03-09-2015 02:33 PM
    Collectors item.
    03-09-2015 02:34 PM
    I knew it...(laughing)....I knew it was just a matter of time before you'd post something like this.....
    03-09-2015 02:34 PM
    Aye, if I had that much for a watch, I certainly wouldn't be going for an Apple watch.
    03-09-2015 02:36 PM
    Anyone have a stack of bills laying around
    03-09-2015 02:39 PM
    Wow, was I wrong. But I don't think it's a great move for Apple. You bet it's limited because they won't sell many. I just think it sends the wrong message and hope it doesn't impact what we like about Apple.
    Just_Me_D and agarwal.apar like this.
    03-09-2015 02:40 PM
    Definitely a celebrity item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 02:43 PM
    I swear I heard someone in the audience go uhhhhh when he said 10K.

03-09-2015 02:52 PM
    This is the first time I have to actually say that Apple should have said LESS to do MORE. Why even say the price? Why not say it is a limited production item that is priced based on custom build order (or something along those lines). It makes it seem more exclusive that way, it doesn't give a jarring price tag to most of the public that just cocked an eyebrow at such a thing, and it draws the attention of the elite level people who WOULD buy this version because they feel they are getting special attention when ordering it.

Instead...we got this cheesy little blurb about how it was limited and costs $10,000. Like seeing a Ferrari commercial that says "It's red, we're making 500 of them and it costs $800,000...", who cares?

Truly a case of too much information, in my opinion.
    03-09-2015 02:52 PM
    This is the first time I have to actually say that Apple should have said LESS to do MORE. Why even say the price? Why not say it is a limited production item that is priced based on custom build order (or something along those lines). It makes it seem more exclusive that way, it doesn't give a jarring price tag to most of the public that just cocked an eyebrow at such a thing, and it draws the attention of the elite level people who WOULD buy this version because they feel they are getting special attention when ordering it.

Instead...we got this cheesy little blurb about how it was limited and costs $10,000. Like seeing a Ferrari commercial that says "It's red, we're making 500 of them and it costs $800,000...", who cares?

I agree.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus
    03-09-2015 02:56 PM
    wasn't as smooothhhhh....
    03-09-2015 02:56 PM
    Jeez they go up to 17K

03-09-2015 03:30 PM
    Also comes with 2 years AppleCare... - a 3rd year of AppleCare+ will cost extra.
    03-09-2015 05:07 PM
    2 years of AC on the Edition Watch?

03-09-2015 05:44 PM

Furthering on your point on exclusivity, I think it's cheesy to even offer it online to order. This should be a "come to us" type thing. I understand that it will only be available in select stores, but I still think that would make it even more of an "edition" type-watch.
    03-09-2015 06:02 PM
    If I could drop 10K like Kim K on a  Watch. I'm not ordering it online. I'm not going to a store to get it unless I had security.
    They would have to come to the crib like Jacob The Jeweler. Lol

cyberpaw likes this.
    03-09-2015 06:40 PM
    03-09-2015 07:09 PM
    03-09-2015 07:14 PM
    Judging by comments especially from the apple fans, it's not going over too well. Hope they don't redefine themselves out of the market or at least some negative goodwill. Combined with a MacBook downgraded to one port, a lousy kb, and a slow processor. It wasn't a great event.
    03-09-2015 07:20 PM
    $10,000 for a watch isn't even that much. If someone is going to strap a $50,000 Rolex on their wrist I don't think that same person will scoff maybe trying an Apple Watch Edition for a mere $10,000 if it will work with their iPhone. We commoners are the market for that watch.
    03-09-2015 07:37 PM
    Judging by comments especially from the apple fans, it's not going over too well. Hope they don't redefine themselves out of the market or at least some negative goodwill. Combined with a MacBook downgraded to one port, a lousy kb, and a slow processor. It wasn't a great event.
    It wasn't really downgraded...it's kind of a market they left years ago and came back to. Mid range notebook...there is still a pro, and still an air, and I think this is for the people who wanted a little more than the air but not quite the pro. I'm personally waiting on a new pro because it's coming time for me to upgrade soon.
    kch50428 likes this.
    03-09-2015 07:45 PM
    It wasn't really downgraded...it's kind of a market they left years ago and came back to. Mid range notebook...there is still a pro, and still an air, and I think this is for the people who wanted a little more than the air but not quite the pro. I'm personally waiting on a new pro because it's coming time for me to upgrade soon.
    I didn't quite get the name. Thanks for explaining. Everyone has been talking 12" mba and all.
    03-09-2015 08:00 PM
    $10,000 for a watch isn't even that much. If someone is going to strap a $50,000 Rolex on their wrist I don't think that same person will scoff maybe trying an Apple Watch Edition for a mere $10,000 if it will work with their iPhone. We commoners are the market for that watch.
    Most people don't buy the really expensive timepieces just for show or without much consideration of how their money is being spent. A Rolex will retain its value and perhaps even appreciate in value. Rich people value their money. I mean, that's a big reason why they're rich. The people who spend money on the high-end Swiss timepieces are buying them because of the history, because of the intricacies of the movements, because of the attention to detail and craft. Watches that are in the thousands of dollars price range are assembled by hand, with their pieces of the movement polished by hand. The Apple Watch is made by machine in China, and it's functionally the same regardless of price point.

The Apple Watch Edition is made for people like Kim Kardashian or Kanye West. I really don't see many from the high-end crowd finding much appeal. (Indeed, if you go to forums like Watchuseek--a hangout for people who buy and/or collect expensive timepieces--you'll find probably most people think the Edition is ridiculous.)
    03-09-2015 08:10 PM
    (Indeed, if you go to forums like Watchuseek--a hangout for people who buy and/or collect expensive timepieces--you'll find probably most people think the Edition is ridiculous.)
    Once upon a time, the "industry" and ardent followers thought the iPhone was ridiculous...
    robbrick likes this.
    03-09-2015 08:13 PM
    I do agree that the first people you'll see wearing the Edition are the ones that rhyme words in a sentence and call it a "song" like Jay-K or whatever that untalented guy's name is.
    HAWK likes this.
    03-09-2015 08:18 PM
72 123