they won't have many in store, so better chance of getting one if you preorder. And won't have to deal with the chaos and madness of an apple store on a product launch day.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I would rather pre order so that I can get the version I want, and not have to stand in line. It might be in stores but the stock might be limited

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll