Loop magnetic-fastening watch straps

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm familiar with Milanese mesh normal watch straps but the whole concept of a magnetic loop single strap, like the Milanese Loop on the Apple Watch is alien to me. I had a velcro loop on a cheap sports watch I had years back but that's not the same thing as the Velcro kept it securely fastened.

I love the concept and look of the Milanese Loop though and I think i'd like to get my Apple Watch with one of these to swap out. Does anyone on here have any experience of any other watches with a similar magnetic metal loop strap and can confirm whether it is a secure method of securing your watch to your wrist please? I can't help the feeling that the magnet would need to be hellishly strong to afford the sort of security I would want and surely that would mean it would attract other ferrous objects (depending on the directions of the magnet poles of course)?

I understand and appreciate that Apple have already thought of the answer but i'm intrigued to hear from real world users of other watches with a similarly styled magnetic loop bracelet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a watch a while back that had a magnetic strap and it worked well. I don't recall the make of it, though, but not once did it fall off or felt as if it would. I assume the one you're referencing will work just as well...:)

oroloi

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I really like the look of the Milanese Loop Bracelet and was also wondering how secure it will be. From what JustMe'D says I feel a little more confident and sure Apple has done its homework to get it right..........lets wait and see

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I assume Apple has put a lot of work into making sure that the strap will work as intended. I assume it'll likely be just as good as the magnet on the Smart Cover

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal