How will Apple Pay work with Apple Watch?

bnpluss

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I've spent some time thinking about this, and I can't seem to figure out how the Apple Watch will work with Apple Pay - specifically with the iPhone 5/5S. I understand that it will have an NFC chip in it, but how will the authentication work? I figure that the iPhone 5S/6/6S can authenticate via Touch ID, and the watch will only be authenticated until you remove it from your wrist, at which point I assume you will have to re-authenticate upon putting the watch back on. But how will authentication work with the iPhone 5 for Apple Pay? Thoughts?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've spent some time thinking about this, and I can't seem to figure out how the Apple Watch will work with Apple Pay - specifically with the iPhone 5/5S. I understand that it will have an NFC chip in it, but how will the authentication work? I figure that the iPhone 5S/6/6S can authenticate via Touch ID, and the watch will only be authenticated until you remove it from your wrist, at which point I assume you will have to re-authenticate upon putting the watch back on. But how will authentication work with the iPhone 5 for Apple Pay? Thoughts?

I think a passcode of some sort would have to be put in each time you remove the watch and put it back on. We'll know more Monday though :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro