To be honest, I doubt even true credible luxury watchmakers would attempt to charge this high for a watch people would actually pay 10k for. That's how crazy this news is.

Yes, it is clearly an attempt to push the hype level up to a 100, and nothing else.
    03-10-2015 04:17 PM
    To be honest, I doubt even true credible luxury watchmakers would attempt to charge this high for a watch people would actually pay 10k for. That's how crazy this news is.

Yes, it is clearly an attempt to push the hype level up to a 100, and nothing else.
    Let's be honest it's a watch for Jay Z to purchase, they just wanted to make it a public option.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus
    03-10-2015 04:49 PM
    Let's be honest it's a watch for Jay Z to purchase, they just wanted to make it a public option.

Well, that's true...just another vehicle to generate loads of hype
    HAWK likes this.
    03-10-2015 04:49 PM
    Well, that's true...just another vehicle to generate loads of hype
    It's no different then the blackberry Porsche model

03-10-2015 04:54 PM
    It's no different then the blackberry Porsche model

True, but we all know Blackberry does this, and no one else can do it within the luxury smartphone department, which admittedly is small, but we all know Blackberry can do this. It being a Porsche design actually makes the whole thing work.

But Apple coming out straight and saying their smartwatch costs 10K, while luxury watch brands chuckle, doesn't work unfortunately...
    03-10-2015 05:06 PM
    I was like... Ah. Nope.
    03-10-2015 05:12 PM
    I have to say that as someone who isn't actually interested in purchasing one of these things, I'm fascinated by the immediate reactions and the dynamics surrounding the apple watch as a whole. Apple has done a superb job in creating all the buzz and hype out of this.
    Isn't that their strategy? Get everyone overly hyped and even a few who weren't will be sucked in. Then BAM! More sales.
    03-10-2015 05:14 PM
    30 to 50 times the difference in price? No. Not like the Apple Watch Sport vs the Apple Watch Edition.
    That is mainly because other companies don't make 'entry-level' watches for under $1,000. I am not getting an Edition because I want the Watch for working out, going out, etc. I would not feel comfortable wearing an 18K gold watch in the gym. That's just me. I am less flashy than others. Also, since this is a tech product, I wouldn't buy one every year either.
    03-10-2015 05:47 PM
    Didn't he basically say he was going to before the prices were even announced?
    I hope he does buy more than one. It will be funny to see the CB trolls, and the trolls who get after him for having the audacity to buy an iPhone, all explode simultaneously. It will be a troll Supernova. I'll buy the popcorn.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-11-2015 01:44 PM
    I hope he does buy more than one. It will be funny to see the CB trolls, and the trolls who get after him for having the audacity to buy an iPhone, all explode simultaneously. It will be a troll Supernova. I'll buy the popcorn.
    It will be even more fun to watch than the time he spent like two grand on the gold 5S. It was hysteria over there.
    03-11-2015 01:48 PM
    True, but we all know Blackberry does this, and no one else can do it within the luxury smartphone department, which admittedly is small, but we all know Blackberry can do this. It being a Porsche design actually makes the whole thing work.

But Apple coming out straight and saying their smartwatch costs 10K, while luxury watch brands chuckle, doesn't work unfortunately...
    Except that those are niche within niche within niche products with a nonexistent ecosystem and so many problems that personally I don't think they're worth 200 bucks. So you're buying a half functioning ugly as sin device for the cachet of saying you paid 2K bucks for it. At least with an Apple product you are buying *quality* design, a *quality* ecosystem, and the BEST support in the industry. What do you get when you buy a BlackBerry? Nothing that can be described as being in the same quality as an Apple product. Tell it to the people who bought Playbooks isntead of iPads. Thankfully I dropped my Playbook like a hot potato.

People buy luxury products because they want to and because they can and because it's fashionable. And 20 bucks says you'll see Apple Edition watches on starlets and music artists.
    mikeo007 and blackmagicwoman like this.
    03-11-2015 01:51 PM
    It will be even more fun to watch than the time he spent like two grand on the gold 5S. It was hysteria over there.
    oh baby tell me about it!!!! I overdosed on popcorn with Tabasco.
    03-11-2015 01:52 PM
    I have to say that as someone who isn't actually interested in purchasing one of these things, I'm fascinated by the immediate reactions and the dynamics surrounding the apple watch as a whole. Apple has done a superb job in creating all the buzz and hype out of this.
    If I could, I'd buy the rose gold. It's gorgeous. So if I were someone's trophy wife or little side nookie, I'd make sure he would be bringing home one of those.
    kataran likes this.
    03-11-2015 01:54 PM
    So much overthinking in this thread. Most of us complained about a $25 dollar spare lightning cable but bought them anyway

I believe the Edition price is way over the top but it will sell very well. Americans have money and want to show it off

They know that if there at a gala and sitting along side someone wearing a Rolex and they are sporting an Edition all eyes will be on there wrist. Just the way it is
    qbnkelt likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:26 PM
    Is there still people over there?
    03-11-2015 04:58 PM
    So much overthinking in this thread. Most of us complained about a $25 dollar spare lightning cable but bought them anyway

I believe the Edition price is way over the top but it will sell very well. Americans have money and want to show it off

They know that if there at a gala and sitting along side someone wearing a Rolex and they are sporting an Edition all eyes will be on there wrist. Just the way it is
    I'll put money on it right now that watch will be heavily pushed to western Canadian provinces and Western U.S states. (Oil money)
    03-11-2015 05:00 PM
    Is there still people over there?
    Oh yah....plenty of residents.....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    03-11-2015 06:11 PM
    Oh yah....plenty of residents.....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    qbnkelt likes this.
    03-11-2015 06:14 PM

You literally have ZERO idea whether it will work or not...just because it's not even within the realm of consideration for you doesn't mean it's some sort of broken marketing plan. And as hilarious as the price is, there is a fairly large sector that would laugh at the idea of spending $1,000 on a smart phone that will be obsolete in a few years...but guess what? We have tons of people in this forum community alone that did just that!

It's all relative...and while I might sit and laugh at the idea of spending $10,000-$17,000 on an Apple Watch...I, in no way, deny Apple's ability to make something like this work. If any company can do it, Apple is definitely one of the best bets.

My wife's boss just spent $9,000 on a freakin' purse...so there's plenty of money out there for this kind of stuff.
    kch50428 and Speedygi like this.
    03-11-2015 07:02 PM
    03-11-2015 07:06 PM
    And i thought $10,000 was expensive.
    Half a Mil, wow!
    ,000...-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1431126072.368907.jpg
    05-08-2015 07:01 PM
    I must admit that the Edition line is gorgeous.
    05-08-2015 07:23 PM
72 123