It's your right and I see your point but in another universe I can argue that  has put out a one generation device with a possible software update but no future devices especially if it bombs like all the naysayers like to predict or smart watches fizzle out all together so I'm getting mine while the getting is good
    Well if it flops, there will be lots on eBay/craigslist/swappa so I can pick one up there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kataran likes this.
    03-13-2015 05:36 PM
    Would you pay $349 for the Apple Watch? Why or why not?
    No because it's an iPhone accessory and not a watch. Plus, that's more EMF exposure without a good 10-15 years of studies of what that would do to someone. At least with your phone you can leave 10-20 feet away and do things.

I'm not convinced they are 100% safe with long term exposure.

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/...ion-dangerous/
    03-13-2015 11:52 PM
    I hate to say it, but the watch is eye-bleedingly too expensive. I am the ideal market for this - I am actually looking to buy a watch, I'm into tech, and I earn a decent salary. But the entry-level watch for grown-ups (stainless steel with leather band) costs $700. I can barely imagine taking the idea to my wife that I want to spend $700 on a watch that I'll keep for the next twenty years. But for a tech product that I'll be tossing in two years? Not a chance. The watch, frankly, feels like an indulgence, not like a phone which I can argue that I really need. And this is just too much for an indulgence.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-14-2015 02:45 PM
    With only about 5% of US iPhone users strongly saying they will buy the Watch, I can understand Apple's price strategy.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-14-2015 07:14 PM
    Sometimes pricing too high leads to lower revenue, though.
    03-15-2015 01:38 PM
    I hate to say it, but the watch is eye-bleedingly too expensive. I am the ideal market for this - I am actually looking to buy a watch, I'm into tech, and I earn a decent salary. But the entry-level watch for grown-ups (stainless steel with leather band) costs $700. I can barely imagine taking the idea to my wife that I want to spend $700 on a watch that I'll keep for the next twenty years. But for a tech product that I'll be tossing in two years? Not a chance. The watch, frankly, feels like an indulgence, not like a phone which I can argue that I really need. And this is just too much for an indulgence.
    I am a 44 year old adult who will be purchasing the sport model at $350

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    kataran and Sammuel1973 like this.
    03-15-2015 01:44 PM
    I'm thinking the 42mm sport in space gray with black band for 399!

Sent from my  6+
    03-15-2015 03:33 PM
    No because it's an iPhone accessory and not a watch. Plus, that's more EMF exposure without a good 10-15 years of studies of what that would do to someone. At least with your phone you can leave 10-20 feet away and do things.

I'm not convinced they are 100% safe with long term exposure.

Is Bluetooth Radiation Dangerous?
    This comment made me actually laugh out loud...
    boovish likes this.
    03-15-2015 03:56 PM
    The sport model is for grown-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-15-2015 04:35 PM
    I'm not being serious, of course, that the sport model isn't for adults. Great for sports or yard work or shlepping around the house. But I really wouldn't wear a watch with a rubber strap to work.
    03-15-2015 07:08 PM
    I would wear a watch with the rubber strap to work. Guess it depends on your job. I would think the black one would blend though without issue.
    You could also go with the sports and add a nicer band as well

Sent from my iPhone 6
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    03-15-2015 07:12 PM
    With there quick release mechanism  opened a robust aftermarket and I can't wait for there offerings
    03-15-2015 07:16 PM
    I would wear a watch with the rubber strap to work. Guess it depends on your job. I would think the black one would blend though without issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    Definitely depends on your jobI wear sweats and shorts to work (as does my boss). A sports band in any color would be perfectly fine. And I'm definitely a grownup and have been for way too many years.
    03-15-2015 08:07 PM

Sent from my iPhone 6
    Yeah I'm in jeans in the winter shorts in the summer. I can pull it off without issue.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    03-15-2015 08:08 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but I see a lot of y'all placing the apple symbol thought out your text. How do you do this?

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    03-16-2015 01:17 AM
     copy and paste it and put it in your short cuts under keyboards.
    03-16-2015 01:25 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but I see a lot of y'all placing the apple symbol thought out your text. How do you do this?

There was a How To in the blog section about a month back
    03-16-2015 08:07 AM

Copy it and paste it to your shortcuts in settings.

03-16-2015 10:03 AM

My shortcut for Watch
    Apple Watch too expensive?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1426514782.142920.jpg
    And this for Pay
    Apple Watch too expensive?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1426514998.936988.jpg
    I also use an app called "Symbols". I get these and more:
    Apple Watch too expensive?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1426515623.618456.jpg

Last edited by Ledsteplin; 03-16-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    kataran and Sekelani Zwambila like this.
    03-16-2015 10:06 AM
    Thanks a lot I figured it out  hehe

Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-16-2015 09:37 PM
    smart watches lure people into buying them. Smart people invest into a real quality watch..
    03-18-2015 08:16 AM
    smart watches lure people into buying them. Smart people invest into a real quality watch..
    Smart people who purchase a smartwatch will understand what it is and what it is not, and they will use it in a manner that is beneficial to them. As for investing in a "real quality watch", that's debatable. Is it smarter to pay $3,000 for a watch that will display the same time as one costing $30?
    kataran, 21stNow and Les74 like this.
    03-18-2015 08:52 AM
    Smart people who purchase a smartwatch will understand what it is and what it is not, and they will use it in a manner that is beneficial to them. As for investing in a "real quality watch", that's debatable. Is it smarter to pay $3,000 for a watch that will display the same time as one costing $30?
    Bingo
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-18-2015 09:00 AM
    That thing is TRASH. Doesn't even have GPS inside the thing? Have to constantly have your iPhone strapped to your body for athletics? Not even waterproof? 8 GB of space and 75MB dedicated to photos? That's insane. Let the others be the guinea pigs on this 1st generation project.
    03-25-2015 02:49 PM
    That thing is TRASH. Doesn't even have GPS inside the thing? Have to constantly have your iPhone strapped to your body for athletics? Not even waterproof? 8 GB of space and 75MB dedicated to photos? That's insane. Let the others be the guinea pigs on this 1st generation project.
    Thanks for your stellar input......on a product that won't be released for another month.
    03-25-2015 03:35 PM
266 ... 7891011