Apple Watch too expensive?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hate watches ! anyway I bet it's not waterproof,shockproof or any other kind of proof. ?50 is about top money for a short design life toy. watch out for the floods of reports about broken watches.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't see a need for one of you have an iPhone. I haven't worn a watch since cell phones came out but I am sure they will sell like hot cakes just not for me.

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't the  watch is that expensive at all. At least for the sport edition which IMO is the only one worth getting. I've spent almost that much on just regular watches. My only have 2 complaints.

One, if you want to buy the other straps other than the sport, it costs a ridiculous amount of money roughly 40% of what the entry level  watch costs.

Second, I didn't see if the watch faces are the only faces you can use or if they will allow developers to write additional watch faces.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The one I want, the 'Classic' with a Milanese Loop is going to be above $900.

Whilst I do love collecting watches (I have a Breitling, two Rolexes, a TAG and an Omega), I am just not going to spend that money on an Apple Watch. No siree.

My daily driver is a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive ($800 approx) and is pretty beat up. I'm not going to swap that out for a more expensive Apple Warch that I bet isn't as strong as my current watch and I'm certainly not going to compromise myself by getting a cheaper Apple Watch that I don't like.

Never mind, it was a fun idea whilst it lasted.

Boo :)

The steel with milanese loop is $700, the weird part is, you posted this after the keynote ended

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Way too expensive if you ask me. There seems to be a dangerous trend with Apple. They seem to think they can release the most expensive products of their kind constantly and that people will continue to buy them. Maybe it will sell well but I don't think its going to be the runaway hit that they think it will be. I was excited about it too but after hearing the pricing I think I'll pass. $600 for the stainless steel is a joke.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The steel with milanese loop is $700, the weird part is, you posted this after the keynote ended

I couldn't watch the keynote as I was driving. Yeah I know, weird, huh?

Still, the Milanese loop watch is $700. I think I'll pass. A shame, if it had been South of $500 I may have considered it more strongly.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Frankly, the 349/399 for the Sport is quite cheap for what it is. I may go for the space grey/black one. We'll see. I'm not 100%.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Expensive, yes. Too expensive? Almost!! But everyone who has been waiting on pins and needles for this thing will shell out a good sum of $??? because we can finally get what we've been waiting for! Will it be worth it? I think that for most, actually, yeah it will...if you really want it in the first place, you'll probably end up digging it. If you're wishy washy about it then save up for something important to you.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I do love collecting watches (I have a Breitling, two Rolexes, a TAG and an Omega), I am just not going to spend that money on an Apple Watch. No siree.

Never mind, it was a fun idea whilst it lasted.

Boo :)

My thoughts exactly. I got a Rolex 2 months ago, considering the fact that Rolex's & Omega's are atleast 2 generation watches. I didn't mind spending the USD 12000 for a watch ( and obnoxious service costs every 5 years), that my kids can use/ trade, but an 'accessory' that will be outdated in 1 year, doesn't fancy me.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure yet .... I'm not a watch person , plus the one I want is too expensive so I'm probably not going to get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I might hold off in the hopes that sales will be very disappointing because of pricing and they will lower the price. If I know Apple that probably won't happen but who knows. I wish they offered a monthly plan like they do with the phones

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I wish they offered a monthly plan like they do with the phones
I was thinking the same thing, but unlike smartphones, the Apple Watch does not require a data plan tied to a carrier...although it would be nice for some consumers to have some type of equipment installment program. Perhaps TMobile can lead the charge as it has in the past.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing, but unlike smartphones, the Apple Watch does not require a data plan tied to a carrier...although it would be nice for some consumers to have some type of equipment installment program. Perhaps TMobile can lead the charge as it has in the past.

T-Mobile does offer the EIP for accessories, but the last I heard, it was only for $250. You would have to pay the difference up front. The other thing here is it doesn't look like carriers will sell the Apple Watch at first, so the financing options wouldn't be available anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh