Lines and Camping Out for the  Watch?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about this recently. Just like with the first gen iPhone and iPad, there were huge lines and people camping out for days. With this being a new first-gen product from Apple, do you think we will see lines like the OG iPhone and iPad? Also, if you plan on buying the  Watch, do you plan on camping out for it?

I am still hesitant about camping out for it, but I would like to. If the demand is there for the  Watch and there are others going to camp out I will go, but if I can just walk into the Apple Store later on launch day, I probably won't camp out.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I think people (I know I will) want to check out the models/bands before committing to one. They're going to be expensive, and a specialty accessory. I'm leaning towards the stainless w/link bracelet, but may have to make a different selection based on my budget. So, a preorder is not in the cards for me, and waiting in line for an unknown acceptable configuration isn't either.

I look forward to going to the store, looking over all the configurations, trying the two sizes on to see which fits best for my wrist, and only then deciding which to buy.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think people (I know I will) want to check out the models/bands before committing to one. They're going to be expensive, and a specialty accessory. I'm leaning towards the stainless w/link bracelet, but may have to make a different selection based on my budget. So, a preorder is not in the cards for me, and waiting in line for an unknown acceptable configuration isn't either.

I look forward to going to the store, looking over all the configurations, trying the two sizes on to see which fits best for my wrist, and only then deciding which to buy.

That's a good point. Maybe they won't do pre-orders because of the fact that people will want to try one on and mix and match the bands before buying. I hope if lines do form, they don't make you commit beforehand while you're in line on what watch you want like the iPhones. I'm guessing that if lines form, they will let people into the store to play with the different models and then let them purchase after they have a look at all the band and watch configurations.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hmm it seems that Apple is trying a new strategy with letting people try the watch out for a couple of weeks before it goes on sale at the stores. Is this a way to alleviate the hype or will this just make the lines at launch on the 24th of April that much longer I wonder?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm it seems that Apple is trying a new strategy with letting people try the watch out for a couple of weeks before it goes on sale at the stores. Is this a way to alleviate the hype or will this just make the lines at launch on the 24th of April that much longer I wonder?

I personally think they'll be longer. Most people don't know about the  Watch, so by putting it in stores to try on for 2 weeks should increase the amount of people interested in it. I'll be camping out no matter what though :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There will be lines. It's all about where you can buy it at. Only one choice really. I'd say it comes down to wanting a specific model. The black sport. The black stainless steel or a particular band such as Milanese which seems popular.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
There will be lines. It's all about where you can buy it at. Only one choice really. I'd say it comes down to wanting a specific model. The black sport. The black stainless steel or a particular band such as Milanese which seems popular.

On Mac Rumors forums, the most popular is the  Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray with Black band. 1/3 of all the voters chose that one as the one they will buy. Unfortunately, that's also the one I want haha :)

If I can't get one reserved during pre-orders, I will have to try my luck in line. I will still camp out even if I pre-order though, because I think the atmosphere and hype of the crowds is awesome :D

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Save yourself the time and headache and just a couple more weeks (if they are sold out, which I doubt). You're waiting this long, what's another week or two. This isn't like a high profile college basketball or football game that happens once or twice a year. You will be able to walk in with ease a few weeks after launch and make your purchase.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Save yourself the time and headache and just a couple more weeks (if they are sold out, which I doubt). You're waiting this long, what's another week or two. This isn't like a high profile college basketball or football game that happens once or twice a year. You will be able to walk in with ease a few weeks after launch and make your purchase.

I know, I just like camping out:)

lazaruz

Nov 11, 2000
Visit site
I was in line for 1st gen ipad. And the 'line' was about 10-20 people long and I had my iPad within a hour of store opening. Which was completely different for ipad 2 or any of the iPhone's. I'm gonna order on line and hope to pickup on the 24th

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
They'll be lines, but I don't think they'll be huge.

Since they'll be on display in the stores 2 weeks early, and people will be able to pre-order, that should ease up the need to camp for it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait until more places have it to go and test it out. Not in any hurry to get one, if I decide to get one after playing with one in store anyway.

Not to mention I have this thing called a job, and not taking off for any piece of tech lol, it's not that important. And the only camping I do is out in the woods.

omakone

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
They actually are doing pre-orders. The Apple watches will be in the stores starting April 10, that is the same day pre-orders start. I spoke to the local Apple store manager yesterday. I have see a few stores that Apple was going to implement a reservation system to come in and try out the Apple watch. The manager told me that he could not confirm anything but keep checking Apple.com for any new information regarding a reservation system.

My plan is to check out the watch in store and then pre-order it online. I know that this is going to probably mean I will not get the watch until sometime in May or June, since I live in the pacific timezone and the Apple store does not open until 10am pst/1pm EST. I figure that the initial shipments will be long gone by that time. However, I have yet to be let down by any of my Apple products, but with something as personal as a watch, I want to make sure that it is something that I can live with for the next 2-3 years.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna pre order first, the 42mm space gray with black band.. I'll then go to the store to check it out... If for some reason Something happens I'd change the order but I doubt it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR