You know me....I'll converse with anybody....until I start getting irritated....(laughing)
    Lol. I know. I remember when I would do the same. Retail has changed me!

I wonder if they actually watched the keynote fully to see what the watch will be able to do.

The app makers that are already on board.
    09-11-2014 10:08 AM
    You know me....I'll converse with anybody....until I start getting irritated....(laughing)
    many of us have already reached that point.
    Duvi and EmceeGeek like this.
    09-11-2014 10:09 AM
    many of us have already reached that point.
    (laughing)...I hear ya...
    Duvi likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:11 AM
    Well as always Apple is late but when they come, its with a bang. They spend a lot of time on their devices and features; Siri took 5-8 years (I can't remember which) to create and other companies have followed. I am a smartwatch follower and I have to admit I was very amazed by the Apple Watch. To me Apple has nothing else to prove; they put something out and no matter if we love it or not, its selling. If they would've waited any longer it would've been a huge issue because people like what they see with Samsung Gear/ Android Wear, they want it too! I know I do. Pebble isn't cutting it, Kreyos or any other watch that works with Apple; its just not the same.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person excited about Apple Watch besides my friends. LOL I mean... watch the keynote! Its awesome.
    09-11-2014 09:04 PM
    Well as always Apple is late but when they come, its with a bang. They spend a lot of time on their devices and features; Siri took 5-8 years (I can't remember which) to create and other companies have followed. I am a smartwatch follower and I have to admit I was very amazed by the Apple Watch. To me Apple has nothing else to prove; they put something out and no matter if we love it or not, its selling. If they would've waited any longer it would've been a huge issue because people like what they see with Samsung Gear/ Android Wear, they want it too! I know I do. Pebble isn't cutting it, Kreyos or any other watch that works with Apple; its just not the same.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person excited about Apple Watch besides my friends. LOL I mean... watch the keynote! Its awesome.
    Having to carry your phone with you everywhere is not awesome.
    09-11-2014 09:42 PM
    Isn't that point of having a phone?
    09-11-2014 09:57 PM
    That’s odd. I don’t have a smart watch, and yet I carry my phone with me everywhere I go. #duh
    09-11-2014 10:32 PM
    Innovate design will be a moot issue if it outsells all of its competitors and it is a safe bet that it might. Then what? Will those who purchased the Watch be considered mindless idiots with no taste for design or will they be happy customers going about their business and sporting their new Watches?
    Bang on. People, usually Apple-haters, always seem to hang this label onto Apple. "Oh Apple doesn't innovate, look at the design from the 4 to the 5 to the 6, lololol"

To them I say that Apple may not innovate in any way that the average user can see but every day, in ever way, they are getting better and better.

They take a great design and think "how can we make this BETTER?" if the 'better' means subtle changes under the hood then so be it. Innovation does not and never has meant sweeping changes and people need to understand this. Apple is a world leader because they know exactly what they are doing and don't make large leaps, like Samsung and others do (and look at the poor overall quality of their devices) and every change Apple makes it designed to tweak the performance or functionality to make the device perform better.

I swear that people seem to hate on Apple because it's the hip thing that all the 'cool kids' are doing. I know plenty of people that mock me for having Apple devices (and I care not one jot what others think of me) but have not ever tried an Apple device themselves. On the rare occasions when I have managed to get a few Android die-hards to use an iPhone, they have been blown away by the fluidity of the OS and the sturdy yet beautiful designs of the unit. In fact, my girlfriend, a staunch Android user, is ditching her Samsung and having my 5S when I get my iPhone 6 next week.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-12-2014 06:34 AM
    It is for me. I always wear a watch and carry my phone with me AT ALL TIMES. I need the phone for work, so it goes with me wherever I go and I am of the generation that likes watches and always wear one when out of the house. I even collect them, I have a number of Breitlings, Rolexes, Omegas and Tags and can't wait to add an Apple watch to the list. I would have preferred a round face but the Apple Watch looks like a nicely put together bit of kit that will compliment my wardrobe perfectly with the right strap.
    09-12-2014 06:37 AM
    I think the Apple watch albeit that it does look good compared to the LG G watch and galaxy gear, it comes with wide and easily changeable bands. That I give kudos but overall, I think they are trying to make a point with their OS more than the shape of the watch. I wasn't stoked to be honest.
    09-12-2014 06:51 AM
    First off, I am not here to be a troll. I just want an actual discussion from the die hard Apple fans about the Apple Watch.

In the forums here and on other sites, the general consensus from the Apple faithful was that Apple was behind on the smartwatch market because they were going to wait and do it right, fixing all of the problems of the Android based watches.

So, my question is, why didn't that happen?
    We still have the same giant square on a wrist, with no revolutionary features to speak of. Apple Watch does everything a Samsung or Android Wear will do, but there is no killer Apple only feature.
    Perhaps they should have waited longer.
    Allow me to dissect your concern.

First. May you elaborate on the "all of the problems of the Android based watches."? The statement is vague enough not to come up with specific discussion.

Second. What are you implying on your question, "Why didn't that happen?." Apple has failed with their iWatch?

Third. Is there a certainty that iWatch does not have a revolutionary feature? I supposed no detailed specs were disseminated yet.
    09-12-2014 09:55 AM
    How can there be any real verdict on this, until we try it on our own wrists? The word of a tech editor can only go so far. (no offense iMore and other tech sites.) And as far as "revolutionary features" We haven't had the UI on our wrists yet. android wear is being criticized as "half-baked" and "not polished enough". Do you think Apple would spend three years on one product and NOT nail the UI?
    First off, I am not here to be a troll. I just want an actual discussion from the die hard Apple fans about the Apple Watch.

In the forums here and on other sites, the general consensus from the Apple faithful was that Apple was behind on the smartwatch market because they were going to wait and do it right, fixing all of the problems of the Android based watches.

So, my question is, why didn't that happen?
    We still have the same giant square on a wrist, with no revolutionary features to speak of. Apple Watch does everything a Samsung or Android Wear will do, but there is no killer Apple only feature.
    Perhaps they should have waited longer.
    09-12-2014 10:05 AM
    I think the Apple Watch is going to be great. It has awesome styling and the apps look pretty too. I think as far as the pricing goes, it could be a tad lower but I am sure they will sell tons! I am def going to get one when they come out next year!
    09-12-2014 10:14 AM
    it is not just for zooming. It's also used to navigate through the device. Have you used the Watch before to be able to make such a definitive statement? Have you used the Watch before? According to whom? Who in their right mind would try so hard to convey his personal preferences on how a device that he did not make should have been? Yet, here you are.

Now you're being silly. None of the Blackberry devices I've owned, including the pearl, were ever damaged. Having said that, why do some smartphones get scratched and nicked while inside a protective casing?

Okay, but which company will sell more, in your humble opinion? If it turns out to be Apple, will you man up and admit that your preferences didn't add up to a hill of beans and Consumers, as a whole, thought otherwise?

Heres a video by Margques Brownlee, a tech enthusiast like myself. Hes quite objective in many of his reviews. Like me, he applauds the versatility and selection of the bands, but feels weird about the knob or Digital Crown, equating it to the Blackberry Pearl. And yes, I did own one prior to any touchscreen smartphones.

Regarding if the Apple Watch will sell more, it depends. Since Apple users are limited only to Apples ecosystem, would 5% of those users buy it and consider a success? Maybe 10%? And how about Android converters? Has Apple shared its sale projection? I dont know.

Mummer43. I have owned 2 smartwatches, currently using the Samsung Gear 2. I believe the Samsung Gear S can satisfy your needs in terms of standalone, health/fitness checking, and text/email all without being tethered to the main phone. Of course, like Apple, it doesnt work with other non-Samsung phones.
    Last edited by Sammuel1973; 09-12-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    09-12-2014 10:18 AM
    That sounds like saying "with all due respect" right before being disrespectful....

Agreed. "I am not here to troll" rates with Nixon's "I am not a crook" speech. Like with a politician says "in all honesty". Not buying it.

On the other hand, If he had NOT said that, do you seriously think someone wouldn't have called him one anyway? I think it's more probable he recognized the likelihood that some fanboys would have jumped on him whether he added that disclaimer or not and chose to attempt to fend them off, however unsuccessful that appears to have turned out
    09-12-2014 11:53 AM
    That’s odd. I don’t have a smart watch, and yet I carry my phone with me everywhere I go. #duh
    If they are marketing this as a fitness device then, yes, it's not awesome. Duh.
    09-12-2014 03:53 PM
    It is for me. I always wear a watch and carry my phone with me AT ALL TIMES. I need the phone for work, so it goes with me wherever I go and I am of the generation that likes watches and always wear one when out of the house. I even collect them, I have a number of Breitlings, Rolexes, Omegas and Tags and can't wait to add an Apple watch to the list. I would have preferred a round face but the Apple Watch looks like a nicely put together bit of kit that will compliment my wardrobe perfectly with the right strap.
    I normally have my phone with me as well... When I'm not working out. Having to carry those massive phones with you on a run or other such activity is far from convenient. I wouldn't call this device revolutionary, but that's just me. And I'm an apple guy. I'm also a watch guy, which is why I was hoping to love it. Sadly, I don't. I do, however love my new Omega Speedmaster.
    09-12-2014 03:58 PM
    the needed to make a new product and this was the best thing they could come up with. i would be happier with better iphone battery and waterproof
    nason54 likes this.
    09-12-2014 04:56 PM
    what happened?...................They announced the Apple Watch Sep 9th and it should be available early 2015.

Myself and MANY others are excited with the news and can't wait to get the Apple Watch.
    09-13-2014 05:57 AM
    I sell these things daily and guess what people are saying about the gear? It's confusing! The setup process doesn't make sense.

You download apps from where? How do you set it up?

Or device questions. Why does the phone measure my heart rate and steps better than the watch?

So what people fail to understand about apple is... The are innovators even when it's not clear as day. They make it easy for the end user.

Yesterday... I sell a lady a memory card for her Galaxy s5 that had no internal space. I set it to transfer all her media to the card... She then leaves. Hour later, she calls in to find out if it worked because she saw an error message and the low storage message was still there. She had to restart the phone for the message to go away. That's it!

I let someone leave with an apple product, I don't hear from them unless they want to know about apps they should download. I sell android, and I'm almost guaranteed to see them back soon.

I'm almost positive that after the original set up on the iPhone and apple watch, I won't be hearing from them like I would if I sold them a gear and Galaxy.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-13-2014 09:29 AM
    I don’t think the Op was questioning the software and the apple eco system not working together. He was more concerned about the look of the watch it self, even
    when I read Apple hired Swiss Tec’s to help innovate the watch I was excited, I was thinking styles like the Explorer, Omega Deville, Submariner along those line that is why I was disappointed in the Apple watch that square modern look just is not for me.
    09-13-2014 10:38 AM
    I feel like the Galaxy Gear S is calling my name instead of the iWatch errr... I mean Apple Watch
    09-13-2014 02:03 PM
    I feel like the Galaxy Gear S is calling my name instead of the iWatch errr... I mean Apple Watch
    Go for it. Get the device that YOU want no matter what brand it is...
    Duvi likes this.
    09-13-2014 02:58 PM
    Go for it. Get the device that YOU want no matter what brand it is...
    Lol I know but apple disappointed me with their attempt at a smart watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-2014 02:59 PM
    Lol I know but apple disappointed me with their attempt at a smart watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure it disappointed a lot of people. No device is for everyone and that's why it's always good to have choices. When one doesn't fit the bill for you, get one that does. It's really that simple.
    Duvi likes this.
    09-13-2014 03:09 PM
86 1234