Can my watch sync with data collected from other devices?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Watch syncing with data collected from other devices

Hi, I am defintiely getting the apple watch, but will be hesitant to wear it when playing hockey, and also know I won't be able to wear it at night while sleeping since it will be charging. For this reason I am also considering getting a Fitbit for these specific times. My question is if the data the Fitbit collects will sync ultimately with the data that the watch collects on daily goals, etc.? For example, I have been wearing the watch all day and almost closed my fitness loop. I take it off to play a hockey game and put my Fitbit on. Will the watch close the loop since it recognizes the activity collected by the Fitbit? Also, I haven't used the Apple health app, had no reason to, but is the intention to merge all data collected from all devices throughout the day in one central place?

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Watch syncing with data collected from other devices

Fitbit specifically has said they are not going to report data to Apple's Health app. Other fitness bands do though. I think the data collected by the watch will be recorded in the Health app so you probably want to look for a band that reports there as well. Not sure if the data that gets in the Health app will be reported back to the watch or not though.

Yeh, I think there is an app that syncs from Fitbit to the health app so hopefully the daily goals that the watch reports will include activity from other devices collected in the health app. It is hard for me to believe that apple hasn't thought of this already, especially since people may have to wear other devices during certain activity like swimming and overnight while phone is charging.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I really hope the watch pulls in data from all sources in the health app. That would really stink if it didn't.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Anybody have an answer to my OP now that more people have had their hands on the device?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

If the device puts the data to the Health app then you would be good. Also iPhone devs who create a watch version of their app. The app will have the same data the iPhone version has. Like was said though Fitbit already took a stand against Apple probably because the Watch gets into their market. They aren't putting data to the Health app. So by extension I doubt the will have a watch version of the Fitbit app. This is specific to Fitbit other fitness bands will be on a device by device basis.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

If the device puts the data to the Health app then you would be good. Also iPhone devs who create a watch version of their app. The app will have the same data the iPhone version has. Like was said though Fitbit already took a stand against Apple probably because the Watch gets into their market. They aren't putting data to the Health app. So by extension I doubt the will have a watch version of the Fitbit app. This is specific to Fitbit other fitness bands will be on a device by device basis.

Thank you. Fitbit users have a solution. It is called sync solver. For anyone wondering.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro