Apple Watch too expensive?

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
That may be but I never get anywhere near the estimates on the phones, so not sure about the watch. I mean, either it will be super useful and I'll use it a lot and the battery will drain, otherwise it will not be that useful and I could have just skipped buying it. I eagerly await the next breakthrough in battery tech.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm really into mobile tech and I spend too much 💵 on it for sure. I like the idea of a smart watch. That said, I had a Gear S for my Note 4 and while it was definitely a cool piece of tech and looked really neat it just wasn't "useful" to me. I've found that one of my 3 or 4 phones is ALWAYS within reach so there are very few scenarios that a smart watch serves. I want a 🍎 watch and will probably get one to "play" with but I have a bad feeling it won't be much more useful than the Gear S.

The Gear S at $300 makes me think the 🍎 watch may be too expensive competitively but I know you have to pay the 🍎 tax to play in this garden.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The 18k gold one isn't plated, it's solid 18k gold. That's why everyone thinks it will be so expensive, in the thousands of dollars. No one yet knows the selling price, but based on the cost of 18k gold, they're guessing ~$5,000. We'll see in April, or hopefully at a formal announcement in March giving the advance orders/in-store release dates.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
$349 is a high starting price considering that the watch pretty much relies on the iPhone for everything. If you get another band and the larger faced watch you are looking at $500 easy. I can save that money and just pull my iPhone out of my pocket and do the same stuff plus more

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
$349 is a high starting price considering that the watch pretty much relies on the iPhone for everything. If you get another band and the larger faced watch you are looking at $500 easy. I can save that money and just pull my iPhone out of my pocket and do the same stuff plus more

...but you'll miss out on looking like a hipster. Do you really wanna miss out?

lukezli1

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
The reason Apple Watch looks expensive is because we compare it against how much iPhones cost. However, keep in mind iPhones are cheaper because of the 2yr contracts... food for thought!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
According to the reports I've read, only 5% of iPhone users strongly say they are buying the Watch. So if you're buying one, you're likely in the minority. That's still a lot of watches, but it looks different from that perspective. I'm not buying one. I wouldn't buy one if it were $99.99. I just don't like wearing anything on my arm or wrist. Besides, my iPhone is always with me. It does more than the Watch ever will. MobileNations would love it if you took this thread to the Connectedly forum.
http://m.connectedly.com/

Report source: https://worktechwork.wordpress.com/...ers-say-theyre-very-likely-to-by-apple-watch/

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

dan1453

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The ones for $349 look kinda cheap, those for $20,000 are too expensive, let's start saving on the one for $7,000:laughing:
Or buy a Rolex...

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Do I think the price is a little higher than I expected it to be? Yes. Is that going to stop myself and many other Apple users from purchasing this watch? Absolutely not.

I could have gotten the Pebble watch along time ago. I chose to pass over it and see what Apple had planned. I am glad I did. The a Apple Watch looks like an amazing device that is solidly built.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The one I want, the 'Classic' with a Milanese Loop is going to be above $900.

Whilst I do love collecting watches (I have a Breitling, two Rolexes, a TAG and an Omega), I am just not going to spend that money on an Apple Watch. No siree.

My daily driver is a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive ($800 approx) and is pretty beat up. I'm not going to swap that out for a more expensive Apple Warch that I bet isn't as strong as my current watch and I'm certainly not going to compromise myself by getting a cheaper Apple Watch that I don't like.

Never mind, it was a fun idea whilst it lasted.

Boo :)

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Would you pay $349 for the Apple Watch? Why or why not?

No. First, if people want it i say go for it and enjoy you purchase.

No for me because, I don't like wearing a watch. When I wear a watch i prefer a very fashionable luxury style "dress watch." Also that situation is the rare time when i need to dress up. And where i live everything is very casual. It'd simply be used as a sports watch for me. It's way more than i'd want to spend on a sports watch. At most i'd spend $99 for such a thing. I know what the watch does but those are not things that i have a pressing desire to do. Like the health tracking. I'm fine tracking what's on my phone and i take my phone when i jog anyways for, the gps, and to take random pictures when inspiration strikes me. There's nothing wrong with the Apple watch but it's solution to a problem I don't have. And a pricey one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73