Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dolls_Laughing.gif

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I knew it...(laughing)....I knew it was just a matter of time before you'd post something like this.....:)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Wow, was I wrong. But I don't think it's a great move for Apple. You bet it's limited because they won't sell many. I just think it sends the wrong message and hope it doesn't impact what we like about Apple.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I swear I heard someone in the audience go uhhhhh when he said 10K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I have to actually say that Apple should have said LESS to do MORE. Why even say the price? Why not say it is a limited production item that is priced based on custom build order (or something along those lines). It makes it seem more exclusive that way, it doesn't give a jarring price tag to most of the public that just cocked an eyebrow at such a thing, and it draws the attention of the elite level people who WOULD buy this version because they feel they are getting special attention when ordering it.

Instead...we got this cheesy little blurb about how it was limited and costs $10,000. Like seeing a Ferrari commercial that says "It's red, we're making 500 of them and it costs $800,000...", who cares?

Truly a case of too much information, in my opinion.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I have to actually say that Apple should have said LESS to do MORE. Why even say the price? Why not say it is a limited production item that is priced based on custom build order (or something along those lines). It makes it seem more exclusive that way, it doesn't give a jarring price tag to most of the public that just cocked an eyebrow at such a thing, and it draws the attention of the elite level people who WOULD buy this version because they feel they are getting special attention when ordering it.

Instead...we got this cheesy little blurb about how it was limited and costs $10,000. Like seeing a Ferrari commercial that says "It's red, we're making 500 of them and it costs $800,000...", who cares?

I agree.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Furthering on your point on exclusivity, I think it's cheesy to even offer it online to order. This should be a "come to us" type thing. I understand that it will only be available in select stores, but I still think that would make it even more of an "edition" type-watch.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If I could drop 10K like Kim K on a  Watch. I'm not ordering it online. I'm not going to a store to get it unless I had security.
They would have to come to the crib like Jacob The Jeweler. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Judging by comments especially from the apple fans, it's not going over too well. Hope they don't redefine themselves out of the market or at least some negative goodwill. Combined with a MacBook downgraded to one port, a lousy kb, and a slow processor. It wasn't a great event.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
$10,000 for a watch isn't even that much. If someone is going to strap a $50,000 Rolex on their wrist I don't think that same person will scoff maybe trying an Apple Watch Edition for a mere $10,000 if it will work with their iPhone. We commoners are the market for that watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW