Do they all have the same features ?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It isn?t all that weird. The sport band is one of two bands that can?t be adjusted all that much, so naturally it would require different sizes. The other one is the modern buckle which is only available for the 38mm chassis (seems like it?s designed for women with slender wrists). All others can be adjusted. Maybe they also include two sizes precisely because it?s a sport watch (which means that any changes in the thickness of your wrist won?t be all that dramatic.

9 to 5 Mac called it odd not me.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I was tweeting with Serenity Caldwell and she says the sport watch can use the other bands. Just not the edition ones

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
So I was tweeting with Serenity Caldwell and she says the sport watch can use the other bands. Just not the edition ones

Of course it can use them (the mechanism is the same), but no other bands are designed for the Apple Watch Sport. Almost all bands have some detail in the same material as the chassis. The leather bands for instance have buckles and clasps in the same material as the chassis, but there are none available that’s made of aluminium. The same is true for the Apple Watch Edition bands, with the difference that these bands are not even sold separately.

Last edited:

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After lots of reading on the forums it sounds like the general consensus from people is the Watch is too expensive.

This will be a true test for Apple.

Apple's products have generally always been expensive.

So will this fail, or will people buy the Watch despite it being so expensive?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
After lots of reading on the forums it sounds like the general consensus from people is the Watch is too expensive.

This will be a true test for Apple.

Apple's products have generally always been expensive.

So will this fail, or will people buy the Watch despite it being so expensive?
It does seem expensive, and if any company can pull it off, it would be Apple, cuz of brand loyalty. Also, Apple consumers who want smartwatches have no choice but to buy it because it is the only smartwatch with top features that works with the IPhones. I think Apple is seeking less total sales, but bigger mark up, thus profit here.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Yes, which is why the focus has been on the differences in construction and materials of the casings and bands. Fine by me! I'm not in the market for an Edition anyway.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone was once $600 on contract, still sold record numbers, and basically made it so smartphones could succeed. If anything, the Apple Watch will actually control %50 of the market like predicted

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone was once $600 on contract, still sold record numbers, and basically made it so smartphones could succeed.
I would like to agree with you, but the difference here is that the IPhone can do much more than the watch, and in many cases better, so the $600 was justified. The watch on the other hand still requires the IPhone for many of its features to work. If it's not compelling enough, the price should go down. I for one would jump on it right away if the watch is independent or standalone. As for now, I am still thinking about it, and I can't wait to try one on to fully decide.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It does seem expensive, and if any company can pull it off, it would be Apple, cuz of brand loyalty. Also, Apple consumers who want smartwatches have no choice but to buy it because it is the only smartwatch with top features that works with the IPhones. I think Apple is seeking less total sales, but bigger mark up, thus profit here.

I agree. If anyone can pull this off it is Apple. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. My initial reaction was that there was no way I would ever spend that much. I know better than to say never though.

I do think they will sell. There are those with disposable income that will by anything Apple slaps it's name on and those that don't have the disposable income that will buy it anyway because they "have to have it". It will be fun to see how it plays out over the next year and the influence it has on the industry as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I will be getting one for sire have not decided on aluminum or stainless steel the idea of sapphire on the steel is nice though.

I have tried android wear and a pebble they are nice to me the android wear devices are ridiculously priced since it only does same as a pebble. I like the idea of an immersive experience I hope in the future I can buy an LTE model and forward phone calls and texts to the watch and leave my 6 plus at home on runs. Or when by water.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would like to agree with you, but the difference here is that the IPhone can do much more than the watch, and in many cases better, so the $600 was justified. The watch on the other hand still requires the IPhone for many of its features to work. If it's not compelling enough, the price should go down. I for one would jump on it right away if the watch is independent or standalone. As for now, I am still thinking about it, and I can't wait to try one on to fully decide.

That and the iphone at first didn't sell that well. It was reduced though it was through subs. And even more later to 199.

Fast forward to ipad. It sold well for not being able to do much either. It was basically a big ipod touch.

I would still argue the watch is like the ipad. Neither is needed. Given how much ipads have collected dust for me in the past, the watch may end up being the better buy. You can't help but use it if it's on your wrist.

I talked about this in comments but the watch will be your most used device. It will be your first line of notifications and info. That's what you have to consider in value and money spent. If you only use your ipad a couple hours a week, then how much value is that compared to a 12 hour a day, always on and nudging you, apple watch?

I wouldn't worry about what device can do more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2