Same here. I hope John Gruber isn't right.
    http://daringfireball.net/2015/03/apple_watch_prelude
    I know! When I saw that I thought for sure I was gonna end up with the sport model!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2015 10:45 PM
    I'll probably get the the regular Apple Watch.
    03-08-2015 10:45 PM
    Same here. I hope John Gruber isn't right.
    http://daringfireball.net/2015/03/apple_watch_prelude
    Thanks Karen for posting that!! It rings true, though I am hoping it's not also. I was really hoping for a space black steel watch, but oh my those prices. ! I may be getting the Sport after all, or at least waiting a few more months before getting the black steel. 😳
    03-08-2015 11:25 PM
    If I were to purchase a watch the brand would be Timex. More experienced watch makers.
    03-08-2015 11:30 PM
    Thanks Karen for posting that!! It rings true, though I am hoping it's not also. I was really hoping for a space black steel watch, but oh my those prices. ! I may be getting the Sport after all, or at least waiting a few more months before getting the black steel. ��
    I immediately had thoughts of wanting the sapphire screen, but that's hardly worth double the sport watch. And I already couldn't care less about the metal part. Most likely, my wife and I will be sporting the cheapest one which in an un-apple like move, will have the same guts and features as the rest. If it's a choice between 349 and 599, then it's not really a choice at all. I'm not paying 599.
    Guacho likes this.
    03-09-2015 08:25 AM
    Yeah i'm thinking the same about the sapphire screen...
    03-09-2015 03:14 PM
    Space gray aluminum with black sport band 42mm
    03-09-2015 03:24 PM
    I just got 3 out of 4 credit cards paid off plus another loan. So I set up a savings allotment into another bank from my Navy retirement pay just for this occasion. I'm planning on the Sport model, larger screen. I'm thinking black, but everyone else will get that. And being a Tar Heels fan, I might get the blue one.
    03-09-2015 05:11 PM
    I'm going for the 42mm sport with black band. I'm venturing to guess that the sport will be the most popular due to its price.
    03-09-2015 07:17 PM
    Sport model with the white band.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    03-09-2015 08:11 PM
    sport with black band...
    03-09-2015 09:07 PM
    Probably Sport.... Less risk, and a good placeholder until  Watch 2 comes out.
    03-09-2015 09:24 PM
    I really want a Standard in Black, but not for $1,100. So I'm leaning toward either the Standard with Milanese Loop band, or the Standard with a leather band (either black or blue). Another part of me wants the Space Gray Sport with a black band, especially since it's nearly half the weight of the Standard (30g versus 50g), but there are two drawbacks: the price means that everyone will have it and the screen isn't sapphire, it's glass. Very strong glass, but still glass. Decisions, decisions.
    03-10-2015 12:10 AM
    Okay, at first I wanted the Sport in black. Then I discovered the steel came in black and I wanted that but the price made that dream impractical. So I'm planning on meeting in the middle with the large size steel Apple Watch with the light brown leather loop magnetic band. Yeah I won't be eating fish, which is my favorite dish, and I'll have lint in my pockets, in other words I'll be Erik B. and Rakim's song “Paid in Full” in reverse, but I'll have something I will enjoy. Life's too short to not enjoy.
    Last edited by Microcosmos; 03-10-2015 at 01:56 AM. Reason: "And" to "and"
    03-10-2015 01:53 AM
    I like the Edition and will probably get it with a nice black leather band
    Still thinking about getting it now after the price announcement? Lol
    03-10-2015 05:56 AM
    I want gold. Then I want black. Then I want gold. Then I want black.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    You really want to spend that kind of money on the watch? Damn.

03-10-2015 07:45 AM
    I found a "supplier" of baby harp seal skin watch bands...
    03-10-2015 07:53 AM
    You really want to spend that kind of money on the watch? Damn.

If I could sure. But I can't. So I'll probably get the  Watch with possibly the white band.

Not keen on the link band.

But if I had that kind of expendable cash sure.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    03-10-2015 08:04 AM
    Probably the sports one to replace my jawbone tracker. Not sure how it'll look lifting & running with a smart watch on still.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 
    03-10-2015 08:07 AM
    Wish I could afford the Edition but that's just not anywhere near my budget.

That being said I'm definitely gonna get one and I'm think I will get a standard version. As tempting as it is pre order it I think I will have to wait so I can see them in person 1st.
    03-10-2015 10:55 AM
    Wish I could afford the Edition but that's just not anywhere near my budget.

That being said I'm definitely gonna get one and I'm think I will get a standard version. As tempting as it is pre order it I think I will have to wait so I can see them in person 1st.
    I plan on going to the store to see the various models on April 10th, then placing my preorder online. If I order the model with the white band, I can order the fashion bracelet as an accessory. The white band isn't available as a stand alone accessory in the online store. That way, I'll still get it on release day.
    03-10-2015 12:12 PM
    I kickstarted a Pebble Time! (Plus I already own a Martian, Original Pebble, and a Moto 360)
    carrickfergus likes this.
    03-10-2015 12:26 PM
    I kickstarted a Pebble Time! (Plus I already own a Martian, Original Pebble, and a Moto 360)
    I kinda hope google does let apple users connect to android wear. I really like the design of the Moto 360.
    03-10-2015 02:27 PM
    I'm in trigued as to the material the standard and the sport versions are made from.

I was led to believe that Sapphire glass would beat pretty much anything.

I gather that ion-strengthened glass is akin to Gorilla Glass and I am unsure of the toughness properties of aluminium versus steel in the case.

From the names, I would expect the Sport version to be tougher than the normal version but I just cannot find anything on the internet to confirm either way.
    Gorilla Glass is a brand of ion-strengthened glass, so that's essentially what you're getting in the Watch Sport edition, though possibly a different brand. The sapphire crystal on the non-sport editions will be more scratch resistant. Most traditional watches above about $300 use sapphire crystal for this reason.

Also, 316L stainless steel is far more scratch and dent resistant than the aluminum in the Watch Sport edition. It even says right on the Apple website about the Watch edition "The case is crafted from a refined 316L stainless steel... It’s less susceptible to nicks and corrosion". This is why nearly all traditional watches are made from stainless steel and not aluminum.

The Watch Sport edition is not named the way it is because it will hold up better to sports and exercise activities. The stainless steel / sapphire Watch edition will hold up much better to anything you throw at it. In the traditional watch industry, the term "sport" is most commonly used to denote a cheaper price point and cheaper materials, because people feel more comfortable wearing cheaper watches when they are hiking, working out, or exercising. People don't want to use super expensive watches for those activities, even though they would hold up better.
    03-10-2015 06:53 PM
    Don't forget that the Sport model will be much lighter... Something of an advantage for someone that's going to run with their watch.
    03-10-2015 09:06 PM
210 ... 34567 ...