Apple Watch - what happened?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Understandable but someone else may feel these things are already evident. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe the next iteration will be better for you.

Edit: BTW...I also have a GS5 & wouldn't even consider the Gear because it's not very fashion forward. You & so many others love it. It's just a difference in opinions.
I too have a Samsung GS5, but may consider the new IPhone 6 or 6 Plus cuz of their simple and modern design, and finally with a bigger screen. However, I love my Samsung Gear 2, and absolutely sold on the Gear S for its simple and modern curvy design, and its standalone features. Why can't I have the new IPhones with the new Gear S??? :(

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh my, what scary *** clown showed up at your birthday party? ;)

These ones!

qegamuda.jpg

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. "I am not here to troll" rates with Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech. Like with a politician says "in all honesty". Not buying it.

I've been a high school teacher for 35 years. When a student begins explaining something with "Coach, I promise..." I automatically assume what they say next is less than truthful.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Too soon to say anything really .. Battery life is huge for me and charge every night won't work for me .. They said about local storage ? How many gb etc and only entry price was released .. I'll see how this plays out before I even think about getting one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a traditional watch guy I like my swiss automatic's over these smart watches any day, with that said I was disappointed with the apple watch also. Was hoping for a nice small watch that accented my 5S not something that reminds me of a chunky bar and needs to tether to my phone.
I'm sure refined versions will be released in the future.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Digital Crown, imo, is unnecessary and archaic because there is no need to zoom anything on an already small screen.
it is not just for zooming. It's also used to navigate through the device.
Having that physical dial is clumsy and inefficient.
Have you used the Watch before to be able to make such a definitive statement?
By the time you turn it to zoom and then tap to select your target, mind as well fetch out your phone.
Have you used the Watch before?
A smartwatch is supposed to make things more quickly and easily via swipes or voice commands.
According to whom?
Who in the own right mind would want to zoom to look at a pict on a tiny screen? When your hands are tied up, voice commands or swipes are far more efficient then to turn a dial.
Who in their right mind would try so hard to convey his personal preferences on how a device that he did not make should have been? Yet, here you are.

Having the Digital Crown can cause wear and tear to its mechanism down the road, like the “Pearl” of the Blackberry Pearl phone.
Now you're being silly. None of the Blackberry devices I've owned, including the pearl, were ever damaged. Having said that, why do some smartphones get scratched and nicked while inside a protective casing?

Samsung and Google got it better, imo. They really highlight easy swipes and their respective voice commands.
You could very well be right.

Furthermore, the Digital Crown button looks way too archaic. Apple is known for simple, clean, and modern designs, that knob thing, although it looks classy, makes the whole look not modern at all, to me. Samsung Gear S, on the other hand, looks very modern and futuristic…and DIFFERENT, and can do way more than the Apple Watch.

Okay, but which company will sell more, in your humble opinion? If it turns out to be Apple, will you man up and admit that your preferences didn't add up to a hill of beans and Consumers, as a whole, thought otherwise?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a traditional watch guy I like my swiss automatic's over these smart watches any day,
Same here. I wear a watch everyday and have been for years.
with that said I was disappointed with the apple watch also.
No problem. Personally, I wasn't
Was hoping for a nice small watch that accented my 5S not something that reminds me of a chunky bar and needs to tether to my phone.
I'm sure refined versions will be released in the future.
Time will tell....:)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Same here. I wear a watch everyday and have been for years. No problem. Personally, I wasn't Time will tell....:)

Not even sure why you're continuing with that guy... lol.

I know damn well he a crown would be useful when his hands are dirty and/or wet and the touchscreen isn't responsive.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not even sure why you're continuing with that guy... lol.

I know damn well he a crown would be useful when his hands are dirty and/or wet and the touchscreen isn't responsive.

You know me....I'll converse with anybody....until I start getting irritated....(laughing)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You know me....I'll converse with anybody....until I start getting irritated....(laughing)

Lol. I know. I remember when I would do the same. Retail has changed me!

I wonder if they actually watched the keynote fully to see what the watch will be able to do.

The app makers that are already on board.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well as always Apple is late but when they come, its with a bang. They spend a lot of time on their devices and features; Siri took 5-8 years (I can't remember which) to create and other companies have followed. I am a smartwatch follower and I have to admit I was very amazed by the Apple Watch. To me Apple has nothing else to prove; they put something out and no matter if we love it or not, its selling. If they would've waited any longer it would've been a huge issue because people like what they see with Samsung Gear/ Android Wear, they want it too! I know I do. Pebble isn't cutting it, Kreyos or any other watch that works with Apple; its just not the same.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person excited about Apple Watch besides my friends. LOL I mean... watch the keynote! Its awesome.

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Well as always Apple is late but when they come, its with a bang. They spend a lot of time on their devices and features; Siri took 5-8 years (I can't remember which) to create and other companies have followed. I am a smartwatch follower and I have to admit I was very amazed by the Apple Watch. To me Apple has nothing else to prove; they put something out and no matter if we love it or not, its selling. If they would've waited any longer it would've been a huge issue because people like what they see with Samsung Gear/ Android Wear, they want it too! I know I do. Pebble isn't cutting it, Kreyos or any other watch that works with Apple; its just not the same.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person excited about Apple Watch besides my friends. LOL I mean... watch the keynote! Its awesome.

Having to carry your phone with you everywhere is not awesome.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Innovate design will be a moot issue if it outsells all of its competitors and it is a safe bet that it might. Then what? Will those who purchased the Watch be considered mindless idiots with no taste for design or will they be happy customers going about their business and sporting their new Watches?

Bang on. People, usually Apple-haters, always seem to hang this label onto Apple. "Oh Apple doesn't innovate, look at the design from the 4 to the 5 to the 6, lololol"

To them I say that Apple may not innovate in any way that the average user can see but every day, in ever way, they are getting better and better.

They take a great design and think "how can we make this BETTER?" if the 'better' means subtle changes under the hood then so be it. Innovation does not and never has meant sweeping changes and people need to understand this. Apple is a world leader because they know exactly what they are doing and don't make large leaps, like Samsung and others do (and look at the poor overall quality of their devices) and every change Apple makes it designed to tweak the performance or functionality to make the device perform better.

I swear that people seem to hate on Apple because it's the hip thing that all the 'cool kids' are doing. I know plenty of people that mock me for having Apple devices (and I care not one jot what others think of me) but have not ever tried an Apple device themselves. On the rare occasions when I have managed to get a few Android die-hards to use an iPhone, they have been blown away by the fluidity of the OS and the sturdy yet beautiful designs of the unit. In fact, my girlfriend, a staunch Android user, is ditching her Samsung and having my 5S when I get my iPhone 6 next week.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Having to carry your phone with you everywhere is not awesome.

It is for me. I always wear a watch and carry my phone with me AT ALL TIMES. I need the phone for work, so it goes with me wherever I go and I am of the generation that likes watches and always wear one when out of the house. I even collect them, I have a number of Breitlings, Rolexes, Omegas and Tags and can't wait to add an Apple watch to the list. I would have preferred a round face but the Apple Watch looks like a nicely put together bit of kit that will compliment my wardrobe perfectly with the right strap.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I think the Apple watch albeit that it does look good compared to the LG G watch and galaxy gear, it comes with wide and easily changeable bands. That I give kudos but overall, I think they are trying to make a point with their OS more than the shape of the watch. I wasn't stoked to be honest.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods