Will you ditch your current wearable fitness band or smartwatch for the Apple Watch, or will you combine what you have with the Apple Watch, or will Apple's new watch be your first wearable tech?

I have a Pebble (sadly no longer functional) which I will (and always planned to) replace with the Apple Watch. I personally never felt the need for a wearable until the Pebble was introduced, but different strokes for different folks.
    02-17-2015 11:48 PM
    Not completely sure I'm going to get the apple watch just yet. Im using a jawbone up fitness band, it works pretty good. I'm going to wait awhile for other users reviews before I make a final decision.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    02-18-2015 12:58 AM
    I have 2 phones: a Moto X 2014 and an iPhone 6. For my Moto, I will use the Pebble with that and the Apple Watch with my iPhone. So to answer the question, I won't ditch my Pebble, but it definitely won't be my first choice for a wearable after the Apple Watch comes out.
    02-18-2015 01:34 AM
    Not completely sure I'm going to get the apple watch just yet. Im using a jawbone up fitness band, it works pretty good. I'm going to wait awhile for other users reviews before I make a final decision.

So you'll be using it for fitness mostly I take it? I'm thinking the Apple Watch will be more feature-filled for fitness purposes than the Up but I've never tried an Up before. Does the Up do heart rate monitoring?
    02-18-2015 10:46 AM
    I have 2 phones: a Moto X 2014 and an iPhone 6. For my Moto, I will use the Pebble with that and the Apple Watch with my iPhone. So to answer the question, I won't ditch my Pebble, but it definitely won't be my first choice for a wearable after the Apple Watch comes out.
    Nice!! I probably would do what you're doing if I had 2 phones and my Pebble still worked!
    02-18-2015 10:47 AM
    So you'll be using it for fitness mostly I take it? I'm thinking the Apple Watch will be more feature-filled for fitness purposes than the Up but I've never tried an Up before. Does the Up do heart rate monitoring?
    Yeah, for the most part. Yes it does, I like how it's barely noticeable on my wrist & not in the way. That's why I've kinda held out on purchasing a smart watch.

02-18-2015 11:02 AM
    I had a Garmin fenix 2 that I just replaced with the fenix 3. Since the Garmin lines up better with what I need, mainly activity tracking for runs, hiking, and cycling with the notifications being a bonus, and really good battery life (about a week including workouts), I will be sticking with it and waiting on gen 2 of the Apple Watch. The fitness features of the Apple Watch are considerably lacking compared to others designed for fitness.
    02-18-2015 07:57 PM
    If you're interested in wearables , check out MobileNations wearables forum, Connectedly.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    eyecrispy likes this.
    02-19-2015 12:01 AM
    If you're interested in wearables , check out MobileNations wearables forum, Connectedly.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    Thanks for that! I did not know about that!
    02-19-2015 12:06 AM
    I had a Garmin fenix 2 that I just replaced with the fenix 3. Since the Garmin lines up better with what I need, mainly activity tracking for runs, hiking, and cycling with the notifications being a bonus, and really good battery life (about a week including workouts), I will be sticking with it and waiting on gen 2 of the Apple Watch. The fitness features of the Apple Watch are considerably lacking compared to others designed for fitness.
    Interesting! I thought Apple had it all figured out. I didn't know there were wearables with better fitness features than what the Apple Watch is supposed to have!
    02-19-2015 12:08 AM
    Yeah, for the most part. Yes it does, I like how it's barely noticeable on my wrist & not in the way. That's why I've kinda held out on purchasing a smart watch.

Got you. Makes sense. I guess I'm more looking for the "bells and whistles" and won't mind so much that it's clunkier than a fitness wrist band. But like I said, different strokes!
    02-19-2015 12:10 AM
    Do you guys know if the apple watch will pull in all data from the health app including other wearable devices? For example I have almost closed my fitness loop for the day on my watch. Mid day I take a swim and take off my watch and put on another wearable that is more geared to water activities. It records my swim. After I put my apple watch back on. Will it show the progress on my fitness loop on account of my swim while wearing the other device?
    03-07-2015 10:37 AM
    I would think that if your swim syncs to your phone, you'll be able to view the information on your Apple Watch because it pulls info from the phone...won't know for sure until two days from now when they spill the beans (if they even go into that much detail, might have to wait until the watch is let loose in the wild).
    03-07-2015 10:42 AM
    Do you guys know if the apple watch will pull in all data from the health app including other wearable devices? For example I have almost closed my fitness loop for the day on my watch. Mid day I take a swim and take off my watch and put on another wearable that is more geared to water activities. It records my swim. After I put my apple watch back on. Will it show the progress on my fitness loop on account of my swim while wearing the other device?
    Probably as long as the swim device reports to the health app.
    03-07-2015 10:57 AM
    I will wear my fitbit along with the apple watch when it is released. And I will also be getting a Pebble Time Steel when that is released also. I plan to use the fitbit til it dies....lol

Iphone 4/Ipad > IPhone 5s/iPad Air
    03-07-2015 09:04 PM
    I wear a Pebble.

It's getting ditched, period.

I may buy both a Pebble Time AND an Apple Watch of some kind. They seem very different devices, and my mood may vary by day.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    03-07-2015 11:00 PM
    Just too damn much for a peripheral to my iPhone.

At that cost I would be looking for my phone to be replaced by a 'wearable'.
    03-09-2015 03:01 PM
    My wife and I have a Pebble currently but will be giving it to our nephew and niece when we get our Watch Sport.

We're going to be having a child soon and I think for my wife more so then me, it's going to be extremely useful. She'll be able to answer calls and reply to texts while having both hands free for the baby.

Of course parents have been doing fine without a smart watch since the beginning of time, but for our family, it's going to be a great tool.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    03-10-2015 11:54 AM
    I would think that if your swim syncs to your phone, you'll be able to view the information on your Apple Watch because it pulls info from the phone...won't know for sure until two days from now when they spill the beans (if they even go into that much detail, might have to wait until the watch is let loose in the wild).
    Figures they didn't say beans about this!!
    03-11-2015 06:11 AM
    I've got a pebble and Fitbit Surge right now. The Surge is my daily driver for now. I did just order the Pebble Time. Will use both. No Apple Watch for me. Price point too high with poor battery life.

Come over to Connectedly (iMore's sister site) if you're interested in discussing wearables.
    03-11-2015 06:45 AM